CZ POLL How do you think the Garrett decision will play out?

How do you think the Garrett decision will play out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Actually, Garrett might be pretty decent in a front office role. I'm not a fan of his ability to coach on Sundays,
but I do believe he's had a positive influence on the draft and has perhaps helped toward reigning in some of
Jerry's old gamblin' man tendencies of the early 2000s.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where in the hell are people thinking Garrett will get moved to FO.???

1. Garrett fancies himself a "caoch" and loves to spout pablums that he thinks build character.
2. He would displace a Jones if he were moved up. Jerry is not usurping Stephen or any other progeny
3. What is this track record of greatness he has brought in for players? He apparently is happy to defer all defensive selections to coaches (Claiborne, Taco, HIll, etc., etc)

Then again, if Jerry gave him lifetime employment to sit around and silkscreen Tshirts with bumper stickers and give speeches about RKG, Fight, Stand, Persevere - he would be rational to take it. There i no accountability in the FO and out of Fans line of sight as Jerry can protect him. It would fit right with his MO to date, but I dont see Jerry ceding any control

If he really wants to be a coach, he should go to college ranks
Yes, I agree, however, you are using logic and common sense, which Jerry occasionally eschews.
Garrett should have been gone by now. Which means that Jerry is hedging his bets on hiring a new head coach who is currently inaccessible, or they already have one on the way and are just fanning the flames of suspense.
That, or his title will be 'consultant.' Wonder what Will McClay is doing lately?
I wonder who moved O'Quinn back to the scout team?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I went with #3 but either 1 or 2 wouldn't surprise me.

4 or 5 would surprise me.

5 would send me to the ER.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So far, the poll results are a lot more spread out than expected. :D

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m laughing at the 20 fans who picked Garrett will be fired. I can only imagine the dismal track record they have on this board. :laugh: Of the options given that was the easiest one to eliminate.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
If it has taken this long to not fire him yet, or say his contract will not be extended.
Then Jerry is trying to put marks from the con side of the board to the pro side to get him a new contract.

taking this long is not a good sign he is gone.
The longer he stays the more nervous I get !!!

cml750

Reaction score
LnmrpkZ.png

I found this on another forum. :lmao:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Jerry loved JG..... possibly like family. I thought JG would get fired immediately after the Eagles game. I even thought word would leak out Sunday night that he had been told he would not return. But, it hasnt happened, and now, I honestly have ZERO leanings one way or the other. The more I think I know, the less I know for sure.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Is there a functional difference between firing him and letting his contract expire in two weeks? I think people really put too much though into that. Jerry is going to pay him through the end of his contract regardless of what happens and the amount of money involved has to be peanuts anyways.
I know Jerry does not want to embarass or disrespect JG. He has spent much of his adult life in the organization, and we know Jerry is about treating those on his team well.

There is zero difference between "Firing," him and letting the contract expire.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think he has two family members already working in the front office. The family has a relationship with the Joneses he will get a job if you wants it

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
While we wait .. and wait .. I thought it would be fun for everyone to predict how they think the Garrett situation will play out eventually.

jerry isn't going to fire him on New Years Eve or New Years Day. The announcement will be Thursday or Friday.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Why do even some fans think he would be good in the front office? Why can't he just be fired like anyone else who can't get the job done? It's time to cut the cord from all of Jim Garrett's boys.

If he gets yet another undeserved promotion, I start thinking old man Garrett really did have dirt on Jerry and he passed it on to his kids.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Jerry wants Red to stay on in the FO. Red thinks he's still a coach. Jerry is trying to break the reality to him in a gentle way.

Status
Not open for further replies.