Hot Draft Rumor page leading up to the draft

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Dane just updated his mock: April 27

28. Dallas Cowboys
Adoree' Jackson, CB, USC. Although still unrefined in areas as a cover man, Jackson is a premier athlete with the versatility to help on special teams and grow into one of the Cowboys' top defensive players.

I guess we will have to trust, but an undersized slot corner in round 1 is a little tough to swallow when the second and third have an abundance of DB talent and Watt was still there for the taking. Plus, top end defensive backfield evaluation is the one position that Dallas has been a little underwhelming at in recent years.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I guess we will have to trust, but an undersized slot corner in round 1 is a little tough to swallow when the second and third have an abundance of DB talent and Watt was still there for the taking. Plus, top end defensive backfield evaluation is the one position that Dallas has been a little underwhelming at in recent years.

I prefer the pass rusher if available but they seem to like this player.

Jackson may not even be there at #28, time will tell.

RS12

Reaction score
— Among picks in my final mock draft, I’m most confident in Solomon Thomas to the Bears at No. 3, Malik Hooker to the Chargers at No. 7 (though the Jets like him, as well), Marlon Humphrey to the Saints at No. 11, Cam Robinson to the Ravens at No. 16, Derek Barnett to the Commanders at No. 17 (unless Charles Harris is there), Dalvin Cook to the Bucs at No. 19 (or if they move down a few spots), and Adoree' Jackson to the Cowboys at No. 28.

— From asking around the last 48 hours, I’d be very surprised if any team spent a first-rounder on Gareon Conley, but almost everyone I spoke with believes he’ll be picked on Friday. The Cowboys, Eagles, and Packers are his most likely destinations.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...es-steelers-cowboys/4jla52tbm7ws1met4algvpiw9

Tristan

Reaction score
I prefer the pass rusher if available but they seem to like this player.

Jackson may not even be there at #28, time will tell.
I love A Jax, if we draft him I think this is to deal with Odell Beckahm jr. hes the same size and might be the only guy fast and quick enough to handle him, if we cant get Harris or Watt then I like that plan

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
— Among picks in my final mock draft, I’m most confident in Solomon Thomas to the Bears at No. 3, Malik Hooker to the Chargers at No. 7 (though the Jets like him, as well), Marlon Humphrey to the Saints at No. 11, Cam Robinson to the Ravens at No. 16, Derek Barnett to the Commanders at No. 17 (unless Charles Harris is there), Dalvin Cook to the Bucs at No. 19 (or if they move down a few spots), and Adoree' Jackson to the Cowboys at No. 28.

— From asking around the last 48 hours, I’d be very surprised if any team spent a first-rounder on Gareon Conley, but almost everyone I spoke with believes he’ll be picked on Friday. The Cowboys, Eagles, and Packers are his most likely destinations.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...es-steelers-cowboys/4jla52tbm7ws1met4algvpiw9
The best part about things like this are looking back at them to see how irretrievably wrong they were.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I really am not going to be happy with Jackson at 28. Unless of course the alternative is White.

That is my coping mechanism for the weekend if I don't like the pick.

"Oh well, it could be worse. We could have had Tre'Davious White. Go COWBOYS!"

visionary

Reaction score
I love A Jax, if we draft him I think this is to deal with Odell Beckahm jr. hes the same size and might be the only guy fast and quick enough to handle him, if we cant get Harris or Watt then I like that plan

We need intelligent disciplined secondary players who are willing and sure tacklers and there are several in this draft

Don't need anyone to lock down anybody

The value is higher at DL in Rd 1 IMO

DallasBlockersClub

Reaction score
If we draft a defensive back in round one it better be Budda Baker. Otherwise remote ------------> television.

Sydla

Reaction score
who do you like at 28?

Watt, Barnett, Harris, McKinley if one is there.

In terms of DBs............ I am not big on any of the DBs in the first round......... but gun to head........... Peppers, Awuzie, King, Humphrey if he slid.

I'd even go OJ Howard or Mike Williams or Corey Davis over Jackson at 28.

My fear is the Cowboys are overvaluing him because of the special teams angle. That while they understand he's a raw CB who will need work, that is mitigated by the fact he can return kicks. Frankly, if I am taking a CB in round one, his best attribute better not be, "Hey, he can return kicks!"

That's like being set up on a blind date and when you ask if the girl is attractive, the response is, "you'll love her personality!"

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

I like Jackson too but hope the pass rush is there at #28.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Watt, Barnett, Harris, McKinley if one is there.

In terms of DBs............ I am not big on any of the DBs in the first round......... but gun to head........... Peppers, Awuzie, King, Humphrey if he slid.

I'd even go OJ Howard or Mike Williams or Corey Davis over Jackson at 28.

My fear is the Cowboys are overvaluing him because of the special teams angle. That while they understand he's a raw CB who will need work, that is mitigated by the fact he can return kicks. Frankly, if I am taking a CB in round one, his best attribute better not be, "Hey, he can return kicks!"

That's like being set up on a blind date and when you ask if the girl is attractive, the response is, "you'll love her personality!"
good list. i know they did not have Peppers in for a visit, did Humphrey come in.
I'm sure you've seen most mocks, they have most of those guys gone before 28, so we would have Jackson, Peppers, Awuzie from your list. Should be interesting night.