How many bad contracts do we have left?

Flamma

Reaction score
Sadly the cowboys do. Don’t forget first rounders are 5 years.

It's a disadvantage to wait 4 years whether there's a 5th year option or not. You won't have that 4th year to dump signing bonus money on. Remember, even if they sign after 3 years, they still have to play out the rest of that rookie deal for rookie money.

This is not usually something you do with players that you have doubts about. How many players on the Cowboys did they know for sure they were signing to a second contract? If Diggs has a good year, he would be one of them.

He’s next up

Lamar is past due. He's in the same draft class as Josh Allen. Every one of these star quarterbacks were signed after their 3rd year. Allen, Mahomes, Wilson, Watson, even Wentz and Goff. You know who wasn't? Sam Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen, Daniel Jones, and Lamar Jackson. Right now he's in the same situation Jameis Winston found himself with the Bucs. Looking at playing through his 5th year option, and out the door. Well, I don't know if he's out the door yet, but the Ravens have to have serious doubts at this point.

The QB up right now is Kyler Murray. And he's pushing for an extension or to be traded to a team willing to give him one.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Prescott......This contract actually increased the QB payouts in the NFL as it is that bad!
We will be paying for this lemon long after inept Prescott is gone....
Zeke (but he has earned a large % of this money since 2016 having to carry this offense)
D-Law(Totally overrated as a DE.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Jerry isn’t afraid to splash the cash & give out big contracts, & that’s not always a bad thing. For example, Zach Martin has a cap hit of $21.1 million while Tyron Smith is at $17.5M, La’el Collins checks in at $15.2M in 2022.

According to PFF, the Cowboys’ offensive line was the No. 1-ranked unit in the NFL last season, w/those three players, specifically, graded at an impressive 94.2, 91.9, & 84.0, respectively. That’s production worth paying for, so Jones gets credit for that. But many fans have so much hate for the man, they only point out his flaws while over looking his progress. "Jerry's cheap " etc.... PLEEZ

The problem with that principal is that the O-Line is a unit and only performs to the abilities of the weak link. The NFL will find you out...come on down Williams and Biadasz. Maybe Ranked no.1, but was one of the main contributory factors in our struggles later on in the season and play-off exit.

Jerry's model is to start small and restructure to the hilt, just like remortgaging, the debt has to be paid in the end.

The way to judge Jerry's view on spending is....he was willing to give money to splash the cash on Gregory, but didnt think the position, or the ability to pass rusher was worth the money to pivot to: Smith, Jones, Miller or Wagner.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dak and Zeke .
Can you imagine any real NFL GM having both of these horrible contracts to deal with.
When you over pay for minor league talent it doesnt take long to become little league.
I still laugh when fans speak of "culture" when referring to players, when the same "culture" reference should be directed towards the FO that has been pretending to
make quality decisions lately, like 26.5 lately.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Prescott......This contract actually increased the QB payouts in the NFL as it is that bad!
We will be paying for this lemon long after inept Prescott is gone....
Zeke (but he has earned a large % of this money since 2016 having to carry this offense)
D-Law(Totally overrated as a DE.
Scary part Pappy is how much of Cowboys Nation, this generation of Cowboys Nation just buys in and supports what we have been disputing for a few decades now.
That is what upsets me the most as a Cowboy faithful for life fan.
I was fortunate enough to be a part of the Doomsday Defense era, and our most recent touch of success with Jimmy and Switzer staying late to sweep the floors.
BTW,, Switz was such a cool dude that he ate a hot dog on the sideline during that last one.

Motorola

Reaction score
It's a disadvantage to wait 4 years whether there's a 5th year option or not. You won't have that 4th year to dump signing bonus money on. Remember, even if they sign after 3 years, they still have to play out the rest of that rookie deal for rookie money.

This is not usually something you do with players that you have doubts about. How many players on the Cowboys did they know for sure they were signing to a second contract? If Diggs has a good year, he would be one of them.

Lamar is past due. He's in the same draft class as Josh Allen. Every one of these star quarterbacks were signed after their 3rd year. Allen, Mahomes, Wilson, Watson, even Wentz and Goff. You know who wasn't? Sam Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen, Daniel Jones, and Lamar Jackson. Right now he's in the same situation Jameis Winston found himself with the Bucs. Looking at playing through his 5th year option, and out the door. Well, I don't know if he's out the door yet, but the Ravens have to have serious doubts at this point.

The QB up right now is Kyler Murray. And he's pushing for an extension or to be traded to a team willing to give him one.
The absence of a new deal for Jackson is not the Ravens hesitating - it's the QB not wanting to sit down at table yet. (I believe he and his mother together represent him - no other person is an agent.)
Jackson probably looked at what Deshaun Watson got from the Browns....and is sitting back, figuring out what type of offer he could ask for along those lines. (I'm not stating he would request something similar- just have one aspect of that contract in mind = guaranteed $$$$$.)

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
The absence of a new deal for Jackson is not the Ravens hesitating - it's the QB not wanting to sit down at table yet. (I believe he and his mother together represent him - no other person is an agent.)

There has to be a reason for that. That goes against common sense. If that's the case then my guess is that they already made an offer that was not market value. Because there isn't a chance anyone passes up 40M a year after 2020 for no reason at all, and just puts it off.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Jackson probably looked at what Deshaun Watson got from the Browns....and is sitting back, figuring out what type of offer he could ask for along those lines. (I'm not stating he would request something similar- just have one aspect of that contract in mind = guaranteed $$$$$.)
Felicia Jones Lamar Jackson’s mom has been his business partner ever since the Ravens selected the quarterback in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft. In that time, the two have sealed deals with a number of different brands. But is Felicia Jones ready to step to the plate and negotiate with the owners of an NFL team? According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, she does have her work cut out for her.
https://brobible.com/sports/article...ent/?msclkid=dd4d6b96b8a211ec9422cf890eb905df

Motorola

Reaction score
There has to be a reason for that. That goes against common sense. If that's the case then my guess is that they already made an offer that was not market value. Because there isn't a chance anyone passes up 40M a year after 2020 for no reason at all, and just puts it off.
Pulled up an article by Sports Illustrated reporter Dan Lyons (March 4th). He responded to speculation by Ian Rappaport that the Ravens GM Eric DeCosta is ready to negotiate - but Jackson isn't.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Pulled up an article by Sports Illustrated reporter Dan Lyons (March 4th). He responded to speculation by Ian Rappaport that the Ravens GM Eric DeCosta is ready to negotiate - but Jackson isn't.
Just thought it was pretty cool that Lamar loves and believes in his Mom.
Bet that loyalty pays off more than money for both.

Flamma

Reaction score

I don't know what link I can and can't post, so I won't. But apparently you're right. I found an article dated March 30th. They said his situation is as unique as hell. That he's less concerned about money than winning. And other stuff similar to that. Now I'm going to go and eat a Carolina reaper to punish myself.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2022...s-the-ravens-and-isnt-thinking-about-leaving/

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don't know what link I can and can't post, so I won't. But apparently you're right. I found an article dated March 30th. They said his situation is as unique as hell. That he's less concerned about money than winning. And other stuff similar to that. Now I'm going to go and eat a Carolina reaper to punish myself.
Those Reapers are hot no doubt, had just 1 about 30 years ago, thought it was about as hot as that pepper in Jamaica.. something Bell, just remembered that it stung like H...

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Just put it in the link, and it will either allow you or deny you.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
Those Reapers are hot no doubt, had just 1 about 30 years ago, thought it was about as hot as that pepper in Jamaica.. something Bell, just remembered that it stung like H...

The Scotch Bonnet? From Jamaica I mean. But I don't think you're talking about the Reaper. If you're not really used to eating a lot of really hot stuff, and I mean super hot stuff, 1 Reaper would put you in agony. You wouldn't need to, but you might think a hospital visit is necessary. Then once that pain is over, your stomach suffers for a few more hours. Also sending people to the hospital, and also unnecessary. But people get scared.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The Scotch Bonnet? From Jamaica I mean. But I don't think you're talking about the Reaper. If you're not really used to eating a lot of really hot stuff, and I mean super hot stuff, 1 Reaper would put you in agony. You wouldn't need to, but you might think a hospital visit is necessary. Then once that pain is over, your stomach suffers for a few more hours. Also sending people to the hospital, and also unnecessary. But people get scared.
Ha , you made my night,, and you are right.. the Scotch Bonnet plays second fiddle to the Reaper.

Motorola

Reaction score

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2022...s-the-ravens-and-isnt-thinking-about-leaving/
One of my best friends is originally from South Carolina (Union). For several years he had a vegetable garden. He never mentioned that pepper and its origin.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
One of my best friends is originally from South Carolina (Union). For several years he had a vegetable garden. He never mentioned that pepper and its origin.
He probably wanted to forget about it..
You have to really have a high tolerance for the heat, my mother in law lived to be 101 and she would eat 4-5 habenero peppers every day like candy.

Flamma

Reaction score

Yeah, it's not a pepper to snack on. I eat a lot of hot stuff, completed several challenges. The pain I receive from the Carolina Reaper remains exquisite. Any super hot pepper for that matter.