How big of game is this for Riverboat Mike

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He's in the same boat as Parcells was, the expectations are higher because of their credentials. HC's like that are expected to overcome obstacles and deliver. Parcells caught some slack because they loved his press conferences.

The team is 1-1. Hell, the other guy could deliver 8-8's like clockwork and throw some clapping in as a bonus.

McC was hired to make this team better and take it further and anything less than that is unacceptable. No excuses allowed. The decision making has been questionable and shouldn't be with a coach at his experience level.
Yep

So far it looks much the same to me. Maybe a little worse with all of the bad decisions on 4th down.

This would be a great game to illustrate what a more experienced HC can bring.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Yep

So far it looks much the same to me. Maybe a little worse with all of the bad decisions on 4th down.

This would be a great game to illustrate what a more experienced HC can bring.

we need the win.

a 1-2 start kills our season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No green koolaid for me.

Need to see wins.

We are a fluke onside kick away from 0-2 and out of the playoffs early.
Yep

The epic collapse by Falcons provided a huge life line. We could have looked this bad with any HC.

I thought this was going to elevate this team to a championship level. This would be a good week to start.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
we need the win.

a 1-2 start kills our season.
I’m not sure it kills the season. Not like 0-3 could have.

Our division is so bad 1-2 prob be in 1st place.

But we don’t look like the contender many touted we would be with a more proven HC.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hint for those that need it, they all start with G.
My opponents want to use that to discredit me cause they don’t like my message. It’s about holding this HC accountable which you have accurately described today in several post. So well in fact they spurred the thought for this thread.

Thankfully beyond much of the crap we have to wade thru in these forums there’s excellent perspectives and insights like yours, and so well written and entertaining .

Unfortunately I spend too much of my time taking on these Opponents because well, as you have described , it’s just my nature not to walk away from the confrontation as much as I attempt to rise above it.

These type threads today are my way of lashing back without getting personal with them.

Last edited:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I’d like to play down the importance of this game in the overall aspect of the season. But I just read a great post in another thread which sparked this thought.

Isn’t this this the type of game we expect this new coaching hire to make a difference?

We brought in a proven HC to lead us over the hump. When does the hump begin? And when do we begin pressing for better results?

1-2 teams rarely make the postseason.

25 percent make it.

So we have to win.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Trivia time folks!

What team currently has the lowest scoring offense in the entire league?

Which team is dead last in rushing?

Bonus question:

Who is the offensive coordinator of that pathetic offense?

The NY Giants?
NY Giants
Jason Garrett

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Why anyone would start a thread by saying to downplay a NFC conference game is beyond me. This is a huge game. And it could very well make a difference later in the season.

HungryLion

Reaction score
If we lose, 1-2 teams have a 25 percent chance of making the playoffs.

True. The nfc East is awful though.

If the cowboys lose they are likely still tied for the division lead. Unless the skins manage to beat the browns.

That being said. All games are important.

Praxit

Reaction score
..barely game #3. I dont think will get a clearer picture till about 5-6 game. Sure would be nice to stack some wins though.

HungryLion

Reaction score
So the cowboys won the falcons game thanks to an onside kick recovery.

An onside kick that was recovered because the special teams coach that McCarthy hired, prepared and practiced A brand new style kick, with the kicker prior to using it in the game.

Meanwhile last year, Jason Garrett had a scout working as his special teams coordinator. And we had the worst special teams in the league.

So even though McCarthy gets some criticism for seemingly poor decisions in the game. His coaching hire had a major impact on the win too.

Last edited:

bewp7

Reaction score
cant clinch any thing with a win or a loss so 1/16