How does Josh McDaniels gets no love as a possible candidate in Dallas?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Are those 2 the only choices?

You read my posts. You know I don't think that. At all.

Lots of people seem to be all worked up about McDaniels. Guy is a young but long time successful OC of the best team in football. Trained by the best of all time. Yet, he gets no consideration on this board. Many want to go for Lincoln Riley, a guy that was an OC at East Carolina 5 plus years ago. I thought I would ask why?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Almost. Cutler demanded a trade as soon as be found out that Josh was hired as the HC.

That's why Cassell came into the picture. I think it was Cassell.

Hard to keep up with all the NFL, isn't it?
Cutler demanded a trade, when he found out that his new coach wanted to add Cassell as his QB.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I was doing the Urban Meyer dance last week. This week I am going back to my favorite coordinator candidate...Josh McDaniels. Sure he failed in Denver. He had no QB. Big Bill failed in Cleveland. McDaniels is an elite coordinator. He has Pats pedigree. He wins and moves the ball without Brady. He wins with new skill guys every year. I know the HC looms large in New England but in my opinion McDaniels is one of his best coordinators.Yet when some talk next coach they sing the praises of Lincoln Riley. That guy has won nothing. Why no love for McDaniels?
Honestly why would he? He was a terrible HC

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is the heir apparent in NE and I think that's why he backed out on Indy.
He’s gonna have to wait a LONG time. Belichek isn’t even close to retirement. He has said as much.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Denver made a huge mistake giving a first-time head coach full control of the organization.

We all know that won't happen in Dallas.

He is an interesting candidate, and if Dallas wasn't coming off 10 years with a coach learning on the job I would probably be all for it, but factoring that in I would much prefer Lincoln Riley or Urban Meyer.

GMO415

Reaction score
Haven't we suffered enough? No thanks.
giphy.gif