How does anyone take Helman seriously?

Sydla

Reaction score
Frankly had any of the 31 other teams announced that they would hire Jon Kitna as their QB coach few would have anything negative to say.

If the Eagles or Skins has hired Kitna some of you would laugh at them.

Hiring Kitna on its face is fine. But the attempts to sell his high school experience as a big plus is reaching to make him look more impressive than he might be.

Common Sense

Reaction score
Hey, Jaylon got his professional start at Burger King. Maybe we should go there looking for linebackers?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Regarding Kitna (from https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowboys-new-oc-hire-to-come-from-within):

"On top of that, having coached at the high school level, he has familiarity with some of the newer concepts in offensive football being popularized by the likes of Philadelphia Eagles coach Doug Pederson and Chicago Bears coach Matt Nagy."

Are we being trolled? WHAT IS HAPPENING? WHAT IS THIS.

Nobody does.

Nobody should take Broaddus or any of that crew seriously...

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Hiring Kitna on its face is fine. But the attempts to sell his high school experience as a big plus is reaching to make him look more impressive than he might be.

It was mentioned because Pederson 1st coaching experience was High School ball. Pederson himself has talked about the 'learning experience' as high school coach" http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...earning_experience__as_high_school_coach.html

As for coaches hired by Philly, Wash or NY you will always get push back by the fans of the rivial teams. I can't say how Kitna will do no one can, but I don't see him being hired as a bad thing

Common Sense

Reaction score
Their college concepts that the HS runs. In your urgency to be right you totally ignored me saying that previously.

Spread and RPO concepts being run at the high school level are not the same as how those same concepts work at the college level, which are different from those same concepts at the NFL level.

Do you actually believe that a high school spread playbook has any value in the NFL? Do you know anything about football?

Sydla

Reaction score
It was mentioned because Pederson 1st coaching experience was High School ball. Pederson himself has talked about the 'learning experience' as high school coach" http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...earning_experience__as_high_school_coach.html

As for coaches hired by Philly, Wash or NY you will always get push back by the fans of the rivial teams. I can't say how Kitna will do no one can, but I don't see him being hired as a bad thing

Yes but Doug Pederson coached and played for one of the games best offensive minds in Reid.

Common Sense

Reaction score
Yes but Doug Pederson coached and played for one of the games best offensive minds in Reid.

Seriously, this would be like if everyone decided that it was important that Jaylon worked at Burger King and completely ignored the fact that he played college ball at Notre Dame and decided that working fast food must help make you a better linebacker. It's just idiotically stupid.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

That likely had way more influence on his coaching than high school stuff.

and Reid brought him in because of the respect he had for Pederson football mind. Pederson was a player and HC's do see a football intelligence in these guys that is why they seek them out. I'm sure many people and experience in Pederson life as a player and yes coach at High school where you are actually teaching young men all played a part. Bill Walsh once said he got more pleasure out of coaching at Stanford where you actually get to teach the game. Hell he even went back to Stanford after leaving SF

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Spread and RPO concepts being run at the high school level are not the same as how those same concepts work at the college level, which are different from those same concepts at the NFL level.

Do you actually believe that a high school spread playbook has any value in the NFL? Do you know anything about football?
It is not about what I believe first of all. Most HS teams run the same exact same college scheme as the colleges in their particular state; both offensively and defensively. Mack Brown use to talk about this all the time. The guy wrote an article and used facts to support his opinion. Why we hired Kitna is a question to be answered by coaches and owners.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Lots of concepts and ideas that have originated at the HS level are making their to the NFL. Several HS teams throughout the country have been going for it on 4th down for years (NFL teams are going for it on 4th more frequently), using more versatile defenders in less traditional formations (LAC used 7 dbs vs Baltimore in the playoffs), all of the no huddle, spread formations started in TX HS football. HS football has become a breeding ground of ideas for years.

Helman still a tool, though.
That's true, a lot of concepts now being used in the NFL were developed at the HS and collegiate level. Kitna did coach a Champion team in Oregon, but have no idea what kind of system he used. What I do like about Kitna, is he was an NFL QB and has the pro level experience, but the HS level gave him the chance to really coach up fundamentals and mechanics that could be a big help as a QB Coach.

And yes, Helman is still a tool.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Another day another complaint thread

I like helman. Maybe y’all too old or maybe jealous?

And Ambar might not have all the football knowledge but she’s definitely opinionated and stirs stuff up at times plus you gotta love the accent.

visionary

Reaction score

blumayne38

Reaction score

It’s experience, and with Dak. Kitna May be able to be very critical with Dak without tanrnishing his confidence as that’s what many high school coaches do with high school QBs

Nav22

Reaction score
So what you are saying is if you have a nice PiZa@@ and very little knowledge of football and a mild grasp of the language, you too can be a YOO TOOB star.
I’m not saying anything other than she’s gorgeous.

Common Sense

Reaction score
It is not about what I believe first of all. Most HS teams run the same exact same college scheme as the colleges in their particular state; both offensively and defensively. Mack Brown use to talk about this all the time. The guy wrote an article and used facts to support his opinion. Why we hired Kitna is a question to be answered by coaches and owners.

They do not run "the exact same college scheme." That is absurd. At best, high schools may run a dumbed down, simplified version that has been modified to account for differences in rules and talent levels. That difference is even more dramatic in the NFL.

You're either a high school football player who doesn't know any better or someone severely plagued by the Dunning-Kruger effect.