How good is Nick Foles?

csirl

Reaction score
Hostetler is a good comparison in terms of talent level. Able to play well for a few games but probably would rank outside the top 20 QBs if a regular starter.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hostetler is a good comparison in terms of talent level. Able to play well for a few games but probably would rank outside the top 20 QBs if a regular starter.
Good parallel. I thought of him. Also Elvis Grbac and our own Steve Beuerlein. Mark Sanchez was the flavor of the month not too long ago, playing well to beat NE in the playoffs.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Good parallel. I thought of him. Also Elvis Grbac and our own Steve Beuerlein. Mark Sanchez was the flavor of the month not too long ago, playing well to beat NE in the playoffs.

Beurlein was discussing Foles on wfnz a few weeks ago. He made the point that a lot of times guys are comfortable being the fill in but not comfortable being the franchise qb for a whole season. I guess he would know.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You can insert Romo in there too.
Sandwiched between Brady and Wilson at 93.0

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
In the Pederson system, he is a Top-5 QB. Hypothetical but what if Wentz suddenly decides to retire tomorrow and Foles becomes the new long-term QB. Maybe Foles is just at a point in his career where he understands the game and can dominate

DFWJC

Reaction score
An interesting poll here would be if Cowboy fans think Phillies backup QB is better than Dallas' starter.

Would be a real debate.

Just keep in mind that the sample size for both is small.
Joe Flacco went on an epic super bowl run one year....crazy efficiency.
11 TDs and O ints in 2013
But he has been outer-worldly bad in playoff and regualr season games too. Motre often than not, he's been JAG

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the Pederson system, he is a Top-5 QB. Hypothetical but what if Wentz suddenly decides to retire tomorrow and Foles becomes the new long-term QB. Maybe Foles is just at a point in his career where he understands the game and can dominate

The did something that would make Jason Garret cringe , actually. They adapted to their new QB. When Wentz went down, the coaches hit the film room and devised an offense that Foles could execute. They went back to his 2013 season and figured out how to put him in the best position to succeed.

kskboys

Reaction score
That is possible. I've just been watching football for way too long and seen way too many one hit wonders to believe. Remember Tuna saying don't anoint Romo yet? Exactly.

Valorius

Reaction score
SB era dude. Now I know you are desperate to try and make things look better for your birds but you really need to leave the time of leather helmets
No one wore leather helmets in 1960, when the Eagles handed Vince Lombardi and the Green Bay packers their only playoff defeat in the Championship game. ;)

How many years since the Cowboys won a superbowl? 23 is it?

Valorius

Reaction score
You can insert Romo in there too.
Sandwiched between Brady and Wilson at 93.0

I only listed Superbowl winning QB's (with the exception of Jim Kelly, who started 4 but lost them all) in there.

diefree666

Reaction score
No one wore leather helmets in 1960, when the Eagles handed Vince Lombardi and the Green Bay packers their only playoff defeat in the Championship game. ;)

How many years since the Cowboys won a superbowl? 23 is it?
You said 4. Guess when some of those happened? But then you clearly are not very well versed in NFL history

but since I am bored I will deign to educate you. Now as a Philthy fan you should know this but then you are a philthy fan

1948, 1949 Eagles win NFL championship. NFL players wear leather helmets.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
it doesn't.
neither do the eagles.

5>4.....there.....better.

except those wins from the Cowboys are so long ago its almost like when you guys would compare the Eagles 1960 win. Eagles in 2k Era 6 NFCCG 2 SBs appearances. Yep I remember back in the day when you could go to the movies for a quarter and get popcorn too.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
Nick Foles had ONE top season and ONE top Playoff run. Joe Flacco part deux

He was having his 2nd great season but got hurt and sent to Jeff Fisher ... He did good when replacing Alex smith and we all know how he did when replacing Wentz . But yes dont let facts stand in your way

CPanther95

Reaction score
except those wins from the Cowboys are so long ago its almost like when you guys would compare the Eagles 1960 win. Eagles in 2k Era 6 NFCCG 2 SBs appearances. Yep I remember back in the day when you could go to the movies for a quarter and get popcorn too.

About 34% of the current US population wasn't alive when the Cowboys won their last Super Bowl. About 54% weren't alive for any of the Super Bowls of the 60's and 70's.

To them, there isn't much difference between those older SB Championships and the pre-SB NFL Championships. Getting them to understand the relevance of those early SB wins is like getting them to understand how inconvenient it was when a business didn't get enough Yellow Pages delivered.