How Much Confidence Do You Have in Jalen Tolbert?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
How much confidence? Confidence comes from watching a guy perform. Belief or faith is what we're actually talking about.

These players coming out are playing NFL styled offenses. But with Tolbert is more natural ability then it is knowledge. So yes from a scale of one to ten, my faith in him is a 7 right now. He could be better than Gallup in the long run.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The way I see it, Tolbert is a legitimate #2 WR in the NFL, which is why I'm not as concerned as some about the WR position.

That said, it would appear as if fans and others in the media don't share the same level of faith in Tolbert as I do.

So many are clamoring for us to bring in a veteran WR, which I would ultimately be on board with (even though I like Fehoko, Turpin, Houston and Roberson as potential #3 options).

Are fans just not as confident in Tolbert because he's a rookie?

I'm about a 7 of 10 as far as being confident he can rise to the occasion as a formidable #2 guy during his rookie year.

If all goes well, I can see him even surpassing Cooper's 2021 production.

What is your general confidence level in Tolbert?

Regardless of my opinion, they're not going to play him like they would an entrench veteran #2 WR.

After CeeDee it will be WR by committee.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Regardless of my opinion, they're not going to play him like they would an entrench veteran #2 WR.

After CeeDee it will be WR by committee.

You mean the staff?

Defenses?

Scheme-wise?

Or that he won't get the same playing time or reps a vet would?

Why?

Hardline

Reaction score
That is a pretty good guess, IMO.

Like the new avatar BTW…
That's Tatiana Shmailyuk. Singer of a Ukrainian metal band called Jinjer.

ec4d23c2d9776ea4f36d7b63467d7c45.jpg

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The way I see it, Tolbert is a legitimate #2 WR in the NFL, which is why I'm not as concerned as some about the WR position.

That said, it would appear as if fans and others in the media don't share the same level of faith in Tolbert as I do.

So many are clamoring for us to bring in a veteran WR, which I would ultimately be on board with (even though I like Fehoko, Turpin, Houston and Roberson as potential #3 options).

I'm about a 7 of 10 as far as being confident he can rise to the occasion as a formidable #2 guy during his rookie year.

Not that you said it, but just saying doesnt matter if they were a 1st round pick or UDFA, at this point its just who is willing to step up and find a role, esp when discussing the WR position.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
With or without Gallup

True that this is not ideal though.

Luckily, with Lamb, Shultz, Elliott, and Pollard, Dallas has 4 other already proven weapons besiides Missing Gallup a few games.
And maybe Houston, Tolbert and Brown can help some too
Double team Lamb and this will be a mess. And yeah of course they could go 0-3 with Gallup. That's not the point. The point is you build a team the proper way. If you go 0-3 that's fine. But if you go 0-3 with Deonte Thompson, Cole Beasley and Allen Hurns as your receivers? You get whatever you deserve. You're doing yourself no favors. You go 0-3 with Lamb, Gallup, Schultz, etc.? I can live with that. Just wasn't good enough.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Depending on how the rookies look, I wouldnt rule out Dallas adding a FA

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not ideal!

Just a reminder, and this was only most of one game vs 3, the Rams were missing Wr2, WR3, WR4, and TE1 last year in the Super Bowl

We shal overcome
:dance:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Confidence? None because I have yet to see him on the big stage yet.

Hope? A lot of it because they're going to need him as well as Ferguson.
This. ^^^

When we have our fan glasses on we can see Tolbert as a star in the making. And maybe he will be. I hope so.

But if I’m being objective, I think Tolbert has a lot of upside that has yet to be tested by an NFL All Pro corner in his face in a game that counts on a 3rd and 7 pushing him off his route.

Most rookie receivers these days develop faster than they used to. But even the best take more than training camp and PS games to get up to NFL quality performance. I think Tolbert will have a really good rookie year but I also expect him to run across some learning curve moments.

Toro9

Reaction score
The speed and technique of NFL DBs is going to be a transition, especially coming from D2. But he's got ability. I'm gonna say...
45 catches, 550 yards, 3 TDs

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I just don’t understand how anyone can say Tolbert is a legitimate number 2 wr in the nfl when he hasn’t even played a single game. Sure, he can develop into that and be a good player but what is this based on? College film? Training camp and ota’s? Just a bit ridiculous Imo.

I think he’ll be pretty serviceable and good but it’ll take time and I won’t feel confident one way or the other until actual games are played.