How long before the Cowboys win a SB?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are nearing Valhalla and with the continued drafting of Guru McClay we shall abide there among the Lombardy's.

LOL man what Valhalla you talking about and who's the Guru McClay ????
McClay has done what exactly to be considered a Guru???????? The selections of Byron,Gregory,Jaylon,Taco,Collins,Trapper are still up in the air if they were successful picks and he's a Guru all of sudden .....man unless the above names become Stud starters Will is a HUGE FLOP come draft day!
Jerry Jones i know its you posting under the waving monkey name....lol...

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I explicitly do not give him a pass for the performance of the defense, and I never have. It's what's kept his good teams from being great teams. That's pretty obvious.

The difference between my take and most peoples' is that I don't think that's a good reason for firing him. I'd rather just improve the defense.
I don’t think he manages the game very well and he doesn’t think it is something that needs to improve. Therefore, I have no confidence he won’t mess up basic strategy that helps turn a possible playoff win into a loss, regardless of how well the roster is built. He will still be a liability that roster needs to overcome when the whistle blows. And for that reason, I would like him replaced.

Pants

Reaction score
226 days....but tomorrow, it will be 225 days.....

Sydla

Reaction score
I explicitly do not give him a pass for the performance of the defense, and I never have. It's what's kept his good teams from being great teams. That's pretty obvious.

The difference between my take and most peoples' is that I don't think that's a good reason for firing him. I'd rather just improve the defense.

You just basically gave him a pass for the defense right here. "I'd rather just improve the defense"............. he's partly responsible for improving the defense. And he hasn't been able to do it for 7 years now.

You are always quick to make sure people give him credit for player acquisitions, player development and the plan he has put in place and stability he has brought and often point to the offense as proof. Well what about his input on defensive player acquisitions? What about his player development on defense? How come that never enters the equation?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Let me chug my favorite blue koolaide, gulp!!

In 19 games...:starspin:

Praxit

Reaction score
Man!,we got some regular amped up 'fire pissers' in that defensive backfield that not only can but,will direct the games outcome towards our favor:starspin:

*have a little faith,BABY:thumbup:*
.... I hear you, man. I really hope so. Its been tough being a cowboy fan for the last 20 yrs. It was better before.. ;)..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think the Cowboys will win a Super Bowl within the next three years and could be as soon at this year. In fact I'll be a bit surprised if they don't win one within 3 years and at least appear in the SB twice within the next five years.
agreed. three years....

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You just basically gave him a pass for the defense right here. "I'd rather just improve the defense"............. he's partly responsible for improving the defense. And he hasn't been able to do it for 7 years now.

You are always quick to make sure people give him credit for player acquisitions, player development and the plan he has put in place and stability he has brought and often point to the offense as proof. Well what about his input on defensive player acquisitions? What about his player development on defense? How come that never enters the equation?

Recognizing an area where a coach needs to improve his team but not wanting him ****-canned because of it is not 'basically giving him a pass.' I look at the team as a whole when I evaluate the HC.

His teams are, what, 75-80th percentile in the league for wins. He's posted 12 and 13 win seasons. The offense has been very productive relative to the rest of the league, and the defense has actually improved on a points/series basis from one of the very worst in franchise history to 17th last season (points/defensive series basis). The roster is young and the cap is in good shape.

Of course he bears responsibility for the defense not being better. If it doesn't improve, it'll be the thing that gets him fired, since it's what's kept his good teams from advancing in the playoffs. And I've been saying that for years now. I'd still rather have the known coach with the one obvious liability over the sort of wildcard Jones is likely to install if he makes a change.

JBond

Reaction score
2025. Thirty years between Championships sounds about right.

Verdict

Reaction score
Recognizing an area where a coach needs to improve his team but not wanting him ****-canned because of it is not 'basically giving him a pass.' I look at the team as a whole when I evaluate the HC.

His teams are, what, 75-80th percentile in the league for wins. He's posted 12 and 13 win seasons. The offense has been very productive relative to the rest of the league, and the defense has actually improved on a points/series basis from one of the very worst in franchise history to 17th last season (points/defensive series basis). The roster is young and the cap is in good shape.

Of course he bears responsibility for the defense not being better. If it doesn't improve, it'll be the thing that gets him fired, since it's what's kept his good teams from advancing in the playoffs. And I've been saying that for years now. I'd still rather have the known coach with the one obvious liability over the sort of wildcard Jones is likely to install if he makes a change.

Very reasonable position. That's where so am on him. Plus he's not an idiot. He is getting better every year.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very reasonable position. That's where so am on him. Plus he's not an idiot. He is getting better every year.

Yeah. It took him a while to sort things out, and he had some otj learning to do, but he has improved.

visionary

Reaction score

You were spewing this same crap 3 years ago and 4 years ago and 5 years ago and 6........

Give it a rest
No one (except the total idiots) care for your trumped up excuses for this garbage HC