How many years do we give Dak?

starcity214

Reaction score
Funnynthing is most people wouldn't want Alex Smith but want Dak with no questions asked. You see how good ole Alex is getting treated in KC??? Maybe Dak needs that same treatment. Dak was critiquing Romo like a fan which he was and now folks doing the same to him.

At some point, Head coaches realize that you can't win with an Alex Smith type of QB. Remember Harbaugh moving on because he felt that Smith wouldn't push that team over the top. After the chiefs are one and done again this year, they will move on from Smith also Mark my words.

Being conservative can only take you so far..

mcmvp

Reaction score
Dak is the early edition of Alex Smith. He's not going to make mistakes. Efficient. Good numbers. Not likely to make many highlight reels.

Not sure these really apply to him as much as they once did. Defenses are playing him differently...and he has made his share of mistakes. His passing efficiency rating has slipped considerably

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's be real, Dallas will not be spending a premium pick on a quarterback. There is also no chance that we chase Kirk Cousins.

Washington gave up on RG3 only two years after his Rookie of the Year season. Philly dumped Foles just one year after posting a 27-2 line. Patience does sometimes work. Jacksonville stuck with Bortles and he has seemed to find himself in his 4th season.

How many many repeat seasons will this front office give Dak before they decide he is not the answer?

Maybe a better question, who is gone first - Garrett or Dak?

Please give him 1 season with a legit #1 WR.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
At some point, Head coaches realize that you can't win with an Alex Smith type of QB. Remember Harbaugh moving on because he felt that Smith wouldn't push that team over the top. After the chiefs are one and done again this year, they will move on from Smith also Mark my words.

They already drafted his replacement in the first round. We know his time is up and honeslty I wouldn't be but so mad if they did the same to Dak. If they did it to a sure HOF in Drew Brees when he was younger why couldn't/shouldn't it potentially happen to Dak who I don't think nobody sees as a Brees type QB. Unfortunately its this simple to me what defensive gameplan hell even a pre game show has said you have to stop Dak to win?

garyo1954

Reaction score

Good points. Being efficient is a good trait until you need that big play, then you call Tony Romo or Aaron Rodgers.

dfense

Reaction score
Curious to see who falls past 10, if any, and if Rosen and Darnold declare
The top 2 are more than likely set, but you got guys like Mayfield who is a polarizing prospect. Or Josh Allen from Wyoming.
I heard Allen has a gun. I'm all for that. A guy with an arm that can make throws off play action with Zeke.

yentl911

Reaction score
How crazy would this be - Romo loses his job against the Seachickens and Dak’s last game as the Dallas starter is against them as well because Rush comes in and plays lights out

If I’m HC Rush starts and okays this whole game

Put Dak on notice before the offseason and see what Cooper has

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
We probably stay with him for the rest of his career. We should bring in a veteran this off-season and bench Dak as soon as it's obvious that he's not helping us.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
DAK has had 5 games below a rating of 70, 3 below 60, 1 300 yard passing game this year, 5 games with multiple interceptions. He has only had 5 games with a 100+ QB rating and only 1 of those came with Zeke out. He has only averaged 210 yards per game.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
The kid has next season... No matter what anyone thinks.

He'll get 2018 and he either get's it right or there will be a change.

And no the Cowboys will not pursue a high draft-pick QB this offseason.

I agree they won’t pursue a high draft pick QB. Copper rush is already as good as any QB that could play backup, so no point. I say get Dak an ACTUAL consistent playmaking WR (Ridley, etc) and if he can’t do it with him, Zeke, and a new OC (yes Linehan should be gone,) then I’m done with Dak. Our defense is finally coming together, so if our offense only features Zeke, Jerry is a curse and deserves no amount of success.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I have said all season the biggest mistake the cowboys made in the off season was bringing back both 83 and 19.

That stagnation hurt the offense the worst this season.

Without zekes suspension this was a playoff team though. One and done but still a playoff team.

Dak get his rookie contract at least

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Why Romo never looked this bad with the same coaching then since it's no coincidence?
Romo learned to ignore them and do the right play......why did we hear kill, kill, kill, on virtually every call? Why couldn't any other QB even be groomed into a serviceable backup? Why couldn't veterans like Cassel or Weeden win a single game until they were released and went to another team?.....You Garrett lovers only see what you WISH you were seeing not what is reality.

JDSmith

Reaction score
DAK has had 5 games below a rating of 70, 3 below 60, 1 300 yard passing game this year, 5 games with multiple interceptions. He has only had 5 games with a 100+ QB rating and only 1 of those came with Zeke out. He has only averaged 210 yards per game.

Well he's got 4 TD passes and 237 passing yards to the other team this year.

The yardage is actually higher than that, those are only the pick 6 plays.