CFZ How about a “little hustle” from this front office?

32BellyOption

Reaction score
The arrogance of the Jones boys is what has killed this franchise. They think they’re smarter than all the other owners and front offices. They think their roster is the tits and they don’t have any urgent needs. And even in February when they’re sitting on their yacht watching the eagles play in another SB, they’ll think their genius was undone by poor coaching or under performing stars. Because in their minds, they’re infallible and have already outsmarted the rest of the league in compiling the best roster in all the land. And at the end of the day, they’ll bask in their riches, snubbing their nose at the mere mention that their team wasn’t as talented as others. For they are the Jones boys, emperors of the NFL. Long live the kings and suffer on you peasants.

CCBoy

Reaction score
There is no move(s) the Cowboys could make that would make their roster better than SF or PHIL.

At this point it's wait until the off season and try again. Because they aren't getting past both those teams in January.
Landry did just that on the basis of execution. Not most talented in the league alone. That is upon leadership and their effectiveness...not just a Jerry's stupid consideration. Potential is fully there, yea, for this team. Yea, for this set of coaches. You are also here implying the staff in your final analysis isn't able to do just that.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
As the trade deadline nears for this 4-2 team, It’s time to for this front office to prove it is serious about winning NOW…this year.

Sure Jerry and the FO rightly deserve some credit for the off-season moves this year of acquiring Stephon Gilmore and Brandin Cooks. I appreciated the effort to make this team better. There’s enough talent here to make some noise this year with some more tweaking. Why wouldn't you as a FO push more chips into the center of the table?

But as the trade deadline looms and Jerry and Stephen apparently are content to stand pat with a 4-2 team that has some obvious flaws, he also deserves criticism for his on-going practice of worrying more about the future “relevance” and cap issues than he’s worried about winning NOW. Meanwhile the GMs across the league who are held accountable for results NOW are running circles around the Jones cartel in efforts to get better.

Not all moves work, but we’ve seen this team tread water around making the playoffs but fail to have the moxy to move on past a wild card round win. Why wouldn’t we take some chances to try and get better? Why do we continue to hear this stuff about the future cap space? Or “relevance”? What could be more relevant than more playoff wins this year?

I would appreciate some hustle from this FO even if it failed. At least that’s better than listening to “Giggles” Jones lecture us again about cap limits while the better GMs who are accountable for results to keep their jobs say “hold my beer” and make moves.

Hey front office- how about a little hustle?
I agree with you if they can get another CB or OL, but all the talk about Derrick Henry? I disagree with giving up anything more than a late pick for him. Does anyone think we are a RB away from this year’s SB? Not counting any compensatory picks, we already own only 1,2,3,4,7 round picks for 2024. Henry would be only a 2023 rental. Surely no one wants to give another veteran RB contract going into the future. Save that 2nd or 3rd round pick for our next starting CB.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The arrogance of the Jones boys is what has killed this franchise. They think they’re smarter than all the other owners and front offices. They think their roster is the tits and they don’t have any urgent needs. And even in February when they’re sitting on their yacht watching the eagles play in another SB, they’ll think their genius was undone by poor coaching or under performing stars. Because in their minds, they’re infallible and have already outsmarted the rest of the league in compiling the best roster in all the land. And at the end of the day, they’ll bask in their riches, snubbing their nose at the mere mention that their team wasn’t as talented as others. For they are the Jones boys, emperors of the NFL. Long live the kings and suffer on you peasants.
No, not at all the evaluation of all, plus not a complete listing of what is involved.

The grand total of that above as an evaluation, is instead a collection of contempt that is self directed for your own convenience. It's not really about the team or those directly involved.

That is merely a convenient whipping boy approach that you find invigorating and you direct at other posters trying to give dignity and respect for what is accomplished.

Sounds similar to typed protests in the US going on right now...not based upon common grounds.

Rational? No, attempting to get back at someone else and on a Cowboy board. Have a beef, take it directly to Jerry then. Not at other fans!!!

32BellyOption

Reaction score
at all the evaluation of all, plus not a complete listing of what is involved.

The grand total of that above as an evaluation, is instead a collection of contempt that is self directed for your own convenience. It's not really about the team or those directly involved.

That is merely a convenient whipping boy approach that you find invigorating and you direct at other posters trying to give dignity and respect for what is accomplished.

Sounds similar to typed protests in the US going on right now...not based upon common grounds.

Rational? No, attempting to get back at someone else and on a Cowboy board. Have a beef, take it directly to Jerry then. Not at other fans!!!
IMG-1814.gif

rambo2

Reaction score
Killed the franchise? They won 25 games the last 2 years and are contending this year.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
As the trade deadline nears for this 4-2 team, It’s time to for this front office to prove it is serious about winning NOW…this year.

Sure Jerry and the FO rightly deserve some credit for the off-season moves this year of acquiring Stephon Gilmore and Brandin Cooks. I appreciated the effort to make this team better. There’s enough talent here to make some noise this year with some more tweaking. Why wouldn't you as a FO push more chips into the center of the table?

But as the trade deadline looms and Jerry and Stephen apparently are content to stand pat with a 4-2 team that has some obvious flaws, he also deserves criticism for his on-going practice of worrying more about the future “relevance” and cap issues than he’s worried about winning NOW. Meanwhile the GMs across the league who are held accountable for results NOW are running circles around the Jones cartel in efforts to get better.

Not all moves work, but we’ve seen this team tread water around making the playoffs but fail to have the moxy to move on past a wild card round win. Why wouldn’t we take some chances to try and get better? Why do we continue to hear this stuff about the future cap space? Or “relevance”? What could be more relevant than more playoff wins this year?

I would appreciate some hustle from this FO even if it failed. At least that’s better than listening to “Giggles” Jones lecture us again about cap limits while the better GMs who are accountable for results to keep their jobs say “hold my beer” and make moves.

Hey front office- how about a little hustle?
The front office is led by a 85+ year old… nothing is changing.

CCBoy

Reaction score
So you figured out the math!
First year math course was advanced Calculus at the Air Force Academy...not at all.

27 is a new math form for those who really can't count that high and wish to look impressive.

For those, just hire a tutor.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
First year math course was advanced Calculus at the Air Force Academy...not at all.

27 is a new math form for those who really can't count that high and wish to look impressive.

For those, just hire a tutor.
Yeah a tutor would be great. They would help me figure things out, right.

Lots of folks could use a tutor. You ever have a tutor?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yeah a tutor would be great. They would help me figure things out, right.

Lots of folks could use a tutor. You ever have a tutor?
:laugh: While at the Academy, I was falling behind (not undertstanding) Advanced Calculus. I had to miss a short week practice on a BYU away game for a tutoring session after class day. I got it and understood the function before walking out. I made the second highest score in the Wing on that final exam.

Yes!

The Cowboys finished a semester and now need to graduate and then deploy...win the final battle.

Superbowl or failure!!!

My lesson from being tutored: no matter if a 'big deal' or not...there is no right way to do the wrong thing!

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The front office is led by a 85+ year old… nothing is changing.
There is something about reaching a particular age. And then someone else comes along and tacks on more years than you actually have, lol.