CZ POLL How do you think the Garrett decision will play out?

How do you think the Garrett decision will play out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Why do even some fans think he would be good in the front office? Why can't he just be fired like anyone else who can't get the job done? It's time to cut the cord from all of Jim Garrett's boys.

If he gets yet another undeserved promotion, I start thinking old man Garrett really did have dirt on Jerry and he passed it on to his kids.

I'd bet Garrett stays on in some capacity. Garrett is not a self-made man who had to earn his way up the coaching ranks so him taking a chance and leaving is not in his DNA. He'd never work as a coach where accountability matters....I mean, he's never done it his whole life so why start now? But he'll be protected (via contract) from any new coach that wants to clean house in the front office and/or scouting department.

All this talk about Garrett going somewhere else to coach and how well respected he is is just useless gibberish. He's been gifted everything he's done in the NFL thanks to his father and Jerry. Garrett's a coward who would never take a job where he'd be held accountable.

cml750

Reaction score
I'd bet Garrett stays on in some capacity. Garrett is not a self-made man who had to earn his way up the coaching ranks so him taking a chance and leaving is not in his DNA. He'd never work as a coach where accountability matters....I mean, he's never done it his whole life so why start now? But he'll be protected (via contract) from any new coach that wants to clean house in the front office and/or scouting department.

All this talk about Garrett going somewhere else to coach and how well respected he is is just useless gibberish. He's been gifted everything he's done in the NFL thanks to his father and Jerry. Garrett's a coward who would never take a job where he'd be held accountable.
No doubt he has never earned his spot and will never be offered HC position for another NFL team. He may have a future as a college coach but even then he would need to turn the X's & O's over to competent coordinators for success. That being said I am not convinced he will not be extended by Jerry in the next day or so with the promise of all new coordinators and schemes. I think Jerry wanted to get rid of him after the Philly loss but saw fools gold yet again with the Commander blowout. When they met the first time Garrett probably blamed the season on the coordinators like he always does.

Dodger12

Reaction score
No doubt he has never earned his spot and will never be offered HC position for another NFL team. He may have a future as a college coach but even then he would need to turn the X's & O's over to competent coordinators for success. That being said I am not convinced he will not be extended by Jerry in the next day or so with the promise of all new coordinators and schemes. I think Jerry wanted to get rid of him after the Philly loss but saw fools gold yet again with the Commander blowout. When they met the first time Garrett probably blamed the season on the coordinators like he always does.

Jerry didn't see fools gold at all. I hate the man to my core but I don't think he's a dummy. Garrett's done as a HC in Dallas, in my opinion, and I'll tell you why. Jerry's got to make a huge financial commitment to the QB position and he's not sold on Dak. He's seen what Garrett can get out of Dak and it's .500 ball with an occasional run when the schedule is in our favor. Jerry's going to bring in a HC to determine if Dak is the future and franchise QB before he commits a 100 (plus) million dollar guaranteed contract. Jerry's a businessman and that's his motivation.

cml750

Reaction score
Jerry didn't see fools gold at all. I hate the man to my core but I don't think he's a dummy. Garrett's done as a HC in Dallas, in my opinion, and I'll tell you why. Jerry's got to make a huge financial commitment to the QB position and he's not sold on Dak. He's seen what Garrett can get out of Dak and it's .500 ball with an occasional run when the schedule is in our favor. Jerry's going to bring in a HC to determine if Dak is the future and franchise QB before he commits a 100 (plus) million dollar guaranteed contract. Jerry's a businessman and that's his motivation.
I hope you are right.

Dodger12

Reaction score
I hope you are right.

We'll see soon enough. It just makes sense and we can't think of what Jerry will do as a GM. He's a football idiot. But he needs to sell his QB and/or his HC to the masses.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score

Romo was a .500 quarterback under Garrett so how is this gonna help that fool make his mind up?

Dodger12

Reaction score
Romo was a .500 quarterback under Garrett so how is this gonna help that fool make his mind up?

Jerry thought that Romo could overcome Garrett. It's why he wanted Romo in on the team meetings and have input into the game plans. It's why he took play calling out of Garrett's hands. But Romo, for all his flaws, would still give fans a glimmer of hope and keep the stands full and the money pouring in.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I voted FO position but if he turns it down, how will we know? Is Booger going to come forth that Garrett spurned him?

According to unverified reports, he's been bidding adieu to employees within the building. Would he be doing that if he didn't think he was leaving?

If I were betting, I would bet Booger is trying to talk him into a FO position but Mara has the offer waiting. I also believe he and Mara have discussed this quite a bit, even before this season started. He had a relationship that could call for some clandestine discussions between just the two of them.

NewCoach

Reaction score
I could see the front office position, because it's Jerry's idea of, "everybody wins."

But I could also see Garrett knowing he has all this leverage with Jerry's love of him and finding a way to convince him to give him another year or two.

If Jerry hasn't secretly assured another coach he will get the job on the 14th , I just don't see this being about letting Garrett's contract expire. He wouldn't miss out on coaches just in the interest of decorum.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I can see Jerry giving Garrett another 5 years .

Its the jerry thing to do, which makes absolutely no sense to anyone .

Nobody knows what the heck he is talking about when he talks, for crying out loud.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I think they let this run out til the 14th and he won't be re-signed.
•Urban Meyer
•Dan Mullen
•Lincoln Riley
•Greg Roman
•Gary Kubiak
next HC could be one of'm or somebody no one has mentioned.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I could not vote, so
Garrett will get a new multi-year contract to coach the Cowboys, more money and more power, over staff, FA and he will be play caller again.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Garrett will walk off into the sunset with a handshake and a hug. Jerruh won’t fire him or let him go before his contract dictates it. That’s his boy.

Jerry will then hire one of the coordinators from one of the playoff teams....

Ben7

Reaction score
Completely agree. If this was a foregone conclusion (as it should have been) then there is no reason for the daily meetings. Even if Jerry didn't want to officially "fire" him an announcement should have happened by now that Garrett wasn't getting an extension and we thank him for his service to the organization.

Getting nervous about this. I absolutely cannot do another season of watching this putz clap on the sidelines.

Your not alone on getting nervous!:clap::thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.