How long u been a cowboys fan?

Mash

Reaction score
At least 35 years and counting......as a kid I remember playing football all the time and acting out my Dallas Cowboys hero's....

Damn....time flies by quickly.....

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
First game I ever watched was the NFC Championship game against SF. "The catch". Very tough loss....first time in any sport I really felt something when watching sports.

My heart hurt. After the game was over, I knew I was a Cowboy fan forever.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Been a fan pretty much my whole life. My parents were Cowboy fans from East Texas, and while we had moved away from the state... they remained steadfast in their support of the Cowboys.

As a young child I would sit with Mom and Dad and watch Roger Staubach, Tony Dorsett, Newhouse, Hill, Pearson, Richards, etc. and just fell in love with them.

There was never any doubt that my team was the Cowboys and I've never even liked another NFL team. A lot of fans have their "second favorite" team... well not me. There was Dallas and then everyone else... and everyone else could go to hell. :D

BybeeBlitz

Reaction score
I've been a fan since the 91 season when I was 7 and I till remember the Detroit game where Aikman went out with the concussion and Beurlein replaced him. So yeah, I've seen the glory years and I was spoiled by them. The triplets were my heroes and Kenneth Gant was also one of my favs.

acheman

Reaction score
Since 1976. I was 5 at the time. So 30 years, and still going and and going and going.:star: :starspin :star:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Some where around 75, 76 or 77 when I saw my first football game on TV. It was Thanksgiving day and I have no idea who we played. I was about 7 or 8 at the time.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Since I was 10 years old, the year they drafted Bob Lilly.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:
Wow, at least your honest. First time I've ever seen someone admit that their a bandwagon fan.....your the reason we Cowboy fans have the "Bandwagon" brand, lol.

What team did you jump ship from?

well none really, I'm from South Carolina, we don't have a pro team of any sort, I just say I'm a bandwagon jumper because I started rooting for them once they won the Super Bowl, but hey, I was 10 years old

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Been a Cowboys fan for 40 yrs, ... I was 12 when I saw the light.

I rose up out of the rubble of Steelers country.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
stealth said:
since hershell walker's first season with us
Good man, ... Herschel is one of, if not my favorite Cowboy of all time.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
my whole life.

started watching games when i was around 8 years old in the mid 1980's.

CactusCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
My father got and still has season tickets from day 1 in 1960. I became a fan at about 5 years old.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
been a fan long enough to remember my dad screaming at Landry
for alternating LeBaron and Meredith every other play...
stayed a fan long enough to remember my dad screaming at Landry
for alternating Morton and Staubach every other play ...
continued being a fan when Landry was screaming NO DANNY NO....
suffered as a fan when Bum Bright bought the team
thought i was going to die when Landry got fired but stuck with em
enjoyed the 90's immensely
and will be a fan till the day i die. maybe even after if its allowed.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Came to this country in 86, was told I needed a football team to follow - had only ever heard of the Cowboys, Steelers and Raiders. So naturaly I became a Cowboy fan. I think that was the year Walker came as well, and he was the first player I surported....

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since I saw Hayes running the fly pattern....alone.:D

Social D

Reaction score
Ever since my brother ran into my room saying the Dallas Cowboys hired a new head coach named Jimmy Johnson, and he was working them out hard. I was like 8 or 9. I always liked them living in Texas, but didn't really start following the team till then.

:starspin:bow:

Skip

Reaction score
T.O81 said:
i been a cowboys fan since i was about 11-12 years old. i grew up seein emmit,deion,troy,irvin,sanders etc.

Became a Cowboys fan before they started playing and when they got Dandy Don that solidified it. Actually was a Dallas Texan fan before they became the Chiefs.