How many dollar general stores are in or being built in your basic area?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Well he was a politician so there you are. Now as regards inflation, no its not been a living wage for a long time.
and since nothing has really been done about THAT, anyone claiming that it is more than a starting wage is a fool
It hasn’t been a living wage for a long time due to other politicians preventing it from remaining so. So there’s that.

I also never claimed it IS more than a starting wage. I said it was intended to be a living wage. Intended.

Before calling other people fools, you should read their words more carefully.

jsb357

Reaction score
ppppppasdfasdcopy-648fb6d5d3ba1.jpg

rags747

Reaction score
It hasn’t been a living wage for a long time due to other politicians preventing it from remaining so. So there’s that.

I also never claimed it IS more than a starting wage. I said it was intended to be a living wage. Intended.

Before calling other people fools, you should read their words more carefully.
Do you know what the Federal minimum wage is these days?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I run a medical laboratory, and I tell my staff that if they are going to complain about something then they also need to come forth with legitimate solutions.
In a case like that, I can understand it. But if you were to tell me you're upset about America's debt, I wouldn't expect you to come up with a solution.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I run a medical laboratory, and I tell my staff that if they are going to complain about something then they also need to come forth with legitimate solutions.
Fair enough. Though I think that discussing details of solutions would violate forum rules on the P word. As there is bound to be a wide degree of varying opinions on the steps that should be taken.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Good responses, and basically already everything I would have said. A detailed answer for a complex world problem on a football board? Boy, high expectations! Don’t let me be here when we start arguing about how to change the tax code!

Do you have a solution in mind for this?
Does he need a solution to point out a problem?
In a case like that, I can understand it. But if you were to tell me you're upset about America's debt, I wouldn't expect you to come up with a solution.
Fair enough. Though I think that discussing details of solutions would violate forum rules on the P word. As there is bound to be a wide degree of varying opinions on the steps that should be taken.

jsb357

Reaction score
Dollar Stores prove that people are willing to pay more for a 2 liter soda and a bag of chips
if they don't have to walk 200 yards from their parking spot to the back of the store followed
by standing in line for 10 minutes to buy two item like certain "megamart" stores.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dollar Stores prove that people are willing to pay more for a 2 liter soda and a bag of chips
if they don't have to walk 200 yards from their parking spot to the back of the store followed
by standing in line for 10 minutes to buy two item like certain "megamart" stores.
I think it’s more about having the upfront $ to go to a megamart store.

Don’t get me wrong. My wife and I get a lot of our stuff from BJ’s warehouse. I love that store. But you have to have the money upfront to buy bulk items of things. It can be very expensive INITIALLY.

However, it does save you money in the long run over the course of time.

The problem for many people is they don’t have that money initially to spend $15 on enough coke to last them all month.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Don't forget that after waiting 30 minutes, you also have to check your own self out. :muttley:

rynochop

Reaction score
There's always a DG or family dollar getting robbed here. I have to assume a lot are inside jobs