CZ POLL How many games will Elliott be suspended after Henderson's appeal ruling?

How many games will Elliott be suspended after Henderson's appeal ruling?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
bucs dolphins game cancelled

maybe they were wanting to announce that before Zeke?

Reaction score
Im listening to Mike Francessa on WFAN and he just told a caller zeke has a pattern and beat up his GF in college. I am confused, was he talking about TT because it didnt sound like it? Did zeke have this issue before the TT stuff?

he also said something to the effect that werder was saying yesterday that the league has more information and his suspension is about a number of things.

I think he is confused or there is something no one knows.
Werder did tweet that he read a bunch of stuff that nobody knows about. Damaging to Zeke. How much this material influenced the original 6 game suspension is anybodys guess.

TWOK11

Reaction score
The safe bet is 4 based on historical precedent.

2 wouldn't shock me if there truly isn't anything more to the NFL's case than they've shown us to date. In this case it's two games under the conduct clause exclusively and they drop the DV angle.

A complete reversal isn't happening unless it's a higher court ruling in the future.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Werder did tweet that he read a bunch of stuff that nobody knows about. Damaging to Zeke. How much this material influenced the original 6 game suspension is anybodys guess.

right, francessa was saying a similar thing, the league has more information that has not been released and all the public has heard is zeke's side via the nflpa.

TWOK11

Reaction score
right, francessa was saying a similar thing, the league has more information that has not been released and all the public has heard is zeke's side via the nflpa.

It depends entirely on what this extra evidence is. If it's simply more heresay from texts or interviews with the alleged victim, that does nothing to improve her credibility or grant validity to the accusations. If it's truly concrete evidence of abuse, are we to believe the National Football League is that much better at felony investigations than the local and state authorities of Ohio?

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Question: if the new policy for DV is 6 game minimum for first offense, shouldn't the options for appeal be either 0 or 6? Any other number would be in violation of their own policy. In this case, if the ruling is it remains at 6 games, with all of the evidence calling into question the accusations and the procedural errors, it will prove that the appeals process is utterly meaningless.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
If as I read it, only two possibilities. Either 6 or 0. Then, the NFL being more afraid of a lawsuit from Zeke for damages, will reduce it to 0.

And if the NFL reduces it to zero, you can be sure Zeke will be under the microscope both on and off the field. Expect lots of drug tests and an inordinate number of holding calls when Zeke touches the ball.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
It should be set aside, but he will uphold it at 6. It seems to me it's an all or nothing thing, either it is DV and it is six games, or it isn't and there should be none.

CWR

Reaction score
The way the appeal has drawn out Im saying 6 now. I wouldnt have said that last week though lol

Reaction score
Question: if the new policy for DV is 6 game minimum for first offense, shouldn't the options for appeal be either 0 or 6? Any other number would be in violation of their own policy. In this case, if the ruling is it remains at 6 games, with all of the evidence calling into question the accusations and the procedural errors, it will prove that the appeals process is utterly meaningless.
The 6 games can be reduced to something less considering "mitigating circumstances".

It doesn't have to be 6 or 0. It can be something in between.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
Seeing as Henderson was not a man of his word and reneged on the 4:00pm EST decision, he has shown himself to indeed be just a lapdog of Goodell. I'd like to change my choice to full 6 games - no reduction.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

If it is relevant to the case then why did they not include it in the report?

Status
Not open for further replies.