How can this offense be fixed before our playoff game?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I watched the Steelers/ Saints game after our game was over. Man, after watching Brees and Ben throw those dimes it really shows how far Dak has to evolve. My son was watching with me and he stated that Dak can make those throws. I said yeah but not consistently, just every once in a while. When the playoffs start they better come out loose and play like they did against the Saints. Just let it all hang out and go for broke. Get Cooper and Zeke going. I think that Defense is going to be fired up...............
I was watching that game and thinking the same. Just watch how Ben and brees move all over to avoid the rush and then throw perfectpasses all game.the entire time I was like...... damn, i wish our qb could do that.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Two major factors:

1. Linehan is garbage.
2. Dak is steaming pile of poo

For the life of me, I can't understand how the fans still support him. I feel like the Cowboys win is spite of him. All those that say he is a "winner" and gets the job done...how can they ignore his lack of presence and pitiful accuracy. The guy is trash.

It the exact same in politics. Doesn’t matter how bad dak is, they were against the other guy, so they must support this guy. I ama COWBOYS FAN, not a player fan. When it was time for emmitt to go, I wa sock with that, same with every other cowboy player. Because I do not like dak, I’m not a hater, I just have zero faith he can eve put a team on his back like the other top qbs must do from time to time.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
How can you fix something that's not broke? This how this team is designed to win, this is who they are. A methodical O that occasionally scores and a dominant D that keeps the other team from scoring more than our low scoring offense. It is what it is. Garrett not worried about being high powered, just get the job done. :rolleyes:
So you think teams design offenses to only score on occasion? Bahahahahahahahahahah

tunahelper

Reaction score
I don’t think we can Willie.
We have to hope the defense and Zeke can carry us.

Stranger things have happened in the NFL....

If Austin comes back I would like to see a few more shots downfield. Even if we force the issue we should have single coverage opportunities with Austin or Cooper. Interceptions are a risk, especially in the playoffs, but it may back the safeties up. Lastly, the offense seemingly always has to finish 10+ play drives and the red zone offense is challenged. We need more big play attempts to mix with our ball control focus.

AlienBoy

Reaction score
So you think teams design offenses to only score on occasion? Bahahahahahahahahahah
There are different philosophies. With, this coaching staff? Yes. It's designed to grind it out, dink and dunk, with an occasional deep throw. Guess you haven't been paying attention to Garrett and Linehan.
:lmao2:

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
As people have written in the 5 pages of other threads, if it’s not fixed by now it’s not going to be fixed.

But I’ll add that we’ve seen glimpses of this offense. When Dak takes shots downfield, when he gets the ball in Coop’s hands, teams back off Zeke and they score points.

And the offensive line has to protect better, but that’s not changing before the playoffs.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
A little uptempo and letting the qb move and throw once in awhile would be nice.

johnboy94

Reaction score
If Austin comes back I would like to see a few more shots downfield. Even if we force the issue we should have single coverage opportunities with Austin or Cooper. Interceptions are a risk, especially in the playoffs, but it may back the safeties up. Lastly, the offense seemingly always has to finish 10+ play drives and the red zone offense is challenged. We need more big play attempts to mix with our ball control focus.
I always liked the 3rd and long jump ball 50/50 ball. If it is intercepted it's close to anpunt anyways.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Quit forcing Dak into being a pure pocket passer, get rid of Carrot, Stop Route Scotty and the student manager turned QB coach.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So we did it. We made the playoffs. Congrats to our Boys.

I think this defense is legit. The bend don't break philosophy irritates me sometimes, but we have a defense that will allow us to compete with the best teams in the playoffs.

Now the offense, thats a whole other story. What can we do to fix this offense, to avoid being 1 and done again?
Do we think they haven't been trying to fix it? They will face better teams in the playoffs and this inept, mistake prone offense is their Achilles Tendon. This offense has to have everything fall into line to even have a chance.

GMO415

Reaction score
So we did it. We made the playoffs. Congrats to our Boys.

I think this defense is legit. The bend don't break philosophy irritates me sometimes, but we have a defense that will allow us to compete with the best teams in the playoffs.

Now the offense, thats a whole other story. What can we do to fix this offense, to avoid being 1 and done again?
giphy.gif

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
I watched the Steelers/ Saints game after our game was over. Man, after watching Brees and Ben throw those dimes it really shows how far Dak has to evolve. My son was watching with me and he stated that Dak can make those throws. I said yeah but not consistently, just every once in a while. When the playoffs start they better come out loose and play like they did against the Saints. Just let it all hang out and go for broke. Get Cooper and Zeke going. I think that Defense is going to be fired up...............

Why not? There is no tomorrow in playoffs football.

shabazz

Reaction score
It the exact same in politics. Doesn’t matter how bad dak is, they were against the other guy, so they must support this guy. I ama COWBOYS FAN, not a player fan. When it was time for emmitt to go, I wa sock with that, same with every other cowboy player. Because I do not like dak, I’m not a hater, I just have zero faith he can eve put a team on his back like the other top qbs must do from time to time.

Good point. All this dramatic, 16 year old girl language, can all go away so easily if Dakota simply plays worthy of all accolades being helped upon him by the Never-Romo crowd

Shut peoples criticism up by simply putting up. By consistently making he throws and being a real threat offensively.

If some of y’all don’t know what that looks like, rewatch the Chiefs-Seahawks game. Those are 2 QBs that deserve the ridiculous praise being heaped on Lord Prescott

Otto65

Reaction score
More play action passes. Dak needs to change the cadence more. Long snap counts, short snap counts, keep the dline off balance. More throws of 30 yards or more downfield even if they are not completed passes. Fire Linehan and Moore.

Nexx

Reaction score
Dakazoid would say, nothing needs to be fixed besides, needing hall of fame coaching staff, need a all pro TE, need home run hitter at RB and draft two more all pro lineman. obviously these things are holding Dak back.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Dak'a inaccuracies and poor pocket awareness has become tiresome. If he wasn't so likable, I would be done with him by now. I just hope the growing pains end soon and he improves at his position.