Hot Draft Rumor page leading up to the draft

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This Tribusky thing is really kind of freaky to watch unfold.

Perhaps they are just scaring their fanbase and then when the trade up with the Jets or something and get him, it is a relief or something.

If they take him, Haslam stuck his unqualified nose in it again and is officially the worst owner in this league.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Perhaps they are just scaring their fanbase and then when the trade up with the Jets or something and get him, it is a relief or something.

If they take him, Haslam stuck his unqualified nose in it again and is officially the worst owner in this league.

Was that not already decided?
:huh:

Alexander

Reaction score
Was that not already decided?
:huh:

You could have said the Manziel thing and changing front offices and coaches like underwear was a new owner figuring it out before.

There is no excuse now. They are primed to make a killing in this draft. They did very very nice things rebuilding their OL in free agency and can pull this off if he keeps his nose out of it.

I get it that he wants a QB. But seriously, if your team is going to break on whether or not you draft a player like Tribusky, then there are some real problems.

From the looks of things, he wants a QB so bad and the fact he is local just solidifies it.

The Browns fans are loyal, but they can't be stupid enough to keep accepting this.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
SI.com’s Chris Burke & Emily Kaplan

Date of Mock: April 26
Pick: Missouri DE Charles Harris
Comment: “Harris could be a fit for teams in the first half of Round 1, so landing him at 28 would be a boon for Jerry Jones & Co. The talented Missouri pass rusher profiles physically as more of a 3–4 OLB, but he had significant college success playing off the edge in a 4–3. One thing’s for sure: Dallas defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli would find a way to maximize Harris’s quickness off the edge.”

CBSSports.com’s Dane Brugler

Date of Mock: April 26
Pick: Harris
Comment: “Smart money has the Cowboys selecting a cornerback or pass rusher here. Harris is the type of edge threat who can thrive under Rod Marinelli's leadership.”

CBSSports.com’s Rob Rang

Date of Mock: April 24
Pick: Harris
Comment: “The Cowboys' gambles on recent character concerns at pass rusher have not paid off and adding a playmaker to this unit should be a top priority. Harris possesses the burst, bend and lethal spin move to wreak havoc off the edge and, after only joining the sport as a junior in high school, he possesses the upside for defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli to develop.”

Please let this happen

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You could have said the Manziel thing and changing front offices and coaches like underwear was a new owner figuring it out before.

There is no excuse now. They are primed to make a killing in this draft. They did very very nice things rebuilding their OL in free agency and can pull this off if he keeps his nose out of it.

I get it that he wants a QB. But seriously, if your team is going to break on whether or not you draft a player like Tribusky, then there are some real problems.

From the looks of things, he wants a QB so bad and the fact he is local just solidifies it.

The Browns fans are loyal, but they can't be stupid enough to keep accepting this.

They messed up last year by not getting Wentz.

I think they had a good draft last year, even though they passed on Wentz, and they have the ammo to really build a good football team.

I understand they need a QB but Trubisky is not the guy I would hitch my wagon too.

Myles Garrett should be the pick.

If they draft Trubisky and he busts it would be a huge setback when they have so many other solid pieces already on the team and a plethora of draft picks over the next few days.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If he wanted a quarterback so bad, he should have had them take the better one staring them in the face last year.

To now trade up for a lesser player Ron heaven forbid pass on the consensus best player in the draft at #1 is beyond asinine.

They do that and the league needs to step in and pull a Marge Schott.

Alexander

Reaction score
Ill say this, if Trubisky hits in Cleveland they will look brilliant.

The pressure will be immense though. The hometown boy shine will wear off quick as he will have a steep learning curve.

Sometimes it is not just the player, it is the situation. It looks good to get the hometown hero, but if they bring him in with that kind of pressure knowing he is the number one and a bonafide reach, it can turn quick.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The pressure will be immense though. The hometown boy shine will wear off quick as he will have a steep learning curve.

Sometimes it is not just the player, it is the situation. It looks good to get the hometown hero, but if they bring him in with that kind of pressure knowing he is the number one and a bonafide reach, it can turn quick.
He has some things going for him in Cleveland. Good OL, a QB guru HC. I think he could make it as long as they dont fire Jackson after 2017. Which they probably will

Alexander

Reaction score
He has some things going for him in Cleveland. Good OL, a QB guru HC. I think he could make it as long as they dont fire Jackson after 2017. Which they probably will

And that whole scenario is unfair. It is patently dumb to expect Jackson as a "QB guru" to be responsible for grooming the QB. He is the head coach.

I realize some think that Holmgren did that with Favre, but that is selling the influence of people like Gruden and Mariucci short. It takes a village to raise a QB.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score

LOL. I was thinking the same thing. Plan is to trade up to the Jets or Titan spot to take Trubisky, which probably would piss off their fans. But if they float that they might take him at #1 and then only take him at 5 or 6.......... whew. Sigh of relief.

Alexander

Reaction score
LOL. I was thinking the same thing. Plan is to trade up to the Jets or Titan spot to take Trubisky, which probably would piss off their fans. But if they float that they might take him at #1 and then only take him at 5 or 6.......... whew. Sigh of relief.

They would look smart then. Look, we got both, don't forget to buy your season tickets!

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
If we take a DE first pick and Conley is tgerecat 60, stop playin. He's a cowboy without question whether I like it or not