How do you like Dak now?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
So you're judging his play by how badly Geno Smith picked apart our defense?
Wow that question is surprising.

Of course i do.

Everybody does. Players get judged relatively by (mainstream) experts. Absolute judging is very hard and only few are able to.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wow that question is surprising.

Of course i do.

Everybody does. Players get judged relatively by (mainstream) experts. Absolute judging is very hard and only few are able to.
I'm confused how you can compare one QB's play against an opposing defense to another QB's play against a different defense, especially when one QB has the benefit of his receiver scoring on a 2nd year DB, who blew his assignments.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I'm confused how you can compare one QB's play against an opposing defense to another QB's play against a different defense, especially when one QB has the benefit of his receiver scoring on a 2nd year DB, who blew his assignments.
I am confused. How do you judge QB play ?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am confused. How do you judge QB play ?
I judge QB play by how well they play within their own team, not by whether their team won easily over another team whose QB who had receivers with better match-ups.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
After a very hard fought win.
How does everybody feel about DAk has the quarterback of our Dallas Cowboys at this point in the season
I like him before, I don’t listen to stupid media just trying to make a name for themselves

Jipper

Reaction score
And when he does you’ll say ,”yea but can he beat the other”…it never ends
Nope I won't say that, I'll say I'm glad he did it and got over the hump.

It's ok to criticize the player and recognize he has failed in nearly every big spot he has been in.

Ask yourself what signature wins dak has? I'm talking about games where he made the difference against good to great competition and it led to a win. The only 2 I can think of are his playoff wins against Seattle with that big run and then potentially the game against TB last year- although TB was a mediocre team.

I want dak to succeed but until he does something we have rarely seen him do then I am going to be skeptical

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I judge QB play by how well they play within their own team, not by whether their team won easily over another team whose QB who had receivers with better match-ups.
Yeah ok. But my question was HOW do you judge them ?

How well or how bad are just empty words. You need to quantify them. How do you do that ?

You say you dont campare them with other QBs. OK then, so you cant use stats etc.. because everything is only relative to other QBs.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah ok. But my question was HOW do you judge them ?

How well or how bad are just empty words. You need to quantify them. How do you do that ?

You say you dont campare them with other QBs. OK then, so you cant use stats etc.. because everything is only relative to other QBs.
It's not that simple. Of course stats play a roll, but just as so many people like to say Dak doesn't play well against good defenses, our defense made Smith look better than he is. He's a decent QB, but he had a huge advantage with his receivers going up against the likes of Bland and company.

BTW, Dak has a pretty good game himself.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
It's not that simple. Of course stats play a roll, but just as so many people like to say Dak doesn't play well against good defenses, our defense made Smith look better than he is. He's a decent QB, but he had a huge advantage with his receivers going up against the likes of Bland and company.
Of course its not that simple. Thats what i posted already.

Now tell me how do you judge the QB if not by comparing to other QBs ? You cant use stats. Thats what you already stated.

Geno Smith is a medicore QB. Who looked good in that game. I just wonder how people hyped Bland the whole year. I posted that Bland is a system CB and nowhere as good as Diggs. I got blasted for that. But now when a medicore QB torches our defense suddenly Bland is the reason for that. Its funny how people twist their arguments just to have their beloved QB look good again.

Geno was so succesful because we couldnt stop their running game up the middle. Its like Nate Newton said a few weeks ago: He is waiting for that one team which is stubborn enough to run against us up the middle for 60 minutes. You all saw what happend.

Dak is a bad NFL QB. He is that now for 8 years. Geno Smiths good play in one game has nothing to do with my judgement of the QB play. Those people who change their minds about Dak every week in @Reality 's polls are just casual fanboys.

Still you cant really judge a player absolutely. You have to compare him to others.
An easy example: A NFL QB throws for 6000 yds in a season. Show that to an alien from outer space without any kind of context and ask him is that good or bad. What do you think will he answer ? Yes, he will tell you "how should i know, give me a comparison".
But if you tell him well to throw for 5000 yds in a season is very hard and not often to be found then he will tell you 6000yds is very good.

So comparing Dak to Geno is not only applicable it is a must! And dak played against a medicore defense where Geno under constant preassure played against the 2nd best. And Geno went toe to toe with Dak. Which wasnt to be expected because Geno is not that much better than Dak.

Last edited:

kumizi

Reaction score
My opinion of him won’t change positively or negatively until he beats the Eagles or 49ers in the playoffs. Always thought he’s a top 7-9 QB. He needs playoff success to move higher in my rankings.

coult44

Reaction score
Nope I won't say that, I'll say I'm glad he did it and got over the hump.

It's ok to criticize the player and recognize he has failed in nearly every big spot he has been in.

Ask yourself what signature wins dak has? I'm talking about games where he made the difference against good to great competition and it led to a win. The only 2 I can think of are his playoff wins against Seattle with that big run and then potentially the game against TB last year- although TB was a mediocre team.

I want dak to succeed but until he does something we have rarely seen him do then I am going to be skeptical
Are you skeptical of Micah? Wait what about Zach Martin. Both these guys haven’t had their best games vs the same opponents. But it doesn’t fit your agenda so you give them a pass.

Jipper

Reaction score
Are you skeptical of Micah? Wait what about Zach Martin. Both these guys haven’t had their best games vs the same opponents. But it doesn’t fit your agenda so you give them a pass.
I have no agenda, in fact I was a big supporter and defender of dak for many years - after the loss this year to him I am now only a supporter and do not defend him.

My point is the same that some of you refuse to acknowledge- many of us are sick and tired of dak simply being very good against medicore teams but failing in the big spots against good teams.

Until he does that ( and can certainly do it next week against the eagles) then my view remains the same.

You can your agenda comment and get lost