How does Jerry watch a game like that and think Garrett is acceptable?

tomsanders921

Reaction score
You get the sense that the league is passing us by when you watch teams like the Rams and Chiefs. Compare that performance to the dink and dank crap we had to sit through yesterday for 3 hours against one of the worst defenses in the league and it's easy to see why some find it hard to be optimistic about this team even after 2 straight wins. This is a slow walk to the slaughterhouse if this team makes the playoffs.

After 10+ years, Garrett should have our offense running like a well-oiled machine. How does Jerry and Stephen not even blink while witnessing other coaches achieve it in a 1/5th of the time afforded to Garrett? I just don't get it. Is comfortability THAT important?
I get the hype. And yes our coaching is some of the worst in the league.

But remind me how many Superbowls Andy Reid has won. He normally has great offenses that fade down the stretch and can't get it done in the playoffs.

Yes, Sean mccvay has an amazing system and they could very well win it all this year.
But they had a great offense last year but got shut down in the playoffs.

The media and fans are drooling all over these two offenses. But I want to see what they do in the playoffs before saying they are the greatest thing ever. I would be willing to bet neither one of them make the Superbowl. The Saints are just as good on offense and have a little defense to go with it. And I can't trust an Andy Reid team in the playoffs.

kumizi

Reaction score
I’m not impressed by an offense that throws 6 TDs and 3 INTs in the same game, sorry. Don’t get me wrong, the Cowboys should air it out more. But both teams abandoned the running game tonight and any attempt to control the clock.

Garrett’s gameplan over the past two games has been just fine. Run Zeke, use the RPO, play action, and play great defense.
The objective is to score points not control the clock lmao

Not impressed. I’ve heard it all.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
He also doesn't have a defense.
If it wasn't for his turnovers, the Rams are closer to 30 points. They scored 14 on defense and also set them up on a short field as well.

At some point you have to run some clock and give your defense some rest.

But mahomes had his shot at the end and came up short with a bad throw. I don't hold the last possession against him as there was not enough time anyway

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes.

Our schemes are trash. I don't know how you can't see this but hey if that's what you find acceptable then by all means go ahead.

Our coaches rely on talent and make us easy to defend and if we can't out athlete the other team then we're in trouble because the coaches are trash.

It's been a little better the past couple of weeks but the amount of scrutiny it's taken to get these clowns doing things like not taking the ball first or not running every single time on first down is what should've got them thrown out the door.

They do not understand 2018 football and it shows with their pre-historic approach to football.

I’ve always said I’m not a fan of the offensive scheme. I just don’t care all that much because it’s not that important and the offense has generally been productive under Garrett.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’ve always said I’m not a fan of the offensive scheme. I just don’t care all that much because it’s not that important and the offense has generally been productive under Garrett.

How on earth can you watch the best teams in football and say scheme is not that important? How?

I could understand if it's 1992 and there is no salary cap but how in 2018 can you say the schemes don't play a big factor?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Jerry loves Jason and thinks this team is a playoff caliber team. Did you see him at the end of the game, sad just sad.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
You get the sense that the league is passing us by when you watch teams like the Rams and Chiefs. Compare that performance to the dink and dank crap we had to sit through yesterday for 3 hours against one of the worst defenses in the league and it's easy to see why some find it hard to be optimistic about this team even after 2 straight wins. This is a slow walk to the slaughterhouse if this team makes the playoffs.

After 10+ years, Garrett should have our offense running like a well-oiled machine. How does Jerry and Stephen not even blink while witnessing other coaches achieve it in a 1/5th of the time afforded to Garrett? I just don't get it. Is comfortability THAT important?
,,,er,,,I'm drawing a complete BLANK, Bro!,,,probably because its so pathetically embarrassing to even contemplate the reasoning .

*Man ,if it's not seasonal financial growth being repeatedly the strived for achievement of success/ objective?,,,I'd be too ashamed of my fandom to venture any other guesso_O

**Hey @Zordon ,I slept thru the game,but ,in yer' opinion, was K.C. officiated/ flagged fairly?
( outta' damn ner' 40,000 forum members, yer sole word on that subject matter is good enough for me.)

Sydla

Reaction score
How on earth can you watch the best teams in football and say scheme is not that important? How?

I could understand if it's 1992 and there is no salary cap but how in 2018 can you say the schemes don't play a big factor?

Because to admit that schemes are important than one has to admit that the coaching is more important than they think and ergo, one has to admit that Garrett simply isn't good enough.

So in order to protect Garrett, you essentially have to take the position that coaching isn't all that important and that schemes and fundamentals are consistent from team to team and therefore, it's the roll the ball out and let them play theory............. and if the team doesn't play well, that's on the players, not the coach.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Because to admit that schemes are important than one has to admit that the coaching is more important than they think and ergo, one has to admit that Garrett simply isn't good enough.

So in order to protect Garrett, you essentially have to take the position that coaching isn't all that important and that schemes and fundamentals are consistent from team to team and therefore, it's the roll the ball out and let them play theory............. and if the team doesn't play well, that's on the players, not the coach.
Rinse, Wash, Repeat

Cowboys22

Reaction score

How? He looks out over the sold out stadium and checks his bank account balance on his phone. It’s then easy for a businessman to keep things as is and ride it out. If you made a product that was near the bottom in quality compared to your competition but flew off the shelves and was a cash cow, would you change it? I think everyone would ride it out and that’s what Jerry is doing. He is comfortable with a tried and true homegrown Cowboy yes man as the head coach who has had some good years and rarely falls much below .500. That formula keeps the money rolling in for now. What I don’t seem to get it why he doesn’t realize that cash flow could double if he built a true year to year contender.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Despite being under the same HC... Romo ran the offense and routinely audibled out of his garbage calls.

Yeah that is pretty typical coach has nothing to do with it unless it was a poor outing then it is on him. So I guess he called the int at the end of the game right? lol I don't have any issue with people complaining about Garrett I do think it is over the top when it was all Romo when things went well but all on Garrett when it didn't. Talk about spinning to fit an agenda

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Yes.

Jerrah has done Parcells to help pay for the Stadium.

He has done Phillips to fix the defense..

Now he has done Garrett to re-establish Cowboy tradition.

I get it and frankly being impatient is part of the plan.

This team is not hungry enough.

DAK is a work in progress..

Zeke is All World.

All I want from him now is a HB pass for a TD.

This will really slowdown the 8 man fronts.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I want Dak to succeed, but for that to happen he needs a coach that can teach him. He does not have that. Moore is the worst hire this F.O. has made in a long time ( worse than Alexander).
We are turning around the defense, but never seem to quite get there, always short a player or two (cough, cough, 1- tech, Safety).
Same on offense, I really like the move to get Cooper, I know it was expensive, and come draft day I'll be bummed like everyone else. But, it's a good move none the less. This is the year we really need to evaluate our coaching staff. Nine lives Clappy may save himself, but the OC, QB Coach, and Marrinelli need to be cut loose. Richard is in place to take over the D, and may bring in a guy or two he wants.
Where we go at OC and QB coach will determine if this franchise is to move forward. Or stay in mediocrity for a few more years.
And Jerry must know he ain't got a lot of years left to get that elusive trophy .....

4th_and_short

Reaction score
thats what I see as you see my earlier comment whats the point if you still only win late by score? its relative..we need more creativity and aggression maybe a bit more scoring but these types of games dont do anything if your opposition is mirror of yourself.. 17-14 or 51-48 its the same outcome

how do you think 32 teams can all find a QB/WR/TE/RB and depth to play this way? is it a trend I mean 3-5 teams play like this right now..im not sure the entire NFL can ALL convert to this..its starting to look like basketball where you might as well tune in to the last 5mins and watch that as thats the actual game as time gets tight within 10points and no need to see the trading baskets for the 40 mins prior..

Say what you want about the final score not mattering because it was still a close game, but if you don’t watch the 40 minutes prior to the final buzzer just to see the final possession then you are missing out on a ton of action. That game was a beauty to watch IMO. The defense still made plays when they had to but never was the game out of reach for either team until Mahones threw that second pick with under a minute to go.

I’d agree that this sort of offense with the personnel can’t be achieved by every team in the league, but with the new rule changes that help offenses and the sort of players coming out of college I do believe that it will become more of the norm. It’s just a matter of time.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Yeah that is pretty typical coach has nothing to do with it unless it was a poor outing then it is on him. So I guess he called the int at the end of the game right? lol I don't have any issue with people complaining about Garrett I do think it is over the top when it was all Romo when things went well but all on Garrett when it didn't. Talk about spinning to fit an agenda
It's typical for people like you to overlook circumstances when it came to Romo. The visual evidence of why the int happened was there and stated right here in previous posts in this thread yet you ignore it and keep bringing up the int. We all know that the int was thrown but the why is what is ignored. Only Romo could have that statline and be the reason for the loss.

As far as garrot is concerned I consider him unfit to have the job to begin with so you're dam right I give him 0 credit for anything good. Romo is the one that propped him up.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It's typical for people like you to overlook circumstances when it came to Romo. The visual evidence of why the int happened was there and stated right here in previous posts in this thread yet you ignore it and keep bringing up the int. We all know that the int was thrown but the why is what is ignored. Only Romo could have that statline and be the reason for the loss.

I fully supported Romo and while he did a lot of good things he also had his moments and is not beyond blame. I don't look for 1 scapegoat as so many others do, protect your guy and everyone and everything is someone else fault. Win games that was everyone but Garrett lose a game well that was all Garrett. I don't have any issues placing the blame around I just don't use scapegoats as some entire reason.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
I fully supported Romo and while he did a lot of good things he also had his moments and is not beyond blame. I don't look for 1 scapegoat as so many others do, protect your guy and everyone and everything is someone else fault. Win games that was everyone but Garrett lose a game well that was all Garrett. I don't have any issues placing the blame around I just don't use scapegoats as some entire reason.
That game wouldn't have been won by everyone. The D led by Ware didn't force a single punt and allowed Manning who was almost as slow as Frankenstein run in for a score. That game was all Romo. If Dak had been the QB... It would've been a massacre.

Zordon

Reaction score
I get the hype. And yes our coaching is some of the worst in the league.

But remind me how many Superbowls Andy Reid has won. He normally has great offenses that fade down the stretch and can't get it done in the playoffs.

Yes, Sean mccvay has an amazing system and they could very well win it all this year.
But they had a great offense last year but got shut down in the playoffs.

The media and fans are drooling all over these two offenses. But I want to see what they do in the playoffs before saying they are the greatest thing ever. I would be willing to bet neither one of them make the Superbowl. The Saints are just as good on offense and have a little defense to go with it. And I can't trust an Andy Reid team in the playoffs.
I would KILL for Andy Reid's resume the last 20 years. Are you serious?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
It is daily clockwork. The Garrett haters EVERY DAY start a conversation with it's sole purpose of REPEATING their hatred for Garrett. What's sad is they actually think it will somehow have an affect on his tenure like Jones sits and reads these boards. If the national media hasn't gotten to him the whiners here sure aren't going to.