How bad can a QB be

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Romo never had a defense like the one Dak has currently. Romo made receivers look fabulous like Robinson, Crayton, and Austin.

Dallas would be at least 11-2 or better with Romo.

If Dak was Dallas' QB from 2010-2013, the Cowboys would have been no better than 4-12.

Dallas needs to find another quarterback.
Dan Marino didn’t either. He never had a running game. He made receivers like Clayton and Duper look great. Dallas would have won 3-4 Super Bowls from 2006-2018 if they had a QB as good as Marino. Or even Mahommes. The team wasn’t as bad as people think, it just wasn’t good enough to win with the QB we had. A better QB could have won with it those teams.

So we needed a stronger team to carry our QB or a stronger QB to carry the team. Unfortunate for us, we had neither and Jerry went all in on Romo. Let’s hope he doesn’t do the same for Dak.

pansophy

Reaction score
Ugly game for him. But we left with a W and that's all that matters. He does need to improve his ball security and accuracy on certain throws but for now, I'm happy we beat the Eagles.
Dak pulled it together, which is one of his better qualities. I'm okay that Dak is continuing to improve, and personally I'm seeing that even before Amari came.

I'm just tired of threads trying to claim Dak is a top passer because he isn't even close. Nobody gets to throw against 8-men in the box more than Dak -- If he is the top passer many claim he should throw for 400 every week and defenses would have to be more selective about when they stack the box. That's not happening yet so that tells you what defense coordinators think of what drives this team.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Romo never had a defense like the one Dak has currently. Romo made receivers look fabulous like Robinson, Crayton, and Austin.

Dallas would be at least 11-2 or better with Romo.

If Dak was Dallas' QB from 2010-2013, the Cowboys would have been no better than 4-12.

Dallas needs to find another quarterback.

More moronic posts about the myth that is Romo. When in reality, he was a stat padder who didn't know how to win. Romo started for almost 10 years and never even got close to a Super Bowl. But of course, he comes the hypotheticals placing Romo in a Super Bowl with other teams. Romo played with some very good teams who had the ability to win it all. 2007, 2008 and 2014 being the main 3. Choked in the playoffs in 2 of them and choked big time in December in 2008. 44-6 being the icing on the cake. Quit hyping that dude up to be something he isn't. You make yourself look foolish.

Dak easily has more upside than Romo ever did.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
He outplayed Wentz this week and Brees last week.....not enough for some.

You need to see how their agenda is evolving. First, it was he is not throwing for enough yards. Now that he has bypassed those criticisms, they are moving towards Dak is not beating teams by a big enough margin. It's ridiculous. They are never going to stop. Their agenda is front and center for everyone to see. They want to see him fail so they can rush here and tell everyone how smart they were for doubting him. Well since he has never failed at any point here, now they are scrambling for whatever. And you get pathetic threads like this after our 5th win in a row and he throws 3 go ahead TDs in the final quarter and leads a 8+min drive in OT to win the game. It would be better if they packed up and went to another team. It has gone beyond criticism.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Dak pulled it together, which is one of his better qualities. I'm okay that Dak is continuing to improve, and personally I'm seeing that even before Amari came.

I'm just tired of threads trying to claim Dak is a top passer because he isn't even close. Nobody gets to throw against 8-men in the box more than Dak -- If he is the top passer many claim he should throw for 400 every week and defenses would have to be more selective about when they stack the box. That's not happening yet so that tells you what defense coordinators think of what drives this team.

Agreed Dak is not the best passer , granted it is improving slowly and at some point when he and Gallup get on the same page this offense may really be a force to contend with .

But for the moment Daks passing is a work in progress and Gallup is a rookie . The chemistry between Dak and Cooper shows me a bit more time is needed to get that chemistry with Gallup but its going to happen .
We also are in need of a real TE it would do the same for that area that Cooper did for the WR position .

In the mean time till we get the parts and put in the time to build the chemistry that is taking longer than most fans have patients to wait Dak is using EVERYTHING in his SKILL SET to WIN games . Its not always pretty its unconventional and against everything the NFL is trying to promote at this time . BUT ITS WORKING so im going to embrace it enjoy it and support the guy that's orchestrating it .
You are right D coordinators know what Dak is and they try there best to manipulate him into positions that show his faults but they did the same with Tony . They knew he liked to pass and they used it to there advantage on occasion because he was predictable in that way .

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

lol.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Interesting point.

Kinda like sinning your entire life and at the last moment asking the for forgiveness
It worked for Philip Rivers last night. He threw 2 INTs including a truly bad pass in the EZ and should have had a 3rd pick on another really bad pass, that luckily was broken up by the WR. During the GWD, there was 23 seconds on the clock and Rivers literally wasted 11 of those seconds, before calling a TO, arguing with the refs on the no call on the helmet to helmet hit. They started the next play with only 12 seconds. He made those mistakes not only against a "playoff caliber" team, but a division rival and #1 seed in the AFC. They won the game on a very risky call.

I was on a couple Chargers forums earlier and there weren't people complaining about those mistakes that could have cost them the game. The first INT lead to KC's first TD, the INT he threw in the EZ took points off the board, if not a TD at least a FG. The almost 3rd pick went directly into the hands of the DB, but he got bailed out by the WR making a great play and knocking the ball loose. He wasted half the time they had left, arguing a call, he could have least called the TO first. Instead, he and the team pushed past the mistakes and won the game.

Their fans weren't complaining about how he almost cost them the game, or tallying how many points he cost the team and left on the field, or how you can't do that in the playoffs and be expected to win, or how they should have won by more, or how many times they have been picked to win the division but didn't, or how many really bad mistakes he's had in his career that cost them games, or that he's never won a Superbowl even when having teams that were good enough. There wasn't anyone bringing up that he once spiked the ball on 4th down at the end of a game that they lost. The fans were all happy about the win, no comments much less half the comments, after the game weren't bashing him for almost costing them the game.

Last edited:

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Ya you only like threads that praise inept Dak....move on now as this is a free Country and forum....;)

Dak won Player of the Week. And yet here you are in this thread like all the other morons driving home some idiotic point that makes sense.

Inept? That's hilarious. I can't wait for more Dak wins so you mouth breathers can keep grasping at straws.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Whats your point ?

What's your point with this thread? To show how low your football IQ is? Go away. Any proof you mouth breathers have put in front of you, y'all counter with useless rebuttal. Get your next thread fired up for this week's game.

Blackrain

Reaction score
It worked for Philip Rivers last night. He threw 2 INTs including a truly bad pass in the EZ and should have had a 3rd pick on another really bad pass, that luckily was broken up by the WR. During the GWD, there was 23 seconds on the clock and Rivers literally wasted 11 of those seconds, before calling a TO, arguing with the refs on the no call on the helmet to helmet hit. They started the next play with only 12 seconds. He made those mistakes not only against a "playoff caliber" team, but a division rival and #1 seed in the AFC. They won the game on a very risky call.

I was on a couple Chargers forums earlier and there weren't people complaining about those mistakes that could have cost them the game. The first INT lead to KC's first TD, the INT he threw in the EZ took points off the board, if not a TD at least a FG. The almost 3rd pick went directly into the hands of the DB, but he got bailed out by the WR making a great play and knocking the ball loose. He wasted half the time they had left, arguing a call, he could have least called the TO first. Instead, he and the team pushed past the mistakes and won the game.

Their fans weren't complaining about how he almost cost them the game, or tallying how many points he cost the team and left on the field, or how you can't do that in the playoffs and be expected to win, or how they should have won by more, or how many times they have been picked to win the division but didn't, or how many really bad mistakes he's had in his career that cost them games, or that he's never won a Superbowl even when having teams that were good enough. There wasn't anyone bringing up that he once spiked the ball on 4th down at the end of a game that they lost. The fans were all happy about the win, no comments much less half the comments, after the game weren't bashing him for almost costing them the game.

Very little logic in the land of the Butt Hurt Romos . Nothing Dak dose will ever be good enough because in there mind he took Romos Job and chance for a SB so the hate will go on for a long time and make this forum the Dak hate forum not a Cowboys fan forum.

These idiots feel some moral victory in bashing Dak like its going bring Romo back . The more he wins the madder they get . Very sad group of fake fans

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

One thing Dak haters have done is redefine what we can blame on QBs. With Romo people complained about ill-advised turnovers in critical moments of the game. Now Romo can be blamed for every turnover regardless of when it occurred or even if we won because the game was harder to win than it should have been.

We can take away great catches by Dez on contested balls.

We can take away his Watt spin move highlight reel play because the only reason it was complete is the defender fell down.

We can take away short throws and long TD passes that were primarily YAC.

We can dismiss passer rating (which some used to claim Romo was elite) because it is a flawed stat now Dak has a high passer rating.

The list of games Romo is now directly responsible for losing has increased significantly when he is blamed for the same things Dak is blamed for. Of course, the hypocrisy will only increase with the Dak haters but it is fun exposing it.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
One thing Dak haters have done is redefine what we can blame on QBs. With Romo people complained about ill-advised turnovers in critical moments of the game. Now Romo can be blamed for every turnover regardless of when it occurred or even if we won because the game was harder to win than it should have been.

We can take away great catches by Dez on contested balls.

We can take away his Watt spin move highlight reel play because the only reason it was complete is the defender fell down.

We can take away short throws and long TD passes that were primarily YAC.

We can dismiss passer rating (which some used to claim Romo was elite) because it is a flawed stat now Dak has a high passer rating.

The list of games Romo is now directly responsible for losing has increased significantly when he is blamed for the same things Dak is blamed for. Of course, the hypocrisy will only increase with the Dak haters but it is fun exposing it.

I was on the record that Romo should have been starting when he was healthy. I understand why it didn't happen, but didn't agree with it. To Dak's credit, he played well and it wasn't his fault we lost in the playoffs. It would have been nice to see Romo with a more complete team, but don't blame Dak, blame Jerry for all the time it took to finally get his act together and assembling one. Tony's body was breaking down and honestly, he wasn't going to survive many more hits.

I don't know if it's because of Romo, I'm sure it is for a few. Some of the Romo comparison's are out of convenience or they are now appreciating him now that he's gone. Some are just always going to complain regardless and probably were complaining when Romo wore a cap backwards or playing golf in the offseason. We have the most criticized QBs in the league and not just from the outside, but by our own fans. I'm sure many of the same ones bashing Dak were bashing Romo just as hard. Romo could throw us back in a game, but he could also throw us right out of a game too. Romo had some good teams around him and we still underachieved. I get the complaining when we lose or when Dak does something to help us lose, it's the complaining when he does well. I've just never seen a fan base complain so much during a 5 game win streak. People are even complaining about things that even haven't happened yet or didn't happen at all. They say things like well if their defense did this or that we would have lost, but they didn't and we won.

glimmerman

Reaction score
There are always missed opportunities for both teams in games. I am sure the egirls are complaining how there qb missed opportunities. We won the game.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very little logic in the land of the Butt Hurt Romos . Nothing Dak dose will ever be good enough because in there mind he took Romos Job and chance for a SB so the hate will go on for a long time and make this forum the Dak hate forum not a Cowboys fan forum.

These idiots feel some moral victory in bashing Dak like its going bring Romo back . The more he wins the madder they get . Very sad group of fake fans

You require medical attention asap.....jeez how much is Dak paying you to support his inept play here????