CZ POLL How do you think the Garrett decision will play out?

How do you think the Garrett decision will play out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JayFord

Reaction score
I think Jerry is doubling down on Garrett and getting him a whole new staff.

The time to fire him has passed.
That man has had like 6 new staffs since hes been here

he should be out the door

csirl

Reaction score
Garrett will be paid to sit out the 2020 season to prevent any Cowboys free agents from being tempted by a team that hires Garrett as an assistant.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I still do not believe either thing is happening. The jones family is just not in a hurry for whatever reason.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
He wouldn't meet with Jones twice then demote the ST coach if he was getting fired.
I doubt they're even meeting at all. They're very tight whereas they've probably discussed this over Christmas dinner.... last season. :lmao:

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Garrett would just be a front office puppet as GM. Maybe even more powerless than as HC

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Where in the hell are people thinking Garrett will get moved to FO.???

1. Garrett fancies himself a "caoch" and loves to spout pablums that he thinks build character.
2. He would displace a Jones if he were moved up. Jerry is not usurping Stephen or any other progeny
3. What is this track record of greatness he has brought in for players? He apparently is happy to defer all defensive selections to coaches (Claiborne, Taco, HIll, etc., etc)

Then again, if Jerry gave him lifetime employment to sit around and silkscreen Tshirts with bumper stickers and give speeches about RKG, Fight, Stand, Persevere - he would be rational to take it. There i no accountability in the FO and out of Fans line of sight as Jerry can protect him. It would fit right with his MO to date, but I dont see Jerry ceding any control

If he really wants t coach, he should go to college ranks

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
It won't be the GM. My guess it will be a "consultant" of some sort. This will lead the way to hire a college coach and provide him some guidance from an NFL veteran coach. Then at the end of next year, Garrett will prob leave to go coach another team. With the lack of openings this year, there is a strong chance that Garrett would be unemployed. This will allow him to earn a living, be with the family and "help" the team as they transition to another coach.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I still do not believe either thing is happening. The jones family is just not in a hurry for whatever reason.
We will see, but delaying this only to still fire Garrett would be a selfish move by garrett. Only so many coaching jobs out there, one opening is already gone. If you're getting rid of him the ethical thing would have been to do it already.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Players rarely lose their jobs for underperforming, while should the head coach be any different.

Hoping for a front office position, can't figure out why he would still be in the building if something isn't up.

Status
Not open for further replies.