How big is Vikings game?

glimmerman

Reaction score
It’s amazing how the emotions of this loss has changed the overall narrative of this team .

At 6-2 we still had aspirations of winning the division and top seed with by most accounts looking at no worse than a 13-4 or 12-5 record cruising to a 4th or 5th seed .

Now with this loss there’s a crack in the dam . The bleeding has begun. All of a sudden in this crucial 3 game stretch heading into Thanksgiving this game with Vikes becomes huge .

We need a win over a team that became a legit contender Sunday knocking off the Bills at Buffalo. The Vikes all but have the North locked up with a 5 game lead over Packers. A game they can afford to lose .

This is as close to a must win game for us to regain our swagger we had at 6-2 bringing more confidence home for a big Turkey Day matchup with NY.

A loss to Minn and the wheels begun to come off falling to 6-4 with the threat of falling to 6-5 in a short week . Amazing how fast things can turn on such a hopeful looking season at 6-2.
At this point I would like to just make the playoffs. We should have won this game. Our Defense was supposed to be our strong point. They dropped the ball. We got a gift with the egirls dropping one..

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It’s amazing how the emotions of this loss has changed the overall narrative of this team .

At 6-2 we still had aspirations of winning the division and top seed with by most accounts looking at no worse than a 13-4 or 12-5 record cruising to a 4th or 5th seed .

Now with this loss there’s a crack in the dam . The bleeding has begun. All of a sudden in this crucial 3 game stretch heading into Thanksgiving this game with Vikes becomes huge .

We need a win over a team that became a legit contender Sunday knocking off the Bills at Buffalo. The Vikes all but have the North locked up with a 5 game lead over Packers. A game they can afford to lose .

This is as close to a must win game for us to regain our swagger we had at 6-2 bringing more confidence home for a big Turkey Day matchup with NY.

A loss to Minn and the wheels begun to come off falling to 6-4 with the threat of falling to 6-5 in a short week . Amazing how fast things can turn on such a hopeful looking season at 6-2.
It was more on how we lost and who we lost to.
When you lose games that you are supposed to win it is never a good sign.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
There is a real chance we have 5 losses after the next two games. Both Giants and Vikings have RBs that can tear up our defense and eat up the clock.

This could quickly go from "We're a shoe in for the playoffs" to "We're battling it out with 5-6 other teams for that third playoff spot".

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Vikings have shown to be a tough team to beat and the C'boys are coming off a tough loss. It'll be an interesting game to see. :flagwave:

Bing

Reaction score
Any given Sunday but I expect a loss because first I have no doubt we are going to be out coached. I really like Coach O'Connell. He did a great job as the OC for the Rams. They won a superbowl last year with him, without him look where the Rams are this year, something like 3-6. As the new head coach of the Vikings he has them believing they can win.

So I expect the Vikings to be fired up at home and take an early lead which as normal will put Moore into his throw every down response instead of trying to use a ball control type of game plan. We all know what happens when we put the game in Daks hand and ask him to throw 40 plus times a game. We will see alot of 3 and out from our Offense which will put our Defense on the field allot which will tire them out and it's all down hill from there.

Last edited:

rambo2

Reaction score

Oh it's a real big game. It will be interesting and exciting to see how the team reacts after the tough loss to the packers. I think that you will find out in the end that the Cowboys will be a legit contender too.

plasticman

Reaction score
Well, the Cowboys are practically cemented into a wildcard entry but that doesn't even change much. With the new format only the top seed gets a playoff bye anyway.

All things considering, this would mean the game is more important to the Vikings.

Parademon

Reaction score
People should have learned by now that free agency and the salary cap have permanently removed any "great" teams from the league. These days even the best teams have a fatal flaw (sometimes more than one) which will be their undoing if they get matched up against the wrong team. That's how the NFL likes it. Any team can beat any other team. Philly and Giants have gotten EXTREMELY lucky to build up their records.. Especially the Giants.. Not that they aren't good.. but they have been gifted at least two of their wins.. I think one was on either a missed extra point or chipshot FG. If you have watched their games not against the Cowboys you can see it. Same with Eagles.. I never bought into the 17-0 hype. They're not that good. Yes they are good.. just not undefeated season good.

We were down 13-0 at the half to Tenn in their house and outscored them 21-7 in the 2nd half. We missed an XP on our 1st TD and DJ threw an awful pick from the Tenn 10 yd line in which Daboll chewed him out for. So we actually hurt ourselves and kept them in the game. And 47yd FGs are not a gimme. Other than that game, none of our wins have been " gifted" to us.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After that drawn out energy soaking win they had vs the Bills, hopefully they won't be prepared for us and might be flat.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The Vikings game is huge because it’s the NEXT game. Is it a must win? No. We are 6-3 with 8 games remaining. I seriously doubt that we will see a huge turn around on offense or defense. But it is important for the Cowboys to take a step forward and show some improvement in run defense. Holding Minnesota to 100 or 125 rushing would be a good start. The Vikings have much better weapons than GB, so I’m not convinced that they will run the ball with the conviction that GB did. I’m guessing they will mix it up but take more shots in the passing game. They will hope to get a lead that will take us out of any desired commitment to the run and have us passing twice as much as running.

glimmerman

Reaction score
What worries me is they are 8-1. When we are faced with a team we really want to beat or a good team we forget the formula and try to push the ball down field to early. The first Rush pick against the egirls looked like the first Dak pick against the packers.

If we go in against vikings the same way as last week we will lose. Run the ball and establish it. Throw short passes and move the chains. Set up play action later. I suspect our Defense will be looking better. We looked flat. No effort.

LittleD

Reaction score
Cowboys are a mess and their psyche is shot now. Vikings will kick us in the teeth and then proceed to lay waste to Dak. I see another humiliation coming before the Giants kick our butts on Thanksgiving.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
This week will prove that this is basically a fraud team that would be 1-8 if Micah Parsons hadn’t played out of his mind. If I am proven wrong I’ll be happy for the team and shocked but I doubt it . A pedestrian QB that is a stat compiler in easy games that can’t win a game the back up couldn’t win and an absolute trash head coach and OC that virtually gives us no chance.
The real humiliation will be the following Thursday when Giants embarrass the Cowboys on Thanksgiving.
At 6-5 reality will start setting in here.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
A lot can happen. The scenarios are numerous. You never know what the season holds for us or other teams.

I do know that Philly lost and the Commanders are now 5-5 (I think). Nobody is out of this nfce race. I bet the Philly fans were puking while leaving the stadium.

Wonder if their fans are saying the season is over. Everybody sucks on this Philly team, etc.

Like Rocky's corner man said, "He's not a machine, he's a man. You hurt him"!!!!!! :laugh:
Ha ha, if you listened to talk radio in Philly this morning, you'd think they were 1-8 instead of 8-1.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It was more on how we lost and who we lost to.
When you lose games that you are supposed to win it is never a good sign.
Sure, but upsets happen in the NFL.

It’s not like losing to a HOF QB and perineal playoff team who we’ve struggled beating is shameful especially when they were at home with their backs against the wall attempting to save their season.

I would have felt much worse like going to Houston or Jax to lose. Packers could actually still be a playoff team. They are only 1 game back now from 7th seed.

Ken

Reaction score
It is actually a big game, unlike the Packers game.

We will win this game and I think going away.