How many years do we give Dak?

John813

Reaction score
I don't know. For a while I said one more year. After yesterday I think we should at least draft another one if one fell in any round that the scouts/coaches like.

I think he could turn it around but at the same time he has been very Weeden/Cassel bad in timidness and accuracy.

Noclaf

Reaction score
I don't know. For a while I said one more year. After yesterday I think we should at least draft another one if one fell in any round that the scouts/coaches like.

I think he could turn it around but at the same time he has been very Weeden/Cassel bad in timidness and accuracy.
They need to draft someone, Daks accuracy is so bad at times, if your WR is not standing alone then the catch is contested because he can not put it where it needs to be

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
If I am the Cowboys and I don't draft a guy high, or make a play at Cousins (or Jimmy G if he isn't signed for some reason before FA), I am trying to get Romo back on a 2 year deal.

No way am I counting on Dak as the starter next year. Not unless I am not looking to win.
Thank God u ain't running the team

dfense

Reaction score
Times up in my opinion. Going through another season of listening to the group of Dak blind faith posters who will blame 52 others players, scheme, coaching and the color of their uniforms for why Dak just can't do it is not something I want to endure for another year.

At the very least, start Cooper next week to see if its QB style in this offense thats a problem. If Coop goes 14/25 256, I will be sold. Dal has a huge timing issue. He's late with everything.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
2 more years will be enough. If you don't see noticeable improvement in those 2 years in both his play & our record, it's time to move on.

TWOK11

Reaction score
We win that game going away if you just fix one position today. And I guess you and I see the bust potential much differently in Mayfield.

Mayfield is under 6 feet, is in a league that refuses to play defense and most of his success comes from schoolyard spread ball.

Almost nothing about his game or measurables screams "NFL QB".

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Dak will probably be the QB until he gets hurt, and he will get hurt. Not wishing for injuries , but I hope Cooper Rush will look like an all pro when he gets to play.

phildadon86

Reaction score
His time would be up if it were me running things. Ive seen enough from him to know that he wont be nothing more than a game manager
Well you also wrote us off for the Oakland game so good thing you aren’t managing a damn thing

Western

Reaction score
Cut the cord.
Poor accuracy, unable to throw with anticipation (this ain't college ball - the window for receivers in the NFL is extremely short), bad footwork, & the deep passing game is non-existent.

Winning in the post-season in the NFL requires excellent QB play--Ravens of 2000, Buccaneers of 2002, and Seahawks of 2013 were anomalies.
Stop the madness & the projection of Mr. Prescott -- he is what he is.

Be bold. Get a the QB in the draft -- move up if necessary.

John813

Reaction score
Cut the cord.
Poor accuracy, unable to throw with anticipation (this ain't college ball - the window for receivers in the NFL is extremely short), bad footwork, & the deep passing game is non-existent.

Winning in the post-season in the NFL requires excellent QB play--Ravens of 2000, Buccaneers of 2002, and Seahawks of 2013 were anomalies.
Stop the madness & the projection of Mr. Prescott -- he is what he is.

Be bold. Get a the QB in the draft -- move up if necessary.

Curious to see who falls past 10, if any, and if Rosen and Darnold declare
The top 2 are more than likely set, but you got guys like Mayfield who is a polarizing prospect. Or Josh Allen from Wyoming.

Candlestick

Reaction score
Russell Wilson should be on the Kap, Dak list himself but has always had the defense bail him out and his unique slipperiness is almost impossible to shut down completely every single game.

Other than that, I see a lot of very mediocre game in Wilson that most people constantly overlook. Wilson could play behind a Cowboy OL and not do significantly better. He would waste it.

93 yards of passing and wins......my god.....only Wilson.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
A poster on another thread made the point that Dak hasn’t regressed, but rather his play has come back to his norm.

I think that’s spot on.

The reason why everyone was awestruck by Dak’s play last year is because he wasn’t that guy at Miss. State. His play spiked and he was in a perfect storm of a run-dominant team behind the league’s best offensive line.

His play the past 6-7 weeks has been downright alarming; he is not seeing the field beyond the underneath route; doesn’t feel pressure; missing recievers badly (and even when he is connecting his ball placement is erratic).

I give him next year to try to evolve but I’m not holding my breath. I hope this team (more accurately Jerry) doesn’t allow itself to be held hostage by Dak the next 2-3 years if he doesn’t progress.

Proof

Reaction score
We should move on from everyone. It’s easy to replace all players with guys who never struggle ever.