How many of you are bailing?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I do not intend this as a call-out thread. I'm genuinely curious. With the Mike deal and Dak likely getting a deal, how many of you are bailing? As a young fan, I have no intention of that, but I could see a scenario in about 10-15 years as fans tune out this team where the Cowboys may not exist. I see on the boards fans talking about bailing or suggesting switching. This is why my curiosity is compelling me to ask this question. I do not intend for this to be treated as a call-out or what have you. I'm just curious.
I will watch the games of course, but I have significantly reduced my emotional attachment to this team.

I used to get pissed after we lost, I even admit I have broken a TV controller or two when I was younger throwing it across the room, but now I just shake my head and 5 mins after the game is over I am not even thinking about it anymore.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I bailed on my college team 15 years ago...I'll do it again with this team. I have ZERO interest in 2024 because I already know the outcome with 100% certainty. I'll be cheering for Josh Allen and the Bills for the next couple weeks.
IMG-20240117-202419.gif

nobody

Reaction score
Well, since there's zero chance we make it to the SB in the 2024 season now, and likely zero chance in 2025, the pressure is off. Sit back and watch the clowns perform I guess.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I'll never not expect a loss in the playoffs. It will basically kill my enthusiasm for the team. I will watch the games but I be invested in it at a fraction of what I was before.

gtdRR

Reaction score
I'm curious enough to ask a follow-up question. If you are bailing, are you going to another team? Or are you tuning out the NFL?
My question was well.

If someone "bails" by paying less attention, not watching games, or stop buying/wearing gear. That's one thing which I can understand.

If someone "bails" by picking a different team entirely they were never a true fan in the first place so good riddance.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I do not intend this as a call-out thread. I'm genuinely curious. With the Mike deal and Dak likely getting a deal, how many of you are bailing? As a young fan, I have no intention of that, but I could see a scenario in about 10-15 years as fans tune out this team where the Cowboys may not exist. I see on the boards fans talking about bailing or suggesting switching. This is why my curiosity is compelling me to ask this question. I do not intend for this to be treated as a call-out or what have you. I'm just curious.
Apathy, it is what an impossible situation leaves you with as a fan.

KB1122

Reaction score
If they don't extend Dak, that's the real red line. If the rumor today is true and it's one more year, that's one thing. If they extend him for four years or whatever, forget it.

MM, I'm not necessarily opposed to.

Carter

Reaction score
not bailing but not letting anything happen to this team impact my emotional and mental state anymore. Before they do something in the playoffs, i wont get up to watch every game anymore

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
I can’t imagine bailing on the team I’ve been die hard over since the 90s, but I find myself watching other games and side rooting for other teams/players (obviously never against the cowboys, they are always number one) to keep some football excitement since the Cowboys are so frustrating and depressing……seems like the curse will never end with the idiot Jerry running things and bringing back a coach who’s culture was of losers when it matters. This team and culture is not made of winners, Sunday was a glaring example of this. Quinn should be investigated, made far too many scheme changes that made ZERO sense and never corrected them, it’s like he wanted us to lose so he could do interview for the Seahawks.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Of course I’m hanging in there.

I went to games at the end of the Landry era. Probably the low point was the 43-3 butt kicking against the Vikings when Kevin Sweeney was our QB. We stood and cheered on 3rd downs.

Tripping down memory lane took me back to recaps of that game. Sweeney had 96 yards, 4 INTs and was sacked six times. He had replaced Steve Pelleur by that point. Guess we were “giving him a shot”, lol.

Had the cops called on us with a noise complaint when we listened to the radio for another game when it was blacked out on TV and we were jumping up and down in a second floor apartment in Denton.

Don’t see any reason to stop being a fan now. I’ve lived through far worse than 12-5 and Dak and McCarthy and Jones.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I could see that. Plus, the Chiefs are a former Dallas team. So, I could see them getting a fair amount of Cowboy transplants.
Cowboys are becoming a huge disappointment, but I live in Dallas so the Cowboys is our home team. Can't dump 'em, but when KC isn't playing the Cowboys, the wife and I both like the Chiefs. At least that gives us 1 team with an elite QB. LOL

vicjagger

Reaction score
I deleted all my Cowboys related YouTube subscriptions and Internet Bookmarks, so it's getting pretty serious.

I will wait until their next fake dominance period to dump all the merchandise. I'm not stupid.