How do you like Dak now?

Flamma

Reaction score
I have no problem with people pumping the brakes here until we play out the next 4 games. But I'm getting the feeling that people are holding Dak to a higher standard. I know Dak is passing well and the team is beating up on poor teams. Are there many QBs doing that? If our D showed up on Thursday, we would have blown out Seattle too. I'm just sayin', I don't know what more you could ask from a QB up until this point in time.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I have no problem with people pumping the brakes here until we play out the next 4 games. But I'm getting the feeling that people are holding Dak to a higher standard. I know Dak is passing well and the team is beating up on poor teams. Are there many QBs doing that? If our D showed up on Thursday, we would have blown out Seattle too. I'm just sayin', I don't know what more you could ask from a QB up until this point in time.
The guy has gone back to his roots focusing on using his legs when necessary and protecting the ball .

he is taking what the defense is giving him now rather than trying to force things.

all of this should benefit us in the playoffs provided the rest of the team steps up and does their job.

the defense in this last game did not do their job or anything close to it.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Still hasn't beat a SF or a Philly team...he needs a signature win
The problem is we are still several highly talented players short of matching up with elite teams, particularly on defense and the offensive line.

Jipper

Reaction score
The problem is we are still several highly talented players short of matching up with elite teams, particularly on defense and the offensive line.
Yes this has been true, but I will say there is some hope and optimism after this last stretch....they lose next Sunday and it will be thr same story though

Praxit

Reaction score
After a very hard fought win.
How does everybody feel about DAk has the quarterback of our Dallas Cowboys at this point in the season
..for the most part. I've been on Dak train, since he took over for Romo.

Earlier, this year, when the O was struggling. That I began to feel some doubts.

But he got himself together. Dak is our bus driver to the homeland.

Creeper

Reaction score
Have we not known Dak has the ability to play like this already? We saw him look like an MVP early in 2019 when Dallas opened up 3-0 scoring 32 points per game and giving up 17.

But in the past Dak seems to fade as the season progressed. I think the word we used was "regressing" when describing Dak.

This year it looks different. Dak seems to be playing with more confidence and freely, using his legs when he should and moving outside before throwing when he should. But I think all of us want to see him finish the season playing as he is now. If not, all the questions about Dak are going to return.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He going to judged on his post season performance. He looks great so far getting us there but we’ve this before.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Come from behind win against a team with at the time had a winning record. Our Defense tried to give it away making geno look like brady..

eromeopolk

Reaction score
After a very hard fought win.
How does everybody feel about DAk has the quarterback of our Dallas Cowboys at this point in the season
The same way I felt about Romo. Its how you finish is what makes a Dallas Cowboys QB Legend.Even Danny White went to 3 back to back NFC Championship title games (which since no other Cowboys QB has done not named Aikman). Meredith and Morton went to NFL Title and a Super Bowl game.

But, Staubach and Aikman are legends because it is how they finished....Champions.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We’re 9-3. He’s having a signature season….again.

I forget why I ignore some people, then I look at their comments periodically and I remember.
Jipper isn't ignore worthy. He's not always negative, and when he is, he usually has a valid point, even if you or I don't necessarily agree with it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I feel the same about the guy. I dont care about him personally, i dont like or hate him.Heck i dont know the guy personally and i will never know him. So i dont waste my time with feelings about him. But as a player he is what he is: a bad NFL QB.

Yesterday he had a hard time to stay toe to toe with a medicore 11th year mercenary QB who was able to pick apart the statistically 2nd best defense in the league. Dak on the other side played against a medicore defense.

He battled i give him that. But for every bad player who is battling i give you a thousand non talented others who would battle too. So what?!
So you're judging his play by how badly Geno Smith picked apart our defense?

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
Until he does it in the post season it means little. That said I think this is the year he finally gets over the hump.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Jipper isn't ignore worthy. He's not always negative, and when he is, he usually has a valid point, even if you or I don't necessarily agree with it.
No idea why he got the button from me and I’m slow to hit it, but it’s usually because of some some sort of over-negativity or extreme naïveté. I don’t take notes, but whatever it was, I don’t undo them.

Jipper

Reaction score
Omg! How many times do you mow your lawn a day? I doubt you are ever satisfied
Wow, so you mean to say that it's unreasonable for a fan of a team that hasn't been past the divisional round in almost 30 years to say that before he's going to get excited about a current team that he wants to see them beat someone of note?

Some of you guys really are unrealistic, many many of us have seen this same story and had our hearts broken so many times- we have earned the right to be skeptical.

You are either in your early 20s or just recently became a fan - otherwise your POV is unnatural.

All I'm stating is let's beat a very good team before we get hyped....all we have done to date is lose to SF and PH and beat up on medicore teams...