How many of you are bailing?

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Going to pull back and not get any hopes up when they beat up on bad teams.

Blackrain

Reaction score
and most times, Pat Summerall would be there to narrate Roger's heroics. I dont ever recall Tom Landry smiling as he walked off the field in big games. Do you?? Ol stoneface. Good times.
Yes brother that was the best of times only time I remember really seeing a smile on Landry's face was that first super bowl we beat Miami and they carried him off I think he smiled a little bit when they picked him up.
But yeah Tom Landry smiled about as much as Clint Eastwood in the spaghetti Westerns

Blue64

Reaction score
Too late to bail, been a fan for 53 years... but I can say for certainty that I'm not "all in"... I've just learned to except defeat and I tend to follow a couple of other teams each year that might have a chance come playoff time.
I suggest you find a couple of teams that interest you and follow them as well, heck they don't even have to be the same teams year to year, but it does make the post season more enjoyable to watch.
I've come to realize that after 28-29 years of failure that under Jones this team will not win another Championship. When JJ took over he hire Jimmy because he was hungry to make a splash and win... after winning 3 he became more interested in proving who he was as a GM than winning championships and he is a bad GM so this thing will continue to fail.
I absolutely have not expectation of a championship next year, none, this team as made up can't do it, not a championship caliber team or organization.
I like you after 50 years will not watch a game or care until this team proves itself, which it will not.
Unless JJ gives up being GM and hires, real football savvy people, the culture will not change.
As someone posted, I feel bad for the younger fans as they never got to see what the real cowboys were all about.
I’ll watch the scores and follow some other teams but I will not buy into this team or their merchandise until real changes happen.

MS17

Reaction score
Yes brother that was the best of times only time I remember really seeing a smile on Landry's face was that first super bowl we beat Miami and they carried him off I think he smiled a little bit when they picked him up.
But yeah Tom Landry smiled about as much as Clint Eastwood in the spaghetti Westerns
You got it. I had forgotten that film of Lilly and a few others carrying him off the field, 1972 SB; he had the smile, yessir. (that also ended the "Next Year's Champion" jabs). Any young fans reading our posts probably think we're off our rockers! Probably right....

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Nobody is bailing. But I have zero, and I mean zero hope for not just next year, but the foreseeable future. If this loss to Green Bay didn't phase Jerry, absolutely NOTHING will. He doesn't care. Most of the team doesn't care. Why should we? Yeah, we'll watch, with Campo-Era enthusiasm.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
How many of you are bailing?
15293737.gif

The less band wagon/fair weathered fans the better. Gone git!

I've never ONCE thought about bailing on my team. I was born into it, and I'll die still supporting it.

But for unrelated reasons, I did bail on the Spurs, Astros and now the Longhorns. The only team still standing is my Cowboys. Por vida!

Blue64

Reaction score
The great Tom Landry once said the Dallas Cowboys were like a blade of grass, every once in a while they would get mowed down by an opponent but they would always grow back.
When JJ bought the team he brought in jimmy and these team became the team of the 90’s.
Since then I have bought the hype more than once but care no longer.

I will follow the scores, but will not watch the games or buy their merchandise. Nor will I wear their merchandise, until this team proves itself, which it will not with JJ as GM…

You want to call me a hater… go ahead…
But before you do, ask yourself this.

How many SB’ s or Championship games have the hated Eagles been in since 2000?
Giants?
49ers?

Once you answer that… you’ll come to the realization that I and many others have come to.

Don’t care… until there is real change.

Blackrain

Reaction score
You got it. I had forgotten that film of Lilly and a few others carrying him off the field, 1972 SB; he had the smile, yessir. (that also ended the "Next Year's Champion" jabs). Any young fans reading our posts probably think we're off our rockers! Probably right....
That's okay it's great to relive it with somebody who was there and appreciates how it felt to see that in the moment.
Getting that next year's champion thing off our back was a huge relief.
The transition of seeing Bob Lilly so frustrated that he threw his helmet in the super bowl against the colts to watching him sack Bob griese for like a 20 plus yard loss in that win against Miami was truly epic.
But you had to watch it all happen in the moment to grasp the magnitude of what was going on and the relief he must have felt to finally become a champion.

jay94

Reaction score
Never bailing, but I will keep my expectations low, we saw plenty of evidence of that on the way with some of the competition we played up to the playoffs. I welcome a harder schedule next year, hope we play the Chiefs/Niners so we can prove ourselves, if we continue to get destroyed by teams like them we will go no where.

DominantD

Reaction score
What a stupid thread. Not planning to read any of it. Are you looking to jump but needing someone’s approval to jump?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
What a stupid thread. Not planning to read any of it. Are you looking to jump but needing someone’s approval to jump?

No, if you read it, I made it very clear the point of the thread. I was curious about how many people were because of the move. I made it very clear that I'm not going to. In fact, I made a thread today when I made clear that I'm good with the decision with Mike. I was asking the question out of curiosity.

Stak78

Reaction score
I’ll still watch the games on TV. I will not buy any merchandise and I will not pay to watch a game in Jerry World. I will also try not to get my hopes up and try not to be disappointed when they get out coached in the playoffs again.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I genuinely considered it. Right now I’m at a let’s see if they make any significant roster moves this off season stage. I’m still on the fence but as time passes I’m sure I’ll be back where I always have been.

Last edited:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I do not intend this as a call-out thread. I'm genuinely curious. With the Mike deal and Dak likely getting a deal, how many of you are bailing? As a young fan, I have no intention of that, but I could see a scenario in about 10-15 years as fans tune out this team where the Cowboys may not exist. I see on the boards fans talking about bailing or suggesting switching. This is why my curiosity is compelling me to ask this question. I do not intend for this to be treated as a call-out or what have you. I'm just curious.
Considering, how long the Cowboys have been Mediocre, most people on here would've bailed a long time ago, if they are that kind of weak fan. I'm of the stance that once you pick a team, you stick with that team forever.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Spread the word.

See, the reason that I'm not bailing, besides blind loyalty, is because I see something in this team. Something I just wrote about in a new thread that, if the team sees it the way I do, can mark a new chapter for the team. However, it only works if they see what I see.