How can professional coaches not see Jarwin has to be on the field more?

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
still-a-better-coach-than-jason-garrett-aplete-https-t-co-uzssuihewe-40135945.png
:laugh::laugh: We need a water boy at linebacker

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Because nobody in this coaching staff has guts to make a move. Who has the backbone to tell Witten or zeke to go sit on the bench? My guess is nobody.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Why not incorporate more 2 TE sets where they are both used as receivers? Like NE did with Gronk and Hernandez. Like the e-girls are doing currently with Goedert and Ertz...

Witten still moves the chains reliably so I don't have a problem with him being in the game. Critics have been trying to retire him for years but the truth is that he gets the job done.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Jarwin has made the most of his opportunities. However, I don't think that his production would take a significant uptick if he had more snaps. Blake goes mostly unguarded which would not be the case if his role was increased. I do think that he would have a few monster games if he were the starter. I am an emotional rollercoaster with this. Good Grief.

Ok, I am all for him getting the #1TE role.
Go Dallas!!!
He would beat just about anyone 1v1 in coverage.
Faster than LBs and too big for CB/ Saftey

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s not about snap counts folks, it’s about targets. He may not be ideal as an every down TE, but they can get the ball to him a couple more times per game.

conner01

Reaction score
Yeah but they're not special talents like Pollard and Jarwin.
How did all these NFL teams miss on jarwin
I think fans see a guy make some plays and think he’s all of a sudden a super star
Even comparing him to Ertz

Verdict

Reaction score
Who cares? I keep hearing this crap over and over again. If he sucks at blocking, don't give him blocking assignments.

Witten couldn’t block someone in a wheel chair, so that’s not a valid excuse for playing him over Jarwin.

blueblood70

Reaction score
this is as ridiculous as the rest of the Jarwin should be starting posts ..look last season No witten, Jarwin has ONE GOOD game and a bunch of wheres Jarwin? he had the opportunity right then and there ALL year to succeed and he put up below avg numbers sans the giants game. until he shows the coaches, not us, that hes the starter and gets most of the snaps, ill trust them to use him like a solid role player..

Now maybe next year he shows the coaches he completing all of his assignments ie blocking , running correct routes, and whats ever else his actual roles are, then he will get a shot to be the #1.. we dont know what hes actually doing except breaking a few nice routes on the plays hes getting the ball..

theres only o many balls to go around and right now Amari, Cobb, and Gallup are getting more of them so the TEs are getting whats left over..

sunalsorises

Reaction score
The real question is how can professional coaches not see that Jason Witten should be playing defense as well?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
The Cult of Mediocrity is deep, it cares not about what is best or whats needed. Sustain the base, all else is waste.

jrumann59

Reaction score
We dont use our talent like we should and thats on coaching

theres no reason Tavon shouldn’t get 1 deep pass a game

theres no reason Jarwin shouldn’t see more action

pollard should be used 12-15 times a game split it between pass and rush attempts

we have 16-0 talent but use them in a 2-14 fasion

Tavon is not an outside receiver hell he is not a WR by trade he is converted running back and small guy. speed does not make you a deep threat the ability to play a ball does, Tavon has limited ball skills.

Jarwin is OK he is somewhere between Swaim and Bennett. I agree pollard should be used more who comes off the field, Zeke, Cooper, Gallup, Cobb, a TE

John813

Reaction score
Just an observation, and some weeks it may be not the same, but it seems they like the 3 WR sets a lot.

Say Cobb only lines up in the slot, he gets 70-85% of the snaps per game.

You know the coaches love Witten, so it's just a numbers game unfortunately.

They trust Witten more, for better or worse.