How do you like your steaks?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No food is worth 35-50 dollars IMO (for one person/serving). If steak cost that here (it does some fancier places), I would never eat steak. The only time I've really been willing to spend over $20 was a few times where I got a 20 oz. at Texas Roadhouse.

May I suggest Sizzler? :D
ScreenShot2013-09-27at7.59.28PM_crop_650.png

reddyuta

Reaction score
Medium Rare and as simple as possible key of course is to get a really good steak(that means go to a butcher and avoid Super market steaks )bring it to room temperature,season it and fry it on a really hot cast iron pan .

Route 66

Reaction score
For a cheap way to go on steak, I'll go buy two large flat iron steaks for $6 a piece and have a huge $12 steak. Medium rare with salt and pepper only. Life is good. :)

Route 66

Reaction score
I recently went to Texas Roadhouse and put in a To Go order for a 38 ounce Prime Rib slab o' goodness...some fat, but still good.

http://i1197.***BLOCKED***/albums/aa428/Redeemed67/20130630_214023_zpsn0miig9i.jpg

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Med-rare bone-in rib eye and at least 1 1/2" thick.

I also love a prime aged fillet. Stuffed w/ a lump crab meat mixture I do, and topped w/ a fresh Bearnaise sauce.

Also...A-1 Sauce is great! Only, I use it in a sauteed mushrooms, onions ,blue cheese ragu I make to top xtra thick chopped ground round steaks. Cooked med-rare of course.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Med-rare bone-in rib eye and at least 1 1/2" thick.

I also love a prime aged fillet. Stuffed w/ a lump crab meat mixture I do, and topped w/ a fresh Bearnaise sauce.

Also...A-1 Sauce is great! Only, I use it in a sauteed mushrooms, onions ,blue cheese ragu I make to top xtra thick chopped ground round steaks. Cooked med-rare of course.

I like A1 as well. I once in a blue moon will put it on a steak just because I really like the taste of A1. Hell, I occasionally dip pieces of bread in A1 and make a snack just out of that. It's tasty.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
No food is worth 35-50 dollars IMO (for one person/serving). If steak cost that here (it does some fancier places), I would never eat steak. The only time I've really been willing to spend over $20 was a few times where I got a 20 oz. at Texas Roadhouse.

I don't think most of us regular folk make a habit of $35-50 meals, but I think it's worth it on occasion.

AzCowboysFan

Reaction score
Bone in rib eye, medium, salt and pepper, sometimes topped w/ a garlic herb butter.

Best steak I ever had was at Peter Luger's in Brooklyn, NY. Pricey! Our party of four had two porterhouses, sides and a couple beers...$350 w/ tip!!!

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Bone in rib eye, medium, salt and pepper, sometimes topped w/ a garlic herb butter.

Best steak I ever had was at Peter Luger's in Brooklyn, NY. Pricey! Our party of four had two porterhouses, sides and a couple beers...$350 w/ tip!!!

Yeah, Luger's is a classic but it sure ain't cheap. Next time you're in NY (assuming you're in Arizona), I recommend "Quality Italian" in Midtown. All their food is great, but I had the Tomahawk Ribeye there and it was one of the best things I've ever eaten.

AzCowboysFan

Reaction score
Nice! Yeah I'm in Arizona. I'll keep that in mind if I ever make it back. Thanks!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I like A1 as well. I once in a blue moon will put it on a steak just because I really like the taste of A1. Hell, I occasionally dip pieces of bread in A1 and make a snack just out of that. It's tasty.

i've just put bbq sauce on bread before and loved it.

rynochop

Reaction score
I don't think most of us regular folk make a habit of $35-50 meals, but I think it's worth it on occasion.

I ate at Fogo de Chao in Dallas, nite before a cowboy Game actually, 50 bucks, one of those Brazilian bbq deals, I didn't regret it. A meat buffet at your table. Lamb, beef, was non stop

KingLerxst

Reaction score
Rib Eye. USDA Prime,or Certified Angus if I can get it, from the local butcher. Prefer no marinade. Just some Olive oil,salt about an hour or two before grilling to keep in the juices. Left out to room temperature,then pepper right before going on the grill to give it that tasty crust. Reverse seared by Grilling over indirect heat lid closed to about 120 degrees and seared over direct high heat.lid open,flipping often for a couple of minutes to 130. Let rest for 5 minutes or so to get to 135. Tastes so good no sauce is necessary. Though I still like Heinz 57 on the side for some reason.
Invest in a meat thermometer. If you're going to grill a steak,get it right!

Sometimes I marinade in soy sauce,worchestershire and Cavenders greek seasoning for a different yet also tasty steak.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rib Eye. USDA Prime,or Certified Angus if I can get it, from the local butcher. Prefer no marinade. Just some Olive oil,salt about an hour or two before grilling to keep in the juices. Left out to room temperature,then pepper right before going on the grill to give it that tasty crust. Reverse seared by Grilling over indirect heat lid closed to about 120 degrees and seared over direct high heat.lid open,flipping often for a couple of minutes to 130. Let rest for 5 minutes or so to get to 135. Tastes so good no sauce is necessary. Though I still like Heinz 57 on the side for some reason.
Invest in a meat thermometer. If you're going to grill a steak,get it right!

Sometimes I marinade in soy sauce,worchestershire and Cavenders greek seasoning for a different yet also tasty steak.

Another great, simple way of cooking a steak. The only thing that I would do is switch the salt and pepper order. Always do salt at the last minute because it dehydrates the meat :)