Hope, springs eternal!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Ranching, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

24,431 Messages
    22,619 Likes Received
    Fan’s don’t give up. You have so spare me the I’ve been a fan since 1971 BS.

jazzcat22 and Ranching like this.
  2. silver

silver Well-Known Member

6,727 Messages
    1,536 Likes Received
    Like I said, I will ignore the apologists this season.

HowardC and aria like this.
  3. Rockport

24,431 Messages
    22,619 Likes Received
    And when we start winning you’ll be back on the band wagon as if you’ve never left. Fair weather fan.

4. silver

silver Well-Known Member

6,727 Messages
    1,536 Likes Received
    No, I'll never leave. I'll watch all the games. Is just that I'm not going to get all excited with the next LVE we draft or the next Dontari Poe we sign. But I'll be rooting for them to win always.

CouchCoach, HowardC, Proof and 2 others like this.
  5. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

4,955 Messages
    4,719 Likes Received
    I have changed somehow. I still love it, but I no longer die when they lose. Used to be a time where I would skip all kinds of functions because my Boys were playing. I’m no longer that person for some reason. Not exactly sure what turned it for me, interesting!

dallasdave, DFWJC, CouchCoach and 3 others like this.
  6. aria

aria Well-Known Member

17,543 Messages
    16,789 Likes Received
    Had to see what delusional poster he was referring to so I unignored the content in this thread and no surprise, look who it was.

Ridiculous comment. Some of us are fans who are realistic who may or may not be optimistic and then there are homers like you. Giving up? Lol, do you think we’re zeke? Do you see us on the field tapping out? It doesn’t matter one iota what I think will happen to this team because I don’t effect it any way. As much as you like to think your homerism somehow translates to winning you’re sadly mistaken and clearly need to do a better job.

Congrats on winning your own fan contest, you’re clearly the best fan EVER!

JoeKing, Seven and silver like this.
  7. Rockport

24,431 Messages
    22,619 Likes Received
    That’s good. I still get excited after every draft. Been a fan long before you. I never give up hope.

ChuckA1 and Ranching like this.
  8. Rockport

24,431 Messages
    22,619 Likes Received
    Only an idiot would think their being optimistic and hopeful for the team to succeed would in fact make the team succeed. Unless of course they were at the game. You’ve been a Debbie Downer for as long as I’ve been here even during the 2016 season you were always *****ing about something or someone.

Ranching likes this.
  9. acr731

acr731 Zone Supporter

3,877 Messages
    10,004 Likes Received
    That made me laugh. The nerve of this dude - he doesn't even know you and throws out sheet like that. You sound like a coach I would bust my butt for. Salud, bro.

10. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

25,005 Messages
    21,504 Likes Received
    You can't control it but you know about it. Hope for the best, okay, but you know it will never meet expectations. Especially when we use to cheer this team on to multiple Super Bowl victories. Sorry, I just can't hope for the best anymore.

If you were given a crap sandwich, you're not going to bite into it hoping it tastes great. You know it just won't. But that is what you are doing by hoping for the best from this team. It's a crap sandwich and no matter how many times you bite into it, it's always going to taste like crap, no matter how hard you hope otherwise.

aria likes this.
  11. Rockport

24,431 Messages
    22,619 Likes Received
    Don’t give up Joe. Things can change. They’ve already got the #1 offense in the NFL. Just need to fix the defense. Quinn is a good start. We have a lot of draft picks and there’s FA. We’re not as far away as many here think.

jazzcat22 likes this.
  12. aria

aria Well-Known Member

17,543 Messages
    16,789 Likes Received
    Nah, just zeke and I see you’re still a hypocrite complaining about people complaining. Carry on homer, I’m jealous of you as a fan, you’re the gold standard!

JoeKing likes this.
  13. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

13,391 Messages
    19,475 Likes Received
    Yes sir, this is yet another opportunity to improve the team. Get it done..

14. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG "Dak 666" Zone Supporter

10,445 Messages
    15,674 Likes Received
    :clap:

15. ChuckA1

ChuckA1 Zone Supporter

1,498 Messages
    1,980 Likes Received
    I'm always optimistic. I'm a Cowboys fan, period.

16. JoeKing

25,005 Messages
    21,504 Likes Received
    My hopes for the team are just beat down to shreds. It all stems from the ownership... they are grooming a new generation of incompetent Jones to take over... so it never ends. I'm reduced to watching old game film when Roger Staubach was coached by legendary Coach Landry in the good old days. I can't wait to hear Drew Pearson's HoF acceptance speech later this year.

17. JoeKing

25,005 Messages
    21,504 Likes Received
    :hammer::hammer::hammer:

aria likes this.
  18. Jipper

Jipper Well-Known Member

6,524 Messages
    10,500 Likes Received
    Having hope for next year is a crappy way to perpetually deal with disappointment....just go ask browns and bengals fans...their teams have single handily increased the depression rate in Ohio.

hope sucks, at some point it becomes so empty that even though you “hope” you get to the point where you aren’t interested.....feels like this fan base is just about there.

HowardC likes this.
  19. Rockport

24,431 Messages
    22,619 Likes Received
    You should be. Zeke’s going to contend for the rushing title this year beotch.

20. Rockport

24,431 Messages
    22,619 Likes Received
    Everyone is different. I’ve got 3 kids and they are a different as night and day. So it’s not a given that the new Jones generation is going to be like the previous.

Ranching likes this.