How long u been a cowboys fan?

groverat

Reaction score
I remember being 6-years-old jumping up and down when I saw the Cowboys draft Danny Noonan from Nebraska.

I had no affection for either Noonan or Nebraska, but I was little and got caught up in the whole thing as my dad was watching it.

Danny Noonan!

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
born in '75. been a fan since my dad brought home a pair of cleats signed by #12 when i was four. my old man had been captian of the soccer team at the naval academy while roger was leading navy's football team.

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
Since 1964 and it was the glamour of Dallas that first attracted me. That sounds funny unless you saw them then. Dallas stunk their first two seasons, a no draft first season geting stuck with every teams cast offs. Coach Laundry trying to build with his players using his then innovative strategys. But there was something there that stuck with me till Dallas finally lost the can't win the big one tag with their first SB wins in the 70s. In 64 I was 12 and my familys following of football was limmited to watching the Navy / Army game. (;)) But there was something there and I have followed them ever since. Through the death march seasons of 88 and 89 and the thrills of the 70s and 90s. A lot of good players and some truely bad ones but the good ones and the one year wonders always gave me hope. Somehow, someday Dallas would be #1 and I do believe that it will happen again.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
The week before Super Bowl 12. There was an argument on the school bus between Denver and Dallas fans and I chose the Dallas side.

cabry32

Reaction score
I been a Cowboys fan since 1977. Twenty nine years and only I'm thirty-two years ago.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
junk said:
No offense, but I love these comments about "I've been a Cowboys fan since I was born"

You don't know any better when it comes to crapping your pants, but you can make the decision to be a Cowboys fan.

:laugh2:

:lmao2: yeah, I kinda doubt those saying they were fans since they were 3, 4, 5 years old, maybe their parents put jerseys on them and sat them on their lap watching Cowboy games, but I think they really didn't understand what was going on and that they caught the fever a little later

Coy

Reaction score
22 years, the first season I remember was in 1984 when we got beat by the then L.A. Rams in the payoffs.

Silverstar

Reaction score
28 years...

SB XII was the first Cowboys game I remember watching on TV. My Father was not a big football fan back then, but the Cowboys were a Texas team so we wanted them to win. I don't remember much about the game, only that Dallas won and that made us all happy. Soon after, my parents bought me a (white) Cowboys jersey #12 and it was official. I was only 9 years old and that jersey didn't even last six months, because I wore it almost everyday. :)

:starspin

tyke1doe

Reaction score
As a child who grew up in the Washington, D.C., area, I was a staunch Commanders fan. I hated the Cowboys and Roger Staubach with a passion.

And then the Cowboys drafted Tony Dorsett. I don't know what happened but instantly I became a Cowboys fan.

I have never looked back since. :D

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
:lmao2: yeah, I kinda doubt those saying they were fans since they were 3, 4, 5 years old, maybe their parents put jerseys on them and sat them on their lap watching Cowboy games, but I think they really didn't understand what was going on and that they caught the fever a little later

i agree with this 110% :lmao:

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
When I was 3 years old, all that I wanted for Christmas was a Dallas Cowboys belt buckle. Of course, I got that and other things. I found it not all that long ago.

Since birth! :)

silver

Reaction score
don't know exactly but i remember the likes of bob lily, roger staubach, preston pearson and of course drew pearson. 73?