How is Crawford still on the roster?

Kaiser

Reaction score
Ooh! Nice diversion attempt when you have no valid answers. Make up more lies.

Another failure.

Who is signing today that needs more than that? Any 30 Million dollar a year CBs out there that I missed?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL. I have never been a fan. Especially Crawford at DE. He is at best a backup , straight line 3T. Nothing more. You can't pay him $9MM. Since they are so thin at DT I would considering going to him with a 3/4 million take it or leave it contract. If he does not agree, cut him.

They just signed an actual 3T defensive tackle for about $6 million a year. A multi-time Pro Bowler who played all 16 games last year and is still a force. No need to pay what amounts to his backup $3-$4 million.

Kaiser

Reaction score
They just signed an actual 3T defensive tackle for about $6 million a year. A multi-time Pro Bowler who played all 16 games last year and is still a force. No need to pay what amounts to his backup $3-$4 million.

Who is signing today that needs more than that? Any 30 Million dollar a year CBs out there that I missed?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That's no reason to keep bad contracts on your cap. Do better. Try harder. Make an effort.

Again I will pin you down. Where's the advantage?

Why not do what smart teams are doing and clear that room now when the players are there to be signed?

And if it doesn't work on that paycut, why not do right by this team leader and let him find his new home when teams have money to spend?

Once again, I won't expect you to answer. Even you don't have a valid excuse to make up.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Once again, I won't expect you to answer. Even you don't have a valid excuse to make up.

I answered in post 8 and the answer has been obvious for months. To everyone except the obsessed pants wetters.

Kaiser

Reaction score
No answer yet again. At least you're consistent.

Post 8 of this worthless thread.

giphy.gif

Whyjerry

Reaction score

32 years old...

garyv

Reaction score
I'm sure Crawford is not worried at all he has three options

1) Gets to play for Cowboys with his current contract
2) Gets to play with the Cowboys on a lower reconstructed contract
3) Signs with the Raiders

Ha Ha Ha

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Was wondering the same but Broaddus seems to think the lack of production from D-Law last year was because Crawford wasn't next to him. Thinks he is criminally underrated by this fanbase.

He is. Thats why the last staff liked him and that's why this staff has not cut him and they are not going to cut him.
I like Stash and agree with him on most topics, but I think Crawford must have teased him as a child, because he is way too obsessed about this guy.

Aven8

Reaction score
Amid all of this team's moves, how is it that this guy is still sitting here counting $9.1 million against the cap?

Word is they reworked Zeke and Collins' contracts to free up money. Why has nothing been done on this obvious mistake?

I know it's me, and I know it's beating a dead horse for me, but it's also a valid question!

For all of the good moves they have made, why is nothing being done here?

Why has this team not make the painfully obvious move of doing something about this contract? Other teams have made measures to cut costs and dead weight, and out worst contract sits on the books? Why?

He try’s real hard??

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Amid all of this team's moves, how is it that this guy is still sitting here counting $9.1 million against the cap?

Word is they reworked Zeke and Collins' contracts to free up money. Why has nothing been done on this obvious mistake?

I know it's me, and I know it's beating a dead horse for me, but it's also a valid question!

For all of the good moves they have made, why is nothing being done here?

Why has this team not make the painfully obvious move of doing something about this contract? Other teams have made measures to cut costs and dead weight, and out worst contract sits on the books? Why?

Cutting Crawford would save the Cowboys $8M in salary......that amount would have paid 70% of signing BOTH DT Gerald McCoy and DT Danny Shelton.......or estimating about 60% of signing BOTH DT Gerald McCoy and DT Snacks Harrison.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cutting Crawford would save the Cowboys $8M in salary......that amount would have paid 70% of signing BOTH DT Gerald McCoy and DT Danny Shelton.......or estimating about 60% of signing BOTH DT Gerald McCoy and DT Snacks Harrison.

And something they had every opportunity to do last year. Something I was also campaigning for back then, and being given these same excuses by the forum cheerleaders.

How'd that work out for ya kids?

Kaiser

Reaction score
He is. Thats why the last staff liked him and that's why this staff has not cut him and they are not going to cut him.
I like Stash and agree with him on most topics, but I think Crawford must have teased him as a child, because he is way too obsessed about this guy.

I think we are getting to the stage called "Show us on the doll where Crawford hurt you"

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm just tired of wasting tens of millions of dollars and roster spots on bad football players.

And if you look at the entire Crawford situation?

I'm the guy proven right. Again, and again, and again.

giphy.gif

Sydla

Reaction score
They should have cut him and brought in Danny Shelton. Shelton at the 1T, McCoy next to him, Lawrence outside? That would have been a good start to the front four. You'd have Woods as a backup 1T, maybe Hill finds something and you can still draft a DT in a few months.

But my god, their love affair with Crawford.