How much would you pay to extend Shultz?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
$8-10M sounds about right.........

Side note...Love the kid and wanna keep him but that was one goofy game he had Sunday (LOL)

Hunter Henry - coming off of a nearly identical season to Schultz in 2020 - signed a deal with New England averaging $12.5 million a year.

Schultz currently ranks 5th among TE’s. Henry? 25th.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hunter Henry - coming off of a nearly identical season to Schultz in 2020 - signed a deal with New England averaging $12.5 million a year.

Problem for Schultz is I don’t think what he is good at travels.

He’s good at his job but he’s like the 5th or 6th option.

If a team signed him for 12 million and wanted him in a larger role I think they’d be a little disappointed.

He’s a product of the system in a lot of ways.

Verdict

Reaction score
I would love to see Schultz extended, but not at 8M per year. If he is getting paid that much let him go somewhere else and draft a guy just like him in the draft super cheap (4-6th rounds).

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Problem for Schultz is I don’t think what he is good at travels.

He’s good at his job but he’s like the 5th or 6th option.

If a team signed him for 12 million and wanted him in a larger role I think they’d be a little disappointed.

He’s a product of the system in a lot of ways.

The system certainly helps, but he’s still doing the work. Going on two years now. With and without Dak.

He won’t come cheap.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
They will do whatever they can to keep him. Gallup is gone...unfortunate because I like him but his WR role is replaceable.

Schultz has emerged as a security blanket for Dak. You see how many targets he has been getting. He is a big part in Dak getting the ball out quickly because he gets open underneath and Dak trusts him. That is a valuable role in this offense that they haven't had since Cole Beasley

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would love to see Schultz extended, but not at 8M per year. If he is getting paid that much let him go somewhere else and draft a guy just like him in the draft super cheap (4-6th rounds).

I wonder if they think they have one in McKeon?

John813

Reaction score
5 year 50mil, 15 mil sb 22.5mil fully guaranteed. Think it's possible if they can get him re-signed before the silly season of FA begins.

Year 1 cap hit of: 1mil base, 3 mil signing bonus= 4mil cap hit.
Year 1 and 2 fully guaranteed base.

Let McKeon take over Jarwins role. Draft another for depth

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he's willing to sign a sensible contract, sure. He's very underrated. Good player. But if he wants to be paid like he's a top TE in the league no thank you. We already gave out one abortion of a contract at the position.

You guys get way too excited about players and want to rush into bad deals.

Verdict

Reaction score
5 year 50mil, 15 mil sb 22.5mil fully guaranteed. Think it's possible if they can get him re-signed before the silly season of FA begins.

Year 1 cap hit of: 1mil base, 3 mil signing bonus= 4mil cap hit.
Year 1 and 2 fully guaranteed base.
I would pass on that my friend. He’s playing well, no doubt about it. But that is paying average talent a premium price.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The system certainly helps, but he’s still doing the work. Going on two years now. With and without Dak.

He won’t come cheap.

What do you think are the options...if he asks for 12m, is that a no brainer or do we move on ...crazy question is Noah Brown an option or hell no?

Aven8

Reaction score
It’s a lot. I was surprised that a typically frugal team like New England paid him that much. I’d bet they’re already regretting it. But it certainly jacked-up the market.

It’s because they don’t have to pay a QB now. Lots of spending money and Bill didn’t want to go through another year like the last.