CZ POLL How do you think the Garrett decision will play out?

How do you think the Garrett decision will play out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaede

Reaction score
Yes. I think that's accurate.

Jerry would never replace himself as GM. But if he did, I could see him going to Garrett, rather than someone like McClay who has worked for it and undoubtedly earned the position. But would you really want the predecessor to hire the replacement? What sense does that make?

More than likely, they are going over terms and discussing who they want to replace their departed coaches.

clff15701

Reaction score
Garrett would be the perfect GM for Jerry. He would still meet with Jerry daily and Jerry is getting up there in age. I just dont see why the ST coach would be demoted before another coach was brought in.

CPanther95

Reaction score
I think everyone is letting that tiny voice in their head - that irrational one that occasionally worries about asteroids and super volcanos - start new threads about Garrett.

Or the NYE celebrations have started early.

Grevus

Reaction score
Most likely Jerry is going to let Jason contract just expire. There is no good reason other than making some of us very happy to fire him. Jerry is not going to embarrass Garrett. Just letting it just expire accomplishes the same result. The only way they I see them doing an announcement before the 14th is if they have the new coach already picked and ready to sign.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I think everyone is letting that tiny voice in their head - that irrational one that occasionally worries about asteroids and super volcanos - start new threads about Garrett.

Or the NYE celebrations have started early.
no kidding. i want this done as much as the next person but i don't think it's OH NO'S DOOM DESPAIR AND AGONY ON ME WHOOOAH because it's not happened yet.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Right now I think it will be 3 or 5. Can't see him getting a one year deal because Jerry thinks that was the big mistake this year. I'm going to go with FO but that's more hope than anything else and even that would be a mistake.

roy31

Reaction score
Front office??? Really ??? To do what hire Witten as the new coach

DFWJC

Reaction score
He wouldn't meet with Jones twice then demote the ST coach if he was getting fired.
It's called a soft landing.

I think you are zero for two here.

Btw, I do think Garrett would make a great GM somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.