CZ POLL How many games will Elliott be suspended after Henderson's appeal ruling?

How many games will Elliott be suspended after Henderson's appeal ruling?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
I think the NFL has scope to marginally reduce the suspension in return for cooperation with things like attending anger management and doing community service.
This is interesting. I wouldn't at all be surprised if the NFL, trying to save face, have him go to an anger management class and/or drug class for admitting he did drugs in college just to feel the NFL got some type of win out of this.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
It's going to be all or nothing. There's no in between since this is a DV case, he either did it or he didn't.

I fully expect Henderson to rubberstamp Goodell's original 6 game sentence like a good yes-man would.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Henderson has an opportunity to clear his participation in this conspiracy by doing the right thing and vacating the suspension. With the info that was leaked from the appeals hearing, no reasonable arbitrator would uphold a 6 game suspension.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I said 2, but this is as open-shut a case as there has ever been. Either he did it or didn't, so it should be either 6 or 0.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wanted there to be a option of 6...OR MORE.

I think after the NFL get's it's way legally, which always seems to happen no matter how many times forum lawyers or people in the media says something else will happen...The nfl will grow even more bold and add a game or two just to shove it down the fans throat.

mschmidt64

Reaction score
I'm unclear about some technicalities. If Henderson reduces, say to 2 games, does Elliott face a choice of accepting the 2 games, or putting 6 back on the table by appealing to the federal court?

Does his appeal to the federal court re-instate the 6 games, or will it never be worse than 2 if that's what Henderson lowers it to?

flosho

Reaction score
I voted 2 but I agree with a lot of people that say 6 or nothing. If they try to spin away from DV charge and just general poor conduct it gets reduced to 2 games...

Side question: If the suspension is vacated, does Elliott still pursue legal rulings that the entire process has been botched and the system is **** or do they just ride off into the sunset and not ever worry about it again?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I'm unclear about some technicalities. If Henderson reduces, say to 2 games, does Elliott face a choice of accepting the 2 games, or putting 6 back on the table by appealing to the federal court?

Does his appeal to the federal court re-instate the 6 games, or will it never be worse than 2 if that's what Henderson lowers it to?
It would stay at 2.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Henderson has an opportunity to clear his participation in this conspiracy by doing the right thing and vacating the suspension. With the info that was leaked from the appeals hearing, no reasonable arbitrator would uphold a 6 game suspension.
this is my sentiment exactly, if HH is truly independent, then perceived repercussions stemming from his decision to vacate should not weight into his decision

if he upholds or reduces to anything other than 0, it will be clear to me that HH is on the NFL payroll, so to speak, in some capacity

The Natural

Reaction score
It's going to be all or nothing. There's no in between since this is a DV case, he either did it or he didn't.

I fully expect Henderson to rubberstamp Goodell's original 6 game sentence like a good yes-man would.
this

jday

Reaction score
I think there's a chance Henderson vacates the ruling and then Goodell ignores his recommendation and upholds it, so the same end result :D
I was not aware Goodell could do that... someone get me an aspirin...

Status
Not open for further replies.