How bad can a QB be

Gaede

Reaction score
If you're a pocket passer the injury he had wouldn't affect him. But Wentz was a big, strong, mobile QB. He'll never be the same, that was a serious injury and I kept trying to tell everyone just how serious that injury was
The stuff Wentz struggles with now is the same stuff Wentz struggled with in college.

ccb04

Reaction score
The bad: 3 turnovers and especially the first missed throw to Gallup...definitely had some erratic throws.

The good: 42 completions on 55 attempts...3 TD's in the 4th quarter & overtime in a tight divisional game with Philly gaining momentum.

landryscorner

Reaction score
The bad: 3 turnovers and especially the first missed throw to Gallup...definitely had some erratic throws.

The good: 42 completions on 55 attempts...3 TD's in the 4th quarter & overtime in a tight divisional game with Philly gaining momentum.
High attempt numbers is nothing to brag about in the NFL.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
This is a great thread!

giphy.gif

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Unbelievable. A QB throws for 455 yards, in OT chewed up more than 8 of the 10 minutes and never let the eagles even touch the ball and yet the Prescott haters just want to whine about Prescott. I remember a game where Romo threw FIVE picks and the Cowboys still won. Then as now there are people that just can't say they're happy for the win and just want to whine instead. Here's the funny thing, not ha ha funny, all the whining that you do WILL NOT change a thing with the Cowboys and what they do long term with Prescott.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Great effort from D? The defense gave up 23.......not terrible and probably around their average.....and it took some great plays from the Eagles to get it close but this was a collective win. I don't know what to tell you uys.
The defense played well until the Refs decided it was illegal for Gregory to touch the Quarterback.

ultron

Reaction score
I have a weird feeling that everything is going to click when we get in the playoffs. Dak plays well when the lights are the brightest. Remember that 2016 playoff game - the packers were up like 17-0 and Dak brought us back and tied it up. He'll be fine.

kevm3

Reaction score
Pump the Dak brakes. We were playing vs 3rd string corners. HE still threw 2 Interceptions. I'm happy we won, and I'm happy he connected, but lets be honest.. He's been off on his throws.

I'd love to know what qb is regularly tossing for over 400 yards and a 75% completion rate.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Reference my post above about watching the rest of the NFL. Every week I read stuff like “shoulda run away with it” or “shoulda won by 2 TDS”...

Do they put asterisks in the win/ loss columns to denote winning by 2 TD's? I almost feel better when they win the close games showing that they can do that. Look at what happened to the saints last week. They were going along winning by 2 - 4 TD's and then got into a close tight game against the Cowboys and couldn't pull it out. I'd rather know that the Cowboys can pull those tight games out and not fall into the same trap the saints found themselves in.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak likes his football warm, no blowouts. Nice and nerve wracking. Linehan and Garrett are teaching him how to win the blue collar way.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
When you win like that it takes the entire team to win and some lucky bounces. Good QBs put that game away early.

So why haven't Brady, Rodgers and Brees ever had undefeated seasons all the way through the Super Bowl? They're really good QB's and they still lose games, sometimes to teams they should beat 9 out 10 times. The last time I check football IS A TEAM SPORT. There's never been a Super Bowl winning team that didn't have talent to go along with those good QB's. To think is all or just the QB is a simpleton's expectation.