How has coaching incompetence changed your enjoyment of Cowboys games?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
for me, it is a lot.
on some level, it has become hard to watch.
like the special teams last game not adjusting to the weather after any idiot watching the game knows better.
like garrett kicking the field goal instead of going for the touchdown with little time left and losing by 7.
i can almost count on some strategic mistake that tries hard to turn victory into defeat.
and there would likely be some moment in the game where i would be in disbelief as i watch the action unfold - thinking 'they could not be seriously doing that'

It has reduced my fan hood by greater than 50 pct. I often find myself rooting for a Dallas screw up. Anything to embarrass the coach and owner.

catiii

Reaction score
why did our kicker keep banging it out of the end zone? It would have been nice to see if the Pats might muff one of those. Maybe get good field position.
Garrett controls THAT too. I'm not being sarcastic. He tells him what to do just like he tells Moore to run or pass at critical times. (Control freak)

RodeoJake

Reaction score
For a few years now, I watch our games like they're a Marx Brothers movie. When they do stupid things, I laugh. When they play well, I take them seriously.

ksadler1

Reaction score
To me it's not JUST a coaching issue that's soured me on the NFL. It's the dictator Goodell. It's the other owners rallying against Jerry for standing up to Goodell. It's Jerry's stubbornness to step aside and hire a real GM and coach. And yes, the coaching has been horrendous.

The NFL has become more and more corrupt. The games seem scripted to me now. It's no longer the best team that wins. It more a chore to watch the games anymore than enjoyment. I've said it several times this year, if the NFL folded l won't lose any sleep over it...

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:muttley:
3hnbq4.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

stiletto

Reaction score
for me, it is a lot.
like the special teams last game not adjusting to the weather after any idiot watching the game knows better.
like garrett kicking the field goal instead of going for the touchdown with little time left and losing by 7.
i can almost count on some strategic mistake that tries hard to turn victory into defeat.
and there would likely be some moment in the game where i would be in disbelief as i watch the action unfold - thinking 'they could not be seriously doing that'

I feel 100% like you. I just know there will be something stupid that happens. I still love watching the Cowboys but it sucks knowing that we will likely lose in big time situations because we are easily out witted or the other Coaches are playing Chess while ours play Checkers.

kwcool619

Reaction score
Like everyone in here, it's the fact the Garrett makes no attempt to adjust to today's NFL. His stubborness is failing him. I am thinking as you get older you get wiser, and learn from experiences. Garrett thinks just because he graduated from an Ivy League university makes him "smarter" than other coaches. Maybe book smart but common sense dumb. Trust the process? What is the process? I have no idea. How can he sleep at night knowing the epic fails in the big games?

I will continue to watch games. But there is not much enjoyment in knowing our talented team has no identity, vision or direction for success in each game.

CB61

Reaction score
for me, it is a lot.
Well I used to get real upset when Cowboys lost games but it's hard to anymore it's almost a freaking comedy show then they reel you back in with a signature win and make playoffs and lose maybe win one game every few years make it interesting only to let you down again that about sum it up?

CB61

Reaction score
And what's even worse everyone in the freaking world knows that it's fixable and that it is a coaching deficiency they'll tell you they run these games because they don't trust the players I don't buy that because I've seen different when they actually make changes so the change that needs to be made now is the coaching staff

ghosttown cowboy

Wyoming's #1 boys fan
Reaction score
I expect to be out coached and unprepared each week, a loss vs a good team is expected and a win is a nice surprise.We've been average at best for 24 years, and it's been about a decade since I've spent any money on any Cowboys gear...

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't believe I'm saying this, but it has definitely lowered the enjoyment I receive from watching the Cowboys.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’ve hated it but I’ve grown used to it for a decade plus..

We’ve had players on this team robbed by Jerry Jones forcing Garrett on us.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I'm not smart enough to be pissed about coaching details.....except trying to throw the ball on 3rd and 2 instead of running it.....I am pissed about bogus officiating that seems to be a re-occuring theme.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
McVay sucks, I can't wait until Dallas stomps a mud hole in them. I wish Dallas could beat them on Thanksgiving.

As far as the question. I enjoy the games and pull for the team to win. I don't act like a little B after the games and cry and whine about everything. I actually re-watch the games and don't let announcers, disgruntled fans and sport writers dictate to me narrative. I need a good Irish whiskey after reading all this drivel. Good Grief.

I am going to break the seal on Midleton Barry Crockett and sip a little. I was saving it for the play-offs but tonight is the night.

The field goal was the correct decision. The defense held and put the Ball back in Dak's hand. The dang referees was the drive killer.

for me, it is a lot.

Last edited: