CFZ How about a “little hustle” from this front office?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe this is a pass/fail season for Mike Mccarthy and Dak Prescott.
I think Jerry gave both of them all the tools they need to get to a Super Bowl.
I don't believe they are going to add any more pieces to the puzzle at this point. Because in their heart of hearts, they don't believe the 2 aforementioned characters can get us to a Super Bowl.
Yet they were stuck with them this year.
While I hope we do get at least to a championship game, either way, it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I don't believe they are going to add any more pieces to the puzzle at this point. Because in their heart of hearts, they don't believe the 2 aforementioned characters can get us to a Super Bowl.
While I hope we do get at least to a championship game, either way, it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
You would think if that is the case MM would go to Jerry and tell him what he needs. To fix the red zone specifically. And the run game.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You may be right about that. And it will be interesting how this plays out. But what frustrates me is this- until proven otherwise, this front office has not exhibited the skill and creativity to craft a complete roster that truly competes for a championship for nearly 3 decades now.

They aren’t the worst front office, but they are consistently lacking a roster that is capable of imposing its will during the playoffs past the wild card round. And that’s regardless of who the head coach is or who’s under center. Since our last divisional round playoff win 27 years ago, we’ve had 6 different HCs, 8 different OCs,and 8 different DCs. And the same GM.

I would love to believe this year is different. But the consistency of evidence over the last 27 years just leaves me with this feeling: I will believe it when it happens.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Stephen, on the radio, said he enjoyed some time away on the bye week, so that tells you all you need to know.
Yep, the Jones suck and the results of the last 27 years prove it.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You may be right about that. And it will be interesting how this plays out. But what frustrates me is this- until proven otherwise, this front office has not exhibited the skill and creativity to craft a complete roster that truly competes for a championship for nearly 3 decades now.

They aren’t the worst front office, but they are consistently lacking a roster that is capable of imposing its will during the playoffs past the wild card round. And that’s regardless of who the head coach is or who’s under center. Since our last divisional round playoff win 27 years ago, we’ve had 6 different HCs, 8 different OCs,and 8 different DCs. And the same GM.

I would love to believe this year is different. But the consistency of evidence over the last 27 years just leaves me with this feeling: I will believe it when it happens.
Yeah, and we aint getting any younger, LOL.

Bagman

Reaction score
I thought once this lunatic would get into his 80s he'd be really aggressive knowing his clock is running out.
The problem with the lunatic is his cheapskate son talks him down from the ledge and refuses to spend any time or energy on improving the team.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
The problem with the lunatic is his cheapskate son talks him down from the ledge and refuses to spend any time or energy on improving the team.
Bingo. The dopy son is a major problem. Gonna be lot worse when Jerry is gone.

plasticman

Reaction score
Mr Jones needs a refresher on just how significant the trade for Charles Haley was, & how it impacted the legacy of this team.

Would we have won 3 out of 4 SB's without that trade..? Fortunately, we'll never know the answer to that question. That trade, the moving up in drafts (Emmitt, etc..), were significant moments in Cowboys history. That aggressive style netted results. The conservative approach of late, has us in the same place for the last 27+ years & counting....
Was Haley that much of an impact, really?

During the four seasons of 1992-1995, when the Cowboys won three Super Bowls, they were 10-1 in the playoffs and the average margin of victory was 17.9 points. I really don't see any defensive player consistently having a playoff impact of two and a half TD's.

Was he an asset? Of course! However, he wasn't irreplaceable, the Cowboys were stacked on the D-line.

I want the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl just as bad as anybody else. However, I want them to stay up there for a while after they do. I'm always somewhat hesitant to trade away premium picks, their investment in the future, because I plan on watching them in the future.

I wouldn't go higher than a 4th round pick and a non-essential player.

75boyz

Reaction score
How many years has Jerry been in football? What does it take to be a football guy in your book?
Winning more than 5 playoff games in 28 years would be a start.
Contrary to your understanding of competitive football which I believe is an act or you are a Jones,
12 win regular seasons while losing at the divisional round level played itself out many many years ago.
It's not get in and see what happens.

It's knock the freakin door down and take the manhood of whoever challenges you.

The whole competitive, relevance, oh we're gonna be this, Jones like schtick is played out.
So spare us the BS already.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I thought once this lunatic would get into his 80s he'd be really aggressive knowing his clock is running out.
The Grim Reaper himself has been sitting Jerry's office with a big grin on his face, and yet this still does not light a fire under Jerry's butt. Let's me know he is satisfied with what he has accomplished.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yeah I think people think the Eagles just made these moves because they were just trying to improve their team no they were injury riddled their back end was falling apart they needed to make a desperation move and these moves were solid but these players are not like they just went out and got the top players and stole them away from another team with a couple of firsts.. These are solid players that they got for cheap players don't usually get released for that type of compensation if they still have a lot left in the tank...

I mean I still wanna know somebody post all the moves that these other 31 teams are making that the Cowboys are not and even the Eagles show me the big move that transcendent move that big time player that they went in and put up a first and a second round pick to steal away from a team? Yes A.J. Brown last year that was the type we're talking about the Cowboys did that in 2018 with amari Cooper that's nothing new they're saying Jerry Jones doesn't do that Jerry did the exact same thing and paid amari Cooper and eventually had to cut him over money and guess what who are they gonna choose when devante Smiths contract comes up are they gonna pay devonte Smith big money and ask A.J. Brown to take a pay cut or move on from brown or trade devante Smith I guarantee they're not keeping both at market money...

So again this year let's just stay in the now who has made big time trades that has improved their teams to where it's taken them from good to now Super Bowl favorites to win literally change the nature of their season show me all these moves matter of fact show me all the moves show me every trade that's been made in the last three or four weeks..

The narrative around here is they act like Jerry Jones is the only team that doesn't look for a deal or something that fits right or they don't do it and they act like every team in the league just goes for it and just throws all caution in the wind and takes high risk moves and gives up big draft capital show me?

As a matter of fact last year the Philadelphia Eagles probably made the most moves they got talked about here and they played in the Super bowl against a team that made the least amount of moves in free agency that went in with less names and more running back by committee they played as a team and that's the team that won the Super bowl not the team that made the most moves that what impressed fans??

Yes I would love Jerry Jones to be a little bit more aggressive at times but I think he's done this in the past the same thing the Eagles have done I can't keep saying it last year we brought in guys like Peters hankins Barr Ty Hilton I mean we made moves we brought what Xavier rhodes whatever his name was the cornerback why did Jerry make these moves because we had a need for it this year I don't believe right at this moment there's a reason to go do something crazy with our draft picks that don't fit here they don't fit the salary cap they're gonna cost us too much money and we don't really have that kind of room on our team we have almost a relatively healthy roster...

Yes I went on a rant but again I want somebody to show me all these moves the NFL's are making that Jerry is not big moves move the needle move show me???!!!

Yep, the Jones suck and the results of the last 27 years prove it.
Another insultive day brought to site by the grand number 27.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Grim Reaper himself has been sitting Jerry's office with a big grin on his face, and yet this still does not light a fire under Jerry's butt. Let's me know he is satisfied with what he has accomplished.
As if you have a clue on the end of world thief.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
How many years has Jerry been in football? What does it take to be a football guy in your book?
Actual talent is needed. Jerry had none when he appointed himself, and he still has none or we would have made at least a title game appearance the last 28 years (and even that bar is far too low for that amount of time).

And as I pointed out in another thread, no amount of years of being self-appointed and untouchable is going to suddenly bring talent to a person with no talent. That much as been proven far beyond a shadow of a doubt the last 28 years.

If Jerry had to actually worry about getting fired then he might have been motivated to get better at a job he was never qualified for in the first place. Being untouchable has allowed him to be lazy so he needs no talent for the job, nor does he have to get better to stay employed.

Quite frankly, I don't see how anyone can defend this or even play devil's advocate for anything other than contrarian lols purposes.

rambo2

Reaction score
Actual talent is needed. Jerry had none when he appointed himself, and he still has none or we would have made at least a title game appearance the last 28 years (and even that bar is far too low for that amount of time).

And as I pointed out in another thread, no amount of years of being self-appointed and untouchable is going to suddenly bring talent to a person with no talent. That much as been proven far beyond a shadow of a doubt the last 28 years.

If Jerry had to actually worry about getting fired then he might have been motivated to get better at a job he was never qualified for in the first place. Being untouchable has allowed him to be lazy so he needs no talent for the job, nor does he have to get better to stay employed.

Quite frankly, I don't see how anyone can defend this or even play devil's advocate for anything other than contrarian lols purposes.
What if Dez catch was rulled good?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Was Haley that much of an impact, really?

During the four seasons of 1992-1995, when the Cowboys won three Super Bowls, they were 10-1 in the playoffs and the average margin of victory was 17.9 points. I really don't see any defensive player consistently having a playoff impact of two and a half TD's.

Was he an asset? Of course! However, he wasn't irreplaceable, the Cowboys were stacked on the D-line.

I want the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl just as bad as anybody else. However, I want them to stay up there for a while after they do. I'm always somewhat hesitant to trade away premium picks, their investment in the future, because I plan on watching them in the future.

I wouldn't go higher than a 4th round pick and a non-essential player.
Many on site don't have a clue or even care what it takes to manage and control momentums and leadership of rosters...only hero worship and excuse insults.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Another insultive day brought to site by the grand number 27.
I'm really not sure what you meant by that but I can tell you this how about 3 Lombardi trophies in 33 years... That's perspective keep it in perspective we literally have three lombardis in 33 years that's pretty damn good cause the Eagles only have one in 60 years that's more than a lot of teams but yet wait wait for it Cowboys have 5 total waiting on six and we're still in 3rd place tied with somebody for third place in all time Super Bowl wins so drought or no drought #33 baby 333

that's about one every 10 years if you wanna split it up that way I know it doesn't feel that way but I'm telling you right now that's the way some of us look at it we want one but I'm tired of hearing about 27 so I'm gonna talk about 33 three Super Bowls in 33 years is pretty damn good regardless if they all happened 27 years ago I don't care he's got credit that's how you build credit why do you think the stadiums are full because he has a high wind percentage as well we're relative the league keeps putting us in prime time we still get some of the best ratings there are on the Internet somehow our own fan base doesn't somehow see it that way

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm really not sure what you meant by that but I can tell you this how about 3 Lombardi trophies in 33 years... That's perspective keep it in perspective we literally have three lombardis in 33 years that's pretty damn good cause the Eagles only have one in 60 years that's more than a lot of teams but yet wait wait for it Cowboys have 5 total waiting on six and we're still in 3rd place tied with somebody for third place in all time Super Bowl wins so drought or no drought #33 baby 333

that's about one every 10 years if you wanna split it up that way I know it doesn't feel that way but I'm telling you right now that's the way some of us look at it we want one but I'm tired of hearing about 27 so I'm gonna talk about 33 three Super Bowls in 33 years is pretty damn good regardless if they all happened 27 years ago I don't care he's got credit that's how you build credit why do you think the stadiums are full because he has a high wind percentage as well we're relative the league keeps putting us in prime time we still get some of the best ratings there are on the Internet somehow our own fan base doesn't somehow see it that way
I was talking about a discussive futility for other posters to use the static number of 27 for any discussion about today's game. It was not directed at yourself. It was a discussive support. You discuss quite well and are always appreciated as to view. Thanks.

Good direction in player acquisition has been strongly established in the past ten years.

My current window of association is not on that. That view is support of validity of support now.

I use 3 years due to accomplishments and being a valid of a window of observation with the arrival of McCarthy.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I was talking about a discussive futility for other posters to use the static number of 27 for any discussion about today's game. It was not directed at yourself. It was a discussive support. You discuss quite well and are always appreciated as to view. Thanks.

Good direction in player acquisition has been strongly established in the past ten years.

My current window of association is not on that. That view is support of validity of support now.

I use 3 years due to accomplishments and being a valid of a window of observation with the arrival of McCarthy.
100 bro same here...:welcome::cool::thumbup: