How good or bad do you feel about the Cowboys 2019 season

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by darthseinfeld, May 2, 2019.

1. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

10,786 Messages
    14,294 Likes Received
    The NFC is going to be tough this year. Not even taking into account our division, Packers added some nice players (Zadarius and Preston Smith) and getting a healthy secondary to help the Aaron Rodgers show, Niners with Shanahan getting his QB back and adding Bosa + Dee Ford to that defensive front is just crazy. Rams will be a well coached team. Seahawks. Bears. Vikings. Saints. Hate Philly but good front and secondary was trotting out 4-5th string dudes last year. Skins will play us tough and have a DL. Guice, Barkley, Sanders in division. Falcons still have weapons. It's going to be a crazy year in the NFC.

Even without factoring Frederick into the equation, I think the team is better heading into camp. I think he'll be rusty but otherwise fine.

We didn't lose anyone, lot of good young players and addition ie. Cooper that should have more cohesion or just getting better going into their 2-3 years. More competition for roster spots heading into camp.

Feel pretty good about it. Gotta score in the redzone though. Also have to get consistent better interior DL play, and line play in general against good teams like the Colts, Rams. Have to force more turnovers.

I have no idea how DL turns out, it's still better than last year, safety isn't great, TE isn't what I'd consider a top group, but I think this team should be able to win.

2. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

12,971 Messages
    15,512 Likes Received
    I'm stoked just knowing a full season with the Cowboys is on the horizon.

I think we did well enough to put forth an admirable challenge for anyone.

I feel we've fared well enough in vet FA and the draft to win our fair share.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  3. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

9,853 Messages
    6,884 Likes Received
    I am lukewarm.

After watching this team for 50+ years..

and especially once past the 90s..

we have a nasty habit as fans of overbuilding expectations

We win and then the next year..we regress

It's our year to regress

We have a hard time with success and expectations as a team

As for the fans..double it down

So I wait and hope we end our Texas Two Step and get to the dosee-doe..

:flagwave:

4. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

10,585 Messages
    12,326 Likes Received
    very confident that we can...at the worst...make the conference title game....at the best...win it all.
    I like the additions of Quinn and Trysten Hill on the DLine.
    On offense...with Frederick and Witten returning......adding Cobb,Pollard and a full season with Amari.....I think this offensive unit can be special.
    barring injury of course.

then again......Ive been wrong before.

5. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

16,941 Messages
    31,617 Likes Received
    I think it will be the same as always. We barely miss the playoffs or we're one and done. No reason to think anything different. Garrett's still coach.

Bullflop, ShortRound131 and ksadler1 like this.
  6. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

10,786 Messages
    14,294 Likes Received
    Fun game, look at the OL group from the year Costa started for us, then look at this one.

Mother of God.

Bullflop and Techsass like this.
  7. Hawkeye19

Hawkeye19 Well-Known Member

2,553 Messages
    5,867 Likes Received
    Call me when Wentz is able to outperform a mediocre QB like Dak Prescott. Until then he is just media hype, unproven potential, and an injury waiting to happen

8. Hennessy_King

Hennessy_King Well-Known Member

4,767 Messages
    5,680 Likes Received
    I know crazy to think that line with Costa gave up 20 less sacks than last years line

Bullflop, Techsass and gmoney112 like this.
  9. ksadler1

ksadler1 Well-Known Member

2,195 Messages
    2,864 Likes Received
    I pretty much feel the same about this year as all of them since out last SB. Quit telling me and start showing me. I get sick of Jerry handing out SB tickets, or saying what we could or should be and I get sick of Howdy Doody saying "it's a process". I think the FO and players need to STHU and get on the field and prove everyone wrong. No talking crap, no calling yourselves "Hot Boyz", .and please stop the RKG crap when we have a bunch of dopers on the team. Just shut up and play. . .

Bullflop, 75boyz and JohnBoy like this.
  10. DeathMonkey

DeathMonkey Well-Known Member

3,699 Messages
    6,127 Likes Received
    I have no idea. I'm neither optimistic nor pessimistic. I plan to watch and hopefully enjoy what I see.

11. Cowfan75

Cowfan75 Well-Known Member

2,275 Messages
    2,486 Likes Received
    We'll probably be able to compete, but no Super Bowl, and that's all Jerry really needs.

75boyz likes this.
  12. Pantone282C

Pantone282C Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,298 Messages
    3,089 Likes Received
    Not too bad actually. A lot depends on how KM shakes out at OC and if Garrett doesn't hamstring him.

Bullflop likes this.
  13. InTheZone

InTheZone Well-Known Member

2,995 Messages
    2,661 Likes Received
    Until we make serious changes at HC and QB I can't expect a deep playoff run. Team has the potential for greater things, but they're settling because they're content. Pass game has declined two years in a row, are we really expecting a drastic change for the better? Defense will be improved and that's a good thing because we're going to need them again to keep some games low scoring.

75boyz likes this.
  14. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

14,239 Messages
    11,056 Likes Received
    I'm an optimist every preseason about the Cowboys chances. This preseason is no exception.

15. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

23,851 Messages
    7,606 Likes Received
    10-6 and 1 win and out on the playoffs.

Bullflop likes this.
  16. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

23,851 Messages
    7,606 Likes Received
    Who, exactly, here, wants to say Dak is a great QB?
    If there is someone out there who wants to say he's great, hollah and brings me as dollah!
    So romo, who?

17. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

13,877 Messages
    8,636 Likes Received
    They should be pretty good. I see 10-6 and making the playoffs.

Bullflop likes this.
  18. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,909 Messages
    465 Likes Received
    15-1 or 14-2

19. Pompey-Cowboy

Pompey-Cowboy Well-Known Member

542 Messages
    859 Likes Received
    Surely, as a supposed Dallas Cowboys fan, you should be hoping that you are wrong about Dak and we have a successful season.

20. Pompey-Cowboy

Pompey-Cowboy Well-Known Member

542 Messages
    859 Likes Received
    So you have us losing to the Redskins, Packers, Giants and Bears. No way we lose all 4 of those.

Hennessy_King, Techsass and jazzcat22 like this.