How does anyone take Helman seriously?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
They do not run "the exact same college scheme." That is absurd. At best, high schools may run a dumbed down, simplified version that has been modified to account for differences in rules and talent levels. That difference is even more dramatic in the NFL.

You're either a high school football player who doesn't know any better or someone severely plagued by the Dunning-Kruger effect.
Lets say I never played football ever. Mack Brown was lying?

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
Helman is ok with me. Of course, you gotta keep in mind the goal of the whole DC.com shows, is to draw subscribers, so its mostly entertainment not high level football. So, out of the personalities of those shows, he's one of the least irritating to me.

Broaddus tends to irritate me because if you are paid to write or speak, you need to work on that skill. He interrupts others yeah, but what is really odd is that he will interrupt his own dialog and not complete sentences. He actually interrupts himself! yeah he's a former scout. yeah he has a super bowl ring. yadda yadda.

And while Nick Eatman has written books, and provides good insights (he's been wanting upgrade at safety and speed at WR for years), the attempts at "inside jokes" with his boss Derek Eagleton while on the air - the little muttered comments - attempts at looking witty - all that I can do without, and is very annoying to this listener. Get a room.

So, with all these odd personalities that don't come across well to audiences, Helman comes across as the most palatable like he's the only one I'd want to hang out with for a beer.

all that said, I'd totally suck if I had to do that job, so whatever!

mmohican29

Reaction score
Shes the one I have NO IDEA how she keeps her job...just brutal to listen to for very long.

You and everyone else here knows why Ambar remains employed @ DC HQ. Honestly, I dig her overall.

Hopefully, someone over there has really benefitted from her presence. That's a thumbs way up from me.

Wood

Reaction score
Regarding Kitna (from https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowboys-new-oc-hire-to-come-from-within):

"On top of that, having coached at the high school level, he has familiarity with some of the newer concepts in offensive football being popularized by the likes of Philadelphia Eagles coach Doug Pederson and Chicago Bears coach Matt Nagy."

Are we being trolled? WHAT IS HAPPENING? WHAT IS THIS.

I used to follow him and liked his reporting but it has recently gone down-hill. I really think Jerry issued memo to anyone working with dallascowboys.com and also guys over at 105.3 that they are to back off negativity toward Kellen Moore and decisions made by brass. Once I see reporters bow to that...I am out.

Sydla

Reaction score
and Reid brought him in because of the respect he had for Pederson football mind. Pederson was a player and HC's do see a football intelligence in these guys that is why they seek them out. I'm sure many people and experience in Pederson life as a player and yes coach at High school where you are actually teaching young men all played a part. Bill Walsh once said he got more pleasure out of coaching at Stanford where you actually get to teach the game. Hell he even went back to Stanford after leaving SF

This is such a disjointed post. First of all there is a world of difference between coaching in college and high school. So your Walsh point makes little sense to me.

Second, let’s be clear. Moore and Kitna have light resumes. So the front offfice does what they do best and put on a PR push. For Kitna, they look around see if any coaches had high school experience and then play up Kitba’s high school resume.

But anyone who is honest would admit there is a world of difference between the resume of Pederson and that of Kitna. Further, Reid spent 5 seasons coaching Pederson so he knew of him well before Pederson did his HS run.

robjay04

Reaction score
Pederson was a high school coach for two years before becoming the Eagles offensive quality control coordinator and then QB cosch.

Maybe that’s what he meant. Pederson has a similar resume before becoming a NFL coach.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
She was hired for spanish speaking fans and then they expanded her involvement just like other girls that had little to no prior football exposure that's worked for them.

I figured, but feel like they couldve found someone more qualified...but I guess thats not the only position they skimp on.:D Shes difficult to understand (I have gotten used to after watching the player vs player questions all year) , goofy, and doesnt add much to anything Ive seen her do.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
He's really bad. I mean, exceptionally bad. Even for that website.

He's almost as useless as that Armbar chick.

Ambar struggles with the English language which is ridiculous for somone in her line of work. That said I actually think she is more in line with my thinking of state of the Cowboys. I agree with her more than the other guys. Nick and Dave just seem like jerks. Nick is completely arrogant and Dave is just angry. No joy from 2 guys that have great jobs. They act as if they are doing fans a favor providing their crappy analysis. Poor Derek working with that crew.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not that it matters, but his feet don't touch the ground if he's sitting in a chair, he sometimes comes across as very enthused and overall I kinda want to poke at him a little.

I wonder how many days he runs the 40 in.

I hear he runs a 4.32.

Reactions: G2

Them

Reaction score
...Helman and Ambar will do until a few of you geniuses can get up to Dallas to replace them....ahhhhahahahahahahahahah:lmao: