How good or bad do you feel about the Cowboys 2019 season

gmoney112

Reaction score
The NFC is going to be tough this year. Not even taking into account our division, Packers added some nice players (Zadarius and Preston Smith) and getting a healthy secondary to help the Aaron Rodgers show, Niners with Shanahan getting his QB back and adding Bosa + Dee Ford to that defensive front is just crazy. Rams will be a well coached team. Seahawks. Bears. Vikings. Saints. Hate Philly but good front and secondary was trotting out 4-5th string dudes last year. Skins will play us tough and have a DL. Guice, Barkley, Sanders in division. Falcons still have weapons. It's going to be a crazy year in the NFC.

Even without factoring Frederick into the equation, I think the team is better heading into camp. I think he'll be rusty but otherwise fine.

We didn't lose anyone, lot of good young players and addition ie. Cooper that should have more cohesion or just getting better going into their 2-3 years. More competition for roster spots heading into camp.

Feel pretty good about it. Gotta score in the redzone though. Also have to get consistent better interior DL play, and line play in general against good teams like the Colts, Rams. Have to force more turnovers.

I have no idea how DL turns out, it's still better than last year, safety isn't great, TE isn't what I'd consider a top group, but I think this team should be able to win.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Now that the offseason is pretty much in the book, and we know what we are going into 2019 with, how good or bad do you feel about the upcoming season?

I'm stoked just knowing a full season with the Cowboys is on the horizon.

I think we did well enough to put forth an admirable challenge for anyone.

I feel we've fared well enough in vet FA and the draft to win our fair share.

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Now that the offseason is pretty much in the book, and we know what we are going into 2019 with, how good or bad do you feel about the upcoming season?
I am lukewarm.

After watching this team for 50+ years..

and especially once past the 90s..

we have a nasty habit as fans of overbuilding expectations

We win and then the next year..we regress

It's our year to regress

We have a hard time with success and expectations as a team

As for the fans..double it down

So I wait and hope we end our Texas Two Step and get to the dosee-doe..

:flagwave:

cowboyec

Reaction score
very confident that we can...at the worst...make the conference title game....at the best...win it all.
I like the additions of Quinn and Trysten Hill on the DLine.
On offense...with Frederick and Witten returning......adding Cobb,Pollard and a full season with Amari.....I think this offensive unit can be special.
barring injury of course.

then again......Ive been wrong before.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I pretty much feel the same about this year as all of them since out last SB. Quit telling me and start showing me. I get sick of Jerry handing out SB tickets, or saying what we could or should be and I get sick of Howdy Doody saying "it's a process". I think the FO and players need to STHU and get on the field and prove everyone wrong. No talking crap, no calling yourselves "Hot Boyz", .and please stop the RKG crap when we have a bunch of dopers on the team. Just shut up and play. . .

Cowfan75

Reaction score
We'll probably be able to compete, but no Super Bowl, and that's all Jerry really needs.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not too bad actually. A lot depends on how KM shakes out at OC and if Garrett doesn't hamstring him.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Until we make serious changes at HC and QB I can't expect a deep playoff run. Team has the potential for greater things, but they're settling because they're content. Pass game has declined two years in a row, are we really expecting a drastic change for the better? Defense will be improved and that's a good thing because we're going to need them again to keep some games low scoring.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
People want to say Dak is a great QB..... When the team goes 8-8 or 9-7 this year & 4 or 5 of those losses are because are QB got outplayed I am hoping that will change the narrative.
Who, exactly, here, wants to say Dak is a great QB?
If there is someone out there who wants to say he's great, hollah and brings me as dollah!
So romo, who?

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
People want to say Dak is a great QB..... When the team goes 8-8 or 9-7 this year & 4 or 5 of those losses are because are QB got outplayed I am hoping that will change the narrative.
Surely, as a supposed Dallas Cowboys fan, you should be hoping that you are wrong about Dak and we have a successful season.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
I think the overall talent level is a little better. I felt that the talent level already was pretty good. I think every year Garrett gets slightly better as a coach....very slightly.... baby steps.

But.....

The schedule is brutal. And while I am a big Dallas Cowboy fan I try to not let my love for the football team blind me. I think a lot of people are overrating the team this year. I think they go 9-7 or 8-8 and barely miss the playoffs. I think everyone is going to blame the head coach & QB. I think it will be the same feeling that we all had after the Titans game.

Also the team was very healthy last year.... which probably means the team is due for more injuries this year. Whether it's Amari or Zeke or whoever the team has shown that it has a hard time winning games unless everything is perfect.

1. Giants = Win

2. At Commanders= Loss

3. Dolphins= Win

4. At Saints= Loss

5. Packers= Heartbreaking Loss

6. At Jets= Win

7. Eagles= Win

8. At Giants= Loss

9. Vikings= Win

10. At Lions= Win

11. At Patriots= Loss

12. Bills= Win

13. At Bears= Loss

14. Rams= Win

15. At Eagles= Loss

16. Commanders= Win
So you have us losing to the Commanders, Packers, Giants and Bears. No way we lose all 4 of those.