Hook 'Em Horns vs. Roll Tide Game Thread

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Dallas;3206842 said:
:D Im just sayin. I know folks hate Stoops and feel he runs it up way to much. It's just what he does now after learning from losses in the past when he let up.

I agree with you and am surprised w/ all the attention the NCAA puts on sportsmanship these days, the coaches aren't held to the same standard as the players are. Doing what Saban and the other coaches do is unsportsman like to the T.

Its wrong - no matter who it is.

Which is why there needs to be a playoff...

Last time I looked... Boise State manned up and won...

Let the best team.. WIN... for once...

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Dallas;3206845 said:
Drae you are super awesome Longhorn fan. At the next RRS I attend, I hope you are there. I will take your ugly orange fold up chair and place it anywhere you want me to. ;)

Aww shucks...I knew there was a reason why I still like ya. :cry:

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
If for some reason Phillips got fired...

Would you support Jerry hiring this man?

Nick_Saban_gesturing_at_podium.jpg

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;3206862 said:

so he can up and leave after 1 season.....no thanks

The Panch

Reaction score

http://i88.***BLOCKED***/albums/k191/elenapoe/Dolphins_Nick_Saban_with_headset_ov.jpg

No.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score

image_5727612.jpg

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score

ConcordCowboy;3206882 said:

image_5727612.jpg

No and no.

Excellent college coaches, but neither strikes me as possessing the qualities necessary to succeed in the NFL.

thekavorka

Reaction score
I don't find Mack Brown as an above-average game coach. He's an amazing recruiter and motivator though.

Tobal

Reaction score
I love Mack Brown as coach of my Horns not my Boys. Thanks UT for a great season with a thrilling near comeback for the ages. You represented your state, University, and Conference tonight and I Couldn't be prouder.

When Mack Brown recruits your kid and tells you he'll take care of him and do whats best for him remeber tonight.

Congrats Alabama you seem to have some nice kids who did a wonderful job this season.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Bonecrusher#31;3206442 said:
Bama's QB is worse than Gilbert :eek:

That cat is worthless

No ****.

Throw the frickin ball away...he holds onto the ball way too long.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
anava;3206652 said:
Can't believe Ingram came back in the game after that calf cramp...Doesn't he know he has an NFL career to worry about?

~ducking~

I know I couldn't believe I was hearing that.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Biggems;3206827 said:
Texas could have been up 20-17 had Gilbert not thrown that pick 6 before the half.

Is that 20 counting the TD that Malcolm dropped? He really needed to step up tonight and he didn't. He has alot of talent but wow. If he caught that pass, it's 14-13 two plays after Richardson's big run. Instead, it led to an interception the very next play.

crazytown41

Reaction score
trickblue;3206852 said:
Which is why there needs to be a playoff...

Last time I looked... Boise State manned up and won...

Let the best team.. WIN... for once...
1. There won't be a playoff system anytime soon. The talking heads only discuss it because it will get viewers

2. Boise St. would've got run over by both these teams. That Boise-TCU game was awful to watch. Absolutely pathetic offenses

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Some observations....

a. Congrats to Alabama on winning the BCS Championship. However, I still believe that a playoff system is needed to determine a true champion. Who would not like to see Alabama vs. Boise in a match up next week for a winner take all???

b. Sabin is a POS for running the score up. He clearly was scared that his repuation or image or whatever would be hurt if he only won by a little bit. Thus, running up the score makes it look like Alabama won by more than they actually did, total bushleage move by Sabin.

c. Gilbert did a hell of a job for a freshman coming off the bench cold. He has a bright future ahead of him with UT.

d. It was a dam shame McCoy got hurt, the game might have really been different. I agree with some of the posters here that the image portrayed tonight (be if fair or unfair) was that McCoy was more concerned about his NFL future than playing for a national title. Now I am not saying this was the case, I am just saying that is how it looked and I really wonder if some scouts are going to hold it against him. I would have loved for Colt to show some sack and at least try to play a couple of snaps in the 2nd half. If the ball only goes 5 yards or is wildly inaccurate, then sit him down.

crazytown41

Reaction score
Let's just hope the more important Texas team doesn't have the same demise. :pray:

Temo

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;3206956 said:
d. It was a dam shame McCoy got hurt, the game might have really been different. I agree with some of the posters here that the image portrayed tonight (be if fair or unfair) was that McCoy was more concerned about his NFL future than playing for a national title. Now I am not saying this was the case, I am just saying that is how it looked and I really wonder if some scouts are going to hold it against him. I would have loved for Colt to show some sack and at least try to play a couple of snaps in the 2nd half. If the ball only goes 5 yards or is wildly inaccurate, then sit him down.

I don't blame him if true (which it's probably not). In terms of priority, NFL career>College in importance.