Hot Draft Rumor page leading up to the draft

Sydla

Reaction score
Jane Slater and a few others say we like Quincy Wilson, who would be disappointed at #28?

I actually like him more than Jackson. But I think he'd also be a reach at 28.

But the rumors seem to be trending towards us going DB at 28. Which would bug me if there were some of the DE guys on the board like Watt or even luckily, Barnett.

Sydla

Reaction score
good list. i know they did not have Peppers in for a visit, did Humphrey come in.
I'm sure you've seen most mocks, they have most of those guys gone before 28, so we would have Jackson, Peppers, Awuzie from your list. Should be interesting night.

I think one or two of the DEs are definitely going to be there. If they aren't, then I suspect someone we didn't think of slipped......... maybe Corey Davis, etc.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

But the rumors seem to be trending towards us going DB at 28. Which would bug me if there were some of the DE guys on the board like Watt or even luckily, Barnett.

I want that DE at #28 but if we get washed out then a DB it shall be in all probability.

Gaede

Reaction score

DL is a stronger need for us and has worse depth in this draft. If we go CB over DL in rd 1, I'll likely be upset

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I think one or two of the DEs are definitely going to be there. If they aren't, then I suspect someone we didn't think of slipped......... maybe Corey Davis, etc.
Davis intrigues me. I would draft him, but I don't think they would.

Carson

Reaction score

IMO ... it'll be watered down at 28 for us. It'll like be down to Wilson, White and Jackson.

There will likely be a run on the defensive ends early on. Barnett, Watt, Harris will all go before we pick.

I'm hoping we can land the defensive end in first, because the depth at corner and safety seems to be deep.

Just my two cents

Carson

Reaction score
DL is a stronger need for us and has worse depth in this draft. If we go CB over DL in rd 1, I'll likely be upset

Question though... I do agree with you.

But what is more valuable ... Day 1 starter at corner ... or a depth guy at end? Some guys at end may take several seasons to develop where as somebody like Wilson could start day 1

Sydla

Reaction score

But what is more valuable ... Day 1 starter at corner ... or a depth guy at end? Some guys at end may take several seasons to develop where as somebody like Wilson could start day 1

One, I am not sure any CB we take at 28 is definitely a day 1 starter. I don't think Jackson is. Wilson is probably closer to being able to start though.

Two, I think there is still great value in a DE at 28 that can come in, even as a backup, and get after the QB.

Carson

Reaction score
One, I am not sure any CB we take at 28 is definitely a day 1 starter. I don't think Jackson is. Wilson is probably closer to being able to start though.

Two, I think there is still great value in a DE at 28 that can come in, even as a backup, and get after the QB.

I agree with you! Just asking ... getting antsy waiting for the draft!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Who's the "day 1 starter" at corner?

Gaede

Reaction score

Good point

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Jane Slater and a few others say we like Quincy Wilson, who would be disappointed at #28?

I like the player, but I would be a little disappointed. It would be like expecting Rocky Road and getting vanilla. And not even the fancy kind with the flakes in it.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Conley, Awuzie, and possibly Wilson are all day 1 starters on this team, IMO.
Pretty much any corner would be able to step in and least threaten to take the nickel role if not start.

That said, they should let the position come to them organically as it is the strength of this draft. They should not seek it out right away like it is some massive need.