How Dak Stacks up

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The defense gave up 19 and 23 points to the 49ers the two prior years, and Dak gifted the Packers early multiple times this year.

Dak is THE problem.
boomshakalaka.gif

Chasing6

Reaction score
The game was over after the coin toss and our defense took the field.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I think Romo is too and he choked a lot. Ware and Witten too and they also did nothing while here in the post season.
I like Romo but sadly I wouldn't call him one of the all time greats. There have been too many great quarterbacks that got it done. Standard for Quarterbacks also seems a bit higher than Tightend and Defensive End. Witten and Ware are more likely to get into the HOF versus Dak or Romo.

erod

Reaction score
The only respectable performance by the defense in any of our playoff losses was to SF in 2022. In the loss to SF in 2021 our defense was road graded for 169 yards on the ground. The 49ers controlled the ball for 34 minutes and our defense didn’t sack Jimmy G once. As for GB they scored on their first possession before we ever saw the damn ball. They could have scored 60 if they wanted to. Dak isn’t the problem, it’s our defense that never shows up in the playoffs. Not about to waste all day arguing about Dak. No QB is going to win CRAP with this team.
Good quarterbacks score what's needed for a given game. Dak's worth about 10-17 points a game in the playoffs.

No defense can overcome his severe limitations.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Romo is too and he choked a lot. Ware and Witten too and they also did nothing while here in the post season.
What playoff games did romo choke?

You can also list the multitude of regular season games. Dont give me this crap sbout doing my research. You make the claim so give us the list.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Good quarterbacks score what's needed for a given game. Dak's worth about 10-17 points a game in the playoffs.

No defense can overcome his severe limitations.
No QB can overcome our garbage playoff defenses that look as uninspired as a corpse. It’s LAUGHABLE that anyone would defend our defense.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Mod Edit:

I got this from X

Where Dak ranks among all time Quarterbacks:

Pass completion percentage: 4th

Adjusted Net Yards per pass attempt: 7th

Pass interception percentage: 9th

Passer rating: 5th

Touchdown/Interception ratio: 6th

Fun fact: in 3 of Dak’s playoff losses the defense allowed 30+ points.

Other Quarterbacks playoff records when their defense allows 30+

Tom Brady: 2-3
Aaron Rodgers: 1-5
Drew Brees: 0-3
Joe Montana: 0-3
Brett Farve: 0-7
Peyton Manning: 2-4
John Elway: 0-6
Ben Roethlisberger: 0-6

“But playoffs” is a stupid argument when analyzing a quarterback’s skill set

How Dak ranks up against oncoming defenses in January:

28481189-ae92-47bb-afd6-216124ec43b7_750x422.jpg

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Our defense has been the number one problem in the playoffs. We’re going to have a deep playoff run until we build a championship caliber defense that shows up in the playoffs. You’re not going to win in the playoffs if you can’t stop the run and consistently lose the battle in the trenches, regardless who your QB is.
This.

Until we build the 85 Bears Defense, that can defend a short field after Dak throws 3 first half INTs and sets the other team up at our 25 yard line 3 times in first 15 minutes, we stand no chance of winning.

That's the only way to Dak-Proof this team.

Also, we need better tackling WIDE RECEIVERS, that can turn those Pick 6's Dak dishes out like Halloween Candy into mere interceptions, which our 85 Bears Defense can limit to Field Goals.

WE ARE EXPECTING TOO MUCH OF DAK!!!!