How bad can a QB be

Legendz82

Reaction score
Maybe its still in his head. But he sure doesnt look like the old wentz.

Really seems like he doesn’t step into a lot of throws this year. He has a rocket arm so he can do that and still have zip on the ball but I think that is the reason he has been awful at times with ball placement. I really don’t think he trusts the leg yet. Hopefully he will at some point but he hasn’t been close to the qb he was last year. He is also late on a lot of throws too so it maybe a head thing. As a eagles fan I am concerned for sure.

movaughn88

Reaction score
He had 2 dimes today that resulted in TD’s. Aside from that, Dak had probably his worst game of the season in a really important game, given the circumstances. Just horribly inaccurate all game long and once again did not secure the ball when getting sacked (O-Line struggled too, I know). Weird to say about a guy who just threw for 455 yards on 42/54 passing, but it’s true. Those mistakes are too costly in games like this.

We should’ve beat this banged-up eagles team handily today. We’re much better than them. He single-handedly kept them in the game with all his turnovers. It’s a problem. This good Dak, bad Dak game is not gonna cut it. It will cost us eventually (obviously).

This is the reasonable and right take. We should have destroyed them. Dak was mostly bad, and redeemed himself somewhat. He almost lost the game by himslef.

We forget though - I remember that I used to argue with my friend that could Romo EVER have 4 (or 3 if you get the top seed) games where he didn't blow himself up? Rational or not, I feel more confident in Dak raising his game in the playoffs. Feel like an idiot for saying it, but beer.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
He didnt win us this game. He nearly lost it.

What do i want ? An avarage qb should suffice.
Suggest one that can come in this week and start helping us next week. I bet you can't and you just like being miserable and can't enjoy a win. If you're gonna complain about the QB, come with some valid suggestions as well.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That kind of performance on a regular basis gives you more losses than wins.

Calling him a "baller" and excusing the miscues he made earlier that required the plays made "when it counted and when it mattered" is an issue.

There was no reason Dallas should have had to go to OT to put the Eagles away.

Had Prescott not made three turnovers, the game would have been much different.
You again? You don't get tired of complaining after a win?

TheGoat73

Reaction score
.... 3 tds over 200 yds by our wr.

100 yds rushing by our rb.

Great defensive effort.

Still this guy knows how to take it to overtime.

I am so fed up.

Career passer rating 95.8 and 62 TD to 24 Int. He has a 66% career completion percentage. Career 219 YPG.

When he runs, he averages 5.2 yards per carry and has 17 career rushing TD (in less than 3 seasons).

Career Win/Loss is 29-15. Has 12 game winning drives in 44 games.

The guy has some serious issues. He isn't very accurate. He needs to improve on deep balls. He fumbles a LOT. He has 25 fumbles in his career. He has 12 fumbles this year (averaging almost 1 per game and losing half of those). He takes far too many sacks. He has 45 through 13 games. AND his sack numbers are getting worse, not better.

Dak is a pretty decent QB for a third year player. It took Brady a full 4 seasons to have 12 game winning drives. His completion percentage is better than Brady's first three years. So is his TD/INT ratio. QB rating is better than Brady's first three years.

I am NOT saying he is the next Tom Brady. But, he is a young QB who has performed very well, especially for a 4th round pick. Now, he has a consistent #1 WR. I think Dak deserves a bit longer before we call for his replacement. I've watched the Dallas Cowboys go hunting for a starting QB...there were some really ugly years between Aikman and Romo.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So if Dak scored touchdowns fast....then it would be his fault for having the defense on the field too much?
No, but when he turns it over giving the eagles the ball on the short side of the 50... yeah, thats on the offense putting the defense in a horrible spot... and they bailed us out a couple times. If we must have the defense allow less than 17 every game... we are done.

shabazz

Reaction score
This joker at the Qb position has been a waste of the last 3 years. He is the weakest link and will severely limit the potential of this young up coming team. This should have been a blowout but his ineptitude kept it close

The defense and Cooper won this game as usual. The dink and Dunkster is a flat out turnover machine that no defensive coordinator is afraid of.

lk8701

Reaction score
So because he throws a fumble or pick that means the defense gets the pass to allow 9 points? Huh?

Well the INT for sure. I directly led to a 2 yard TD pass. I won't blame the defense for giving up 2 yards. It's pretty much a pick 6.

cowfan

Reaction score
Wow, did the Cowboys lose? Dak threw for 455 yards, but for some people it's his worst game of the season. He missed a few passes to Gallop that should have been touchdowns, but I believe he and Gallop have to work on their timing. Dak threw some bad passes, but he also made some great throws. How about actually pulling for the guy to succeed.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Every quarterback does. He outplayed Wentz. And Goff hasn’t been too good tonight either. No quarterback is perfect or even close to perfect.

Goff only has 6 points, it's the Bears Defense sure. But, still has to do better than that, especially when his D got an INT, just for him to give it right back to the Bears. And the Rams D is doing the same that the Cowboys D does for Dak at times, tonight they're keeping this game within reach for the Rams. Even though the Rams have struggled on offense tonight.