How many years do we give Dak?

khiladi

Reaction score
I wouldn’t spend a lot of money on Kirk Cousins in this offense.. the Commanders throw down the middle a lot and run lots of crossing routes, which we hardly do..

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Let's be real, Dallas will not be spending a premium pick on a quarterback. There is also no chance that we chase Kirk Cousins.

Washington gave up on RG3 only two years after his Rookie of the Year season. Philly dumped Foles just one year after posting a 27-2 line. Patience does sometimes work. Jacksonville stuck with Bortles and he has seemed to find himself in his 4th season.

How many many repeat seasons will this front office give Dak before they decide he is not the answer?

Maybe a better question, who is gone first - Garrett or Dak?
Actually, the more important question is how many years do we give Garrett.

Gameover

Reaction score
I got love ❤️ for Dak, but I don't think he has the mental makeup for this challenge. I say he pukes his guts out today!

Hope I'm wrong!!!!

I am the modern day babe Ruth. Called this shot right before the game started

Don't you guys wet yourselves when Romo does this? Same intensity for me!

Last edited:

Section446

Reaction score
One more year, he was amongst the worst QB's in the league this year.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
One more year, he was amongst the worst QB's in the league this year.

Just MO, but if you waste another year and Dak proves he's not the answer, you've essentially wasted two years as you'll be starting a rookie in 2019. Then you've basically wasted Zeke' s rookie deal too. Again, just MO, but there are probably 4 QBs in this draft that could go #1.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Why is Dak owed one more year or anything else for that matter? I'm not ready to throw away another season. You can't teach accuracy and the guy has no pocket presence. It's the most important position on the field and nothing else matters unless we find a QB. Giving him another season only sets the franchise back another year. Draft a QB and let them fight it out in camp.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Just MO, but if you waste another year and Dak proves he's not the answer, you've essentially wasted two years as you'll be starting a rookie in 2019. Then you've basically wasted Zeke' s rookie deal too. Again, just MO, but there are probably 4 QBs in this draft that could go #1.

You beat me to it. We just waste another season and you make a good point that we waste another season with Zeke or any other talented player on the roster. And then we have to go through the growing pains of a rookie QB and then have to find out if he's the one. There are no guarantees but the sooner we look for a QB the better off we'll be as a franchise.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Let's be real, Dallas will not be spending a premium pick on a quarterback. There is also no chance that we chase Kirk Cousins.

Washington gave up on RG3 only two years after his Rookie of the Year season. Philly dumped Foles just one year after posting a 27-2 line. Patience does sometimes work. Jacksonville stuck with Bortles and he has seemed to find himself in his 4th season.

How many many repeat seasons will this front office give Dak before they decide he is not the answer?

Maybe a better question, who is gone first - Garrett or Dak?
Garrett should be gone yesterday

That being said I would let Dak play out his contract and see where it stands. He needs better coaching and offensive scheme and an offense made for him and not Romo.

It wouldn't stop me from drafting a QB if value is there. Let him fight for his job. Personally I think he is a franchise QB but if the other QBs show promise we trade them.

I think Dak will be here a long time if a change in the coaching staff happens. If we don't upgrade they might make him the scapegoat like so many here have already done

NumOneQB

Reaction score
His contract is 2 more years so at minimum you give him that. Maybe get a new coach in here ASAP.

This is his window right here. You give him 2 more seasons. If next year plays out with the same issues we’ve seen this year, his 4th year you have to put him on a really short leash. Yank him after 4-6 games if he’s not doing well. He’s shown flashes this year and his rookie year was just phenomenal. You can’t give up on him that soon.

kevm3

Reaction score
We're going to be burning picks with this current coaching staff. Look at Goff, Keenum and Foles once they've gotten out of the grasp of Jeff Fisher. We draft another qb, we might have one surprise year and then we'll see the regression from there. If all we could manage with Romo was 2 playoff wins, then really, what is a new qb going to do? Given the right coaching, Romo had enough talent to at least get to a superbowl, but with little help from coaching, no deep playoff wins. We don't really know what we have in Dak until we get a new coach.

Noclaf

Reaction score
Why is Dak owed one more year or anything else for that matter? I'm not ready to throw away another season. You can't teach accuracy and the guy has no pocket presence. It's the most important position on the field and nothing else matters unless we find a QB. Giving him another season only sets the franchise back another year. Draft a QB and let them fight it out in camp.
1000% right, I have seen enough, he does not make guys around him better. We need a franchise QB and now!!!

Noclaf

Reaction score
This is his window right here. You give him 2 more seasons. If next year plays out with the same issues we’ve seen this year, his 4th year you have to put him on a really short leash. Yank him after 4-6 games if he’s not doing well. He’s shown flashes this year and his rookie year was just phenomenal. You can’t give up on him that soon.

He has not been good in months, he looks lost out there at times, he can't hit the side of a barn and he holds the ball and gets ton of sacks, nothing I saw over the last 8 game says he will get any better. Time to let this dream go

cej757

Reaction score
I want to see Dak with some new receivers and a Playmaking TE before I get rid of him. I just think it takes too long for these guys to get open and that makes Dak hold onto the ball. Dak's best receiver was Brice Butler this year by far. Seemed like they had a connection early and then Brice had the foot injury and it just kinda faded away.

Carson Wentz looked a lot better when he got better playmakers around him. it's time for the Cowboys to bring in some new energy at the skills position.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You give Dak one more year and in a different system.
You give them 2 or 3 games if he's not getting the job done you open up competition with Rush.
If they both look like crap you'll have a high draft pick to grab a quarterback.​

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He deserves next season with a top rated QB right next to him. The problem I see with Dak is his anticipation. He has no anticipation and trust for his QB skills and he'd better learn it quickly before the 2018 season. When a guy is running a route, you have to anticipate him being where he needs to be and let it fly before he gets there. He has to trust this part of QBing and he doesn't.

This is what they mean when they say, throw a WR open. There was a crossing route I saw that had a receiver crossing the middle with two LBS shallow, he held up the ball because he didn't trust himself to get it over those LBs and before the receivers hit the second array of safeties, so he tucked it, tried to run but all areas were closed so he tossed it out to Zeke (over thrown) pick 6. But your coaches have to coach that into him, throw it before anyone can react. If you're a coach, you have to coach. If they are coaching him to do these things yet he just can't do it, then it's time to move on from him.
Good Post.
That's what I was thinking.

Austin 3-16

Reaction score
Be nice if we had a coaching stuff you can trust. Anyway, Dak has shown he can do the business despite that. He's an elite game manager at his best and you can win it all with a guy like that. We need a better D for that to happen though.