How many of you are bailing?

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I do not intend this as a call-out thread. I'm genuinely curious. With the Mike deal and Dak likely getting a deal, how many of you are bailing? As a young fan, I have no intention of that, but I could see a scenario in about 10-15 years as fans tune out this team where the Cowboys may not exist. I see on the boards fans talking about bailing or suggesting switching. This is why my curiosity is compelling me to ask this question. I do not intend for this to be treated as a call-out or what have you. I'm just curious.
To this day, the hardest season ever to watch for the Dallas Cowboys was the final season of Tom Landry's career in 1988. Compared to that, this season was awesome.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Some younger fans that haven’t been following the team for very long may bail but not the long time fans who’ve been following the team since their childhood, especially dating back to the 60s and 70s. If you didn’t bail on them in the late 80s and early 2000s you won’t be bailing on them now. We see threads like this after every disappointing playoff loss. Fans get real down but most begin to recover by the draft in April. The wounds are usually all healed by training camp with fans gearing up for the season.

gmb1

Reaction score
I do not intend this as a call-out thread. I'm genuinely curious. With the Mike deal and Dak likely getting a deal, how many of you are bailing? As a young fan, I have no intention of that, but I could see a scenario in about 10-15 years as fans tune out this team where the Cowboys may not exist. I see on the boards fans talking about bailing or suggesting switching. This is why my curiosity is compelling me to ask this question. I do not intend for this to be treated as a call-out or what have you. I'm just curious.
I'm a 90s dynasty Cowboys fan. I don't know what this current Cowboys team is all about because it's never been a serious football organization since Jimmy left.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Not bailing for say. I've just been beat up for close to 30 years now and have become somewhat numb. Sad to say I was not fazed by this loss, I have become use to expecting it.

zack

Reaction score
I've been watching them for 43 years and I would say over the past 5 years I began to care less for what they do. This year was the first time I didn't attend a game in person when they came to town. They played the Panthers this year and I didn't waste my money to go see that game. They are coming back again next year, I think. I will not go. It's not like I plan to switch to another team because that is stupid. I don't have a favorite college team so it would be nice to just watch the NFL in general.

I haven't bought gear for probably 5 years from now. I removed all pictures, memorabilia from my office/house. I had about 20 jerseys (had not worn in 5 years) that I just put in the box this past weekend. No decals, license plate frames on my car. Maybe I need to wait a few months and start selling this stuff. By then, people will be brain washed again to think that this is the year! ;)I need to get a new debit card because I am embarrassed to use it, what a joke.

The test will be next season. Do I waste my time and energy to watch? I think it would be good to walk away. Better for the heart. Time to stop being delusional because nothing has changed and nothing will change. Dallas can't even luck their way into a NFC Championship so why waste the time.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
If we don't sign a proven run game fixer and sign atleast 2 impact free agents I'll go the way of philmonroe. @WillieBeamen I'll pop back up at seasons end after the next flop lol I don't have time for this trash anymore
Tried to tell a poster I wasn’t on here like that win or lose dude thought I was lying. Stuff is frustrating at times.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Tried to tell a poster I wasn’t on here like that win or lose dude thought I was lying. Stuff is frustrating at times.
Yea bro they bout to lose me if we still on the whole sit out day 1 of free agency beg rookies to save us crap. I stand on that

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I stuck around in the 90's when the "White House" allegations came about and then Michael Irvin's carnival court case occurred.
I stuck around for three straight 5-11 Dave Campo seasons.
I stuck around after Romo's fumbled snap in Seattle and the trip to Cabo Giants loss.
I stuck around after Jason Garrett's multiple 8-8 cruises through mediocrity.
I stuck around after Dez caught it.
I stuck around after getting my heart ripped out by Aaron Rodgers' Packers.
I am still here after the entire team thought they had a first round bye Sunday.

So, judging by all of that, another year of McCarthy and Dak sounds like a walk in the park.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
I've been a Cowboys fan for 46 years. I came close but my heart wouldn't let me. But I am disgusted with this year more than I've been since Jackie Smith dropped that pass from Roger Staubach in Superbowl XIII

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Sums up why this board is mobbed by people with nothing better to do than troll.
yeah, we waited on your guy's intelligent threads but all we saw was a bunch of crap like, what color are the uniforms this week. Did you see my hero stats, he's better than Troy or Mahomes. Then the crying threads about Jerry or fat mike.

I'm back to laughing now.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Never ......... I am a Cowboys lifer ....... Was a fan before Jerry bought the team and will be a fan after he is long dead.

Does not mean I will not call people out when they are not doing their jobs ........ does not mean I do not hate Jerry Jones ........ does not mean I will blindly support a QB and it also does not mean I will blindly hate on a QB when he is performing well.

When players are playing good I will cheer ........ when they are playing bad I will booo

This is a fandom that will never die ......... even if another 28 years pass without a SB.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Its months away but I cant see myself watching every game and hoping and dreaming and getting excited about being in 1st place mid year and all that stuff for a while. Not as long as Mike and Dak are there.