How do the Jets compare to the Giants?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Thank you, ole wise one.

Tell me Mister Owl. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop?

:)

Your answer is disqualified if you say three.

:grin:
They last longer if you suck on them.

Need any other words of wisdom? How's this - don't eat yellow snow.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
They last longer if you suck on them.
72so.gif

kevm3

Reaction score
This game will really show us the makeup of the cowboys and whether 'this year is different'.

Historically, this is the kinid of game we usually lose.

1) Aaron Rodgers. He just has our number. For whatever reason, the Cowboys have the most problems stopping him.

2) After massive victories, we usually come out flat for the next game. Think of how we came out against San Fran after beating Tampa Bay.

3) Dak has a tough time putting up points against the best defenses, which any QB will have that problem since that's what makes them a great defense. The real issue is can our D get to Aaron Rodgers and batter him like Jones. On paper, they might have a weaker O-line, but games never seem to play out in real life how they do on paper.

I think our game against the Jets will be a real litmus test of who we are this season. How will we respond after a major, dominant victory? Will we come out complacent and flat as we usually do after a major win, or will we string together two definitive victories?

Flamma

Reaction score
Obviously, the Jets have a better QB than the Giants. Beyond that, I don't have much insight into our next opponent.

So, in what ways do you expect the Jets to be better/worse than the Giants?
I pay them no mind. But from everything I've heard, they're going to show up with a better defense. It's good that we got the Giants in week 1. That's about it.

I also can't imagine their OLine playing worse.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Rodgers can't run like Danny Dimes, he will be a sitting duck. The Jets Oline is horrible and if we take away his short routes we will punish him.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jets are better, easily. Defense is better, WR is better, QB is better, and while RB‘s not as good as NYG, it’s still good. When Breece is 100%, I think they are better even at that position. We will 100% not roll over the Jets like we did the Giants and AR has always given us fits. Daniel Jones give us fits? NOT.

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
It's really hard to say Rodgers has never played with this group before and they have a brand new play caller. I like getting them in week 2 esp on short rest.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The Jets have a better secondary than the Giants by far. In fact, their defense overall is much better.

The Jets OL is suspect, maybe even more than the Giants.
The Jets have better receivers than the Giants.
The Jets are better coached than the Giants. I don't think they will make the mistakes the Giants made.
Aaron Rodgers seems to find a way to beat the Cowboys no matter what players he plays with.
The Giants have the reigning CotY and the Jets have finished in the bottom of their division in Saleh's previous two years.

How do you figure they are better coached?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Jets have issues at OT, G, and have a mediocre C. The Giants do not have the same level of OL issues for all the beatdown we just gave them. Cook is good but he is a downgrade to Barkley. Their WR corps is pretty shallow with a stud but the Giants are nothing to write home about at all. Waller vs Conklin are both okay players. Rodgers is lightyears ahead of Jones.

I think the Giants have a better DL if not by much and their LB are a wash. The Jets are light years ahead of the two rookie corners NYG started. Both teams have a talented S and a spare.

Rodgers makes up for a lot but I do not think the Jets talent wise are significantly better if at all elsewhere.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
And you think no one might have an opinion on the subject?
Sense opinions are opinions and they can't help you prepare for a real game against a real team it's a moot point..you want to argue that>? How does someone here opinion amount to anything for scouting a team seriously no one seen this team play this year.. You know all those opinions how all 75% of the media pundits and fans picked the Cowboys to lose to the resurgent giants that's what opinions are that's what opinions get you it gets you nothing but egg on your face for making wild guesses about what you might see when you finally meet...

But now what we saw last night was a team with a great run game with a great elite defense very good special teams great coaching and who cares that Aaron Rodgers gone this is gonna be one of the toughest games we have all year because we're gonna have to fight for every yard and have our office be very very patient and by the way our Achilles heel on defense is still the run game we saw it against the giants in the first drive you won a scouting report I watched the game last night we better not go in there with a big head from our 40 nothing win because this is a different New York team that's coming here to Texas.. You know what travels well strong run games strong defense strong special teams and good coaching that's gonna keep his team grounded..

Now you happy we got the scatter report even without Aaron Rodgers this team is dangerous.... They play right into our weaknesses we are not good on defense against a team that's willing to run the ball all night and a team that suffocates you on all three levels of defense and plays solid special teams and coaching that keeps their team grounded...

you happy now that you waited until after you saw them play?? now we have real data..

Scotman

Reaction score
Sense opinions are opinions and they can't help you prepare for a real game against a real team it's a moot point..you want to argue that>? How does someone here opinion amount to anything for scouting a team seriously no one seen this team play this year.. You know all those opinions how all 75% of the media pundits and fans picked the Cowboys to lose to the resurgent giants that's what opinions are that's what opinions get you it gets you nothing but egg on your face for making wild guesses about what you might see when you finally meet...

But now what we saw last night was a team with a great run game with a great elite defense very good special teams great coaching and who cares that Aaron Rodgers gone this is gonna be one of the toughest games we have all year because we're gonna have to fight for every yard and have our office be very very patient and by the way our Achilles heel on defense is still the run game we saw it against the giants in the first drive you won a scouting report I watched the game last night we better not go in there with a big head from our 40 nothing win because this is a different New York team that's coming here to Texas.. You know what travels well strong run games strong defense strong special teams and good coaching that's gonna keep his team grounded..

Now you happy we got the scatter report even without Aaron Rodgers this team is dangerous.... They play right into our weaknesses we are not good on defense against a team that's willing to run the ball all night and a team that suffocates you on all three levels of defense and plays solid special teams and coaching that keeps their team grounded...

you happy now that you waited until after you saw them play?? now we have real data..
I was happier with all the people who actually gave their opinions that your ridiculous attitude towards a rather simple question. I don't get the attitude. It was a simple request for opinions. The responses gave me some insight in to what to watch for during the game. This whole site is primarily people discussing their opinions.

And no, I have no desire to argue with you. But, unless the mods tell me otherwise, I don't have to wait until you think it's the right time to ask a question.

This is such a silly attack. Where did this even come from?

quickccc

Reaction score
A bit, yea. The way the Giants were moving the ball was unsustainable for sure, but taking a lead there would have changed the whole complexion of the game.

I do think the Giants are that bad though. Their skill position players are awful.
When did Barkley and Waller become awful ?
:huh: