Hook 'Em Horns vs. Roll Tide Game Thread

erickb

Reaction score
Congrats to bama, don't like Saban he was an *** before this game and will be one after.

TX has been and will always be my team, just like the Cowboys :cool:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
trickblue;3206741 said:
Just sayin' the "all you longturd fans" rubs us all the wrong way... we have great fans...

As much as A&M fans hate us, we stepped up during the tragedy at the bonfire...

Target your enemies... not all of us...

Texas did well considering what happened tonight... "weak team" wasn't UT tonight...

Im sorry for lumping you in there Trick. You and Poke have been long time friends to me and I didn't mean anything personal. We go way back in our rivalries together. I know.

I get irritated and that came out. My appologies.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Dallas;3206737 said:
Exactly and I didnt say JACK CRAP about crying because we lost Sam. That sucks and it sucks for Texas that Colt got hurt. But to turn this crap into an anti oklahoma anything, just rubbed me completely wrong.

I forget how much the hatred is for Oklahoma here.

We will never get along when it comes to that game and it's a shame. Good ribbing back and forth is one thing but tonight was Texas and Alabamas night, and I took offense.

Yep

lol you are taking it was to seriously, at least from me. I pull for OU unless they are playing Texas, but lets face it this year Texas was better, years ago Oklahoma was always better. Its a cycle, its our time now, and it will probably stay like that for a few more years, in spite of MacBrown's coaching and Bob Stoops' Bellyaching.

Bluestang

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3206735 said:
Wow, really? I think Bradford will be a very good pro. Maybe a top pro. If his shoulder is okay, which it should be.

And I seriously doubt Colt was risking his career. Draft spots, maybe.

Who knows at this point...but Bradford and McCoy can only help their draft status at the NFL Combine this year...but we all know that is subjective. Only way is when they get their chance to suit on Sundays.

For all we know Mark Ingram could amount to nothing in the NFL...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dallas;3206742 said:
Again - I was pulling for Texas - go look at my earlier posts. Then you come dancing in w/ your anti Oklahoma hatred.

Sets people off. Cant be civil on your night, nope - can't do that.

Lets BASH Oklahoma cuz my team just got beat down.

I get it w/ you now bro.

Really, why don't you take a good look back at this thread and see who did what, who said what. "Must be an Oklahoma Fan" is real trash talk.

Have it how you want it Dallas.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Well all my football hopes are now placed in you Romo, and in you Wade Phillips (shudders) don't let me down!

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
tumblr_ktribe5cy41qana45o1_500.jpg

:toast2:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
utrunner07;3206750 said:
lol you are taking it was to seriously, at least from me. I pull for OU unless they are playing Texas, but lets face it this year Texas was better, years ago Oklahoma was always better. Its a cycle, its our time now, and it will probably stay like that for a few more years, in spite of MacBrown's coaching and Bob Stoops' Bellyaching.

It does get serious. Some of things the longhorn fans here say really come across as very personal, and I know i can get real personal too and I tried real hard this year to not do that. It was a bad bad year for Oklahoma and it was really tough losing Sam. It brought back a lot of painful memories when I saw Colt go out like that tonight. I hated seeing that, because I wanted a Texas win for th ebig12.

But then after the game these odd slams at Oklahoma just remind me of why I just go away during the RRS. I love coming here. This is my Dallas home, but its crazy hard to sit and see some of my so called "forum buddies" taking such hateful swipes at Oklahoma, when nothing tonight had anything to do w/ OU.

Im like any other fan when it comes to their team. I don't want to see others rip them.

el_chevo

El Serrano
Reaction score
No kidding, Go Cowboys!
utrunner07;3206764 said:
Well all my football hopes are now placed in you Romo, and in you Wade Phillips (shudders) don't let me down!

el_chevo

El Serrano
Reaction score
Stay at the forum and enjoy the company. We are proud Texans and can't stand anyone else. Sorry if someone rustled your feathers, but we are in Texas, we are Texans, and everyone else....well, 'nuff said.
Dallas;3206768 said:
It does get serious. Some of things the longhorn fans here say really come across as very personal, and I know i can get real personal too and I tried real hard this year to not do that. It was a bad bad year for Oklahoma and it was really tough losing Sam. It brought back a lot of painful memories when I saw Colt go out like that tonight. I hated seeing that, because I wanted a Texas win for th ebig12.

But then after the game these odd slams at Oklahoma just remind me of why I just go away during the RRS. I love coming here. This is my Dallas home, but its crazy hard to sit and see some of my so called "forum buddies" taking such hateful swipes at Oklahoma, when nothing tonight had anything to do w/ OU.

Im like any other fan when it comes to their team. I don't want to see others rip them.

Bluestang

Reaction score
Dallas;3206768 said:

Agreed. This game would have been alot better if Colt didn't get hurt and I'm sure everyone can agree with that.

Ren

Reaction score
utrunner07;3206764 said:

Scary isn't it? :eek::

Honestly i'd probably be upset about this game but as soon as Colt when down i knew that was it.
Gilbert almost brought them back, can't wait to see how he'll turn out in a few years

el_chevo

El Serrano
Reaction score
BTW, did anyone catch that classy move by Saban at the end when he pushed for a touchdown? Some people are just trash....

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Props to Bama on the win and the title

Props to the Horns for playing their butts off after Colt went down

Hook em next year

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
el_chevo;3206785 said:
BTW, did anyone catch that classy move by Saban at the end when he pushed for a touchdown? Some people are just trash....

And why I just can't stand the man.

ZERO

What's that?

ZERO-CLASS :mad:

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3206735 said:
Wow, really? I think Bradford will be a very good pro. Maybe a top pro. If his shoulder is okay, which it should be.

And I seriously doubt Colt was risking his career. Draft spots, maybe.

The Colt thing smells of weenieness. I'll admit that's a judgment based on nothing but the way it looks, and yes, the announcers did say Colt 'wanted back in.' Still, it smells bad...ya know what I mean? As sports fans, you crave to see those glimpses of greatness. Vince Young provided that five years ago. From a non-Texas fan's perspective, but a sports fan's eyes, Colt had a chance at immortality and he either passed on it or was told it wasn't worth it. We'll never know what could have been. Instead, when stacking his legacy against Vince's, one now remains a God and the other a meh. Just my two cents.

Oh, and Dallas .... Drew Allen. That's all I got to say. I think he'll be OU's guy next year, or hope at least. I think he could really do something there.