How good or bad do you feel about the Cowboys 2019 season

MTCowboyFan

Reaction score
I am cautiously optimistic.

Our offense line should be better which should reduce sacks, open big holes for Zeke, and give Dak more time to throw unpressured.

I think Gallup is going to take a big step forward, giving us good talent at WR with Gallup, AC, and Cobb along with adding some juice with Pollard.

I worry about the back end of the D but barring signficant injuries, Jaylon should be better, LVE should be better, and hopefully a healthy Lee. That's a formidable LB core.

Need to get pressure on the QB and hopefully Quinn can re-gain some of his mojo and Tank can get and stay healthy.

The interior of the D-line looks pretty good, hoping for some good push up the middle there.

All in all, we should be better but an extremely difficult schedule might not translate into more or the same W's.

And of course we've all seen the Cowboys flop on their faces when it seems like they have some opportunity in front of them.

I am hoping 2019 is different and they can string a few good seasons back to back and finally contend.

I've been a fan since 1976 and have been through a couple long dry spells. It's time to end this one.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Pretty optimistic.
The OL should get back to dominating, and so should the redzone offense.
I expect Dak to have a good year along with the running game (health permitting).
Defense should be *good*, although Safety is a concern and 1T is to be seen, though Covington looks like a nice role player.
Barring something unexpected, this looks like a 10-6- to 11-5 team.
Solid.
How will they do in the postseason is the biggest question.
And the defining factor with this HC's future.

Wizarus

Reaction score
This is a solid team on paper, but I feel we're too vulnerable to a single injury, and we lack the coaching staff required to adapt to mishaps. I do believe Beasley leaving will have a greater impact than expected, at least for the first half of the season.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Best roster since at least 2007 and possibly 1995.

Given health at the key positions, this team should be very good.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
People want to say Dak is a great QB..... When the team goes 8-8 or 9-7 this year & 4 or 5 of those losses are because are QB got outplayed I am hoping that will change the narrative.
Just what this board needed. A guy who's avatar looks like that... on a horse no less, bashing Dak.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I feel great about this season. Fredbeard is back and we closed out the regular season last year 7-1. The Giants and Commanders are rebuilding. The schedule is only “hard” through the lens of 2018. I’ve got this team 13-3 and making it at least to the NFC Championship Game.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
giphy.gif
Deserve a like for the JB split. Love the purple jumpsuit! I wear one every Wednesday.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think the team's ceiling is unchanged until I see something different in January. It's not as if the other 31 teams stood pat while the Cowboys made moves.
that about sums it up.
We have to stop the trend of regression after a good season
This may happen, but it hasnt in awhile, and it isnt just the cowboys, the Commanders make take off this year and win the div,
the eagles may improve their run game an win div.
I dont see the giants winning it, but strange things happen.
So a lot depends on the other 3 teams, how they play overall and how they play dallas.
I would say this is one season where dallas really needs to go 5-1 in the div, to have a good record, since they have some tough opponents
outside the div this year.
going 5-1 last year is the only reason they made the playoffs.

Techsass

Reaction score
I feel really good about the upcoming season. I think some of the big question marks need positive outcomes for us to be real contenders.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I am lukewarm.

After watching this team for 50+ years..

and especially once past the 90s..

we have a nasty habit as fans of overbuilding expectations

We win and then the next year..we regress

It's our year to regress

We have a hard time with success and expectations as a team

As for the fans..double it down

So I wait and hope we end our Texas Two Step and get to the dosee-doe..

:flagwave:
I feel similar way , fans get pumped only to be let down.
I still think they make the playoffs, but dont get past div round.
What jerry and many fans dont get is that getting to the playoffs is one seperate thing, the playoffs are entirely different thing.
A team can go 15-1 like GB did, and then be one and done in playoffs.
edit, they were beat by the giants, a WC team I think, who didnt do as well during the season.
but they were a good playoff team.

Last edited:

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Barring significant player injuries or Dak really regressing, I think we will be in contention for a division title.

I am feeling pretty good. Hopefully Dak can take the next step.

Them

Reaction score
Bad

1. Havent gone to the playoffs in consecutive seasons since 2007

2. NFCE has had a new champion every season since 2003-2004

3. 1st place schedule

4. DCs have the offseason to study how to stop Amari

5. Garrett is still the headcoach and Dak is still the QB

...So your saying they win the SB!?....Right on dude!..
F3Vk3ef.png

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Mixed right now we are paper champs

a lot still has to be done ad the mere fact they are carrying the ST coach ad Rod is not right.