How naive that fans want to blame just one person for all the playoff failures

Brax

Reaction score
Yea, they can point to a number of factors in the SF game, but regardless of that the Defense put Dak and the Offense in a position to Win. The Defense held out (to a manageable level). We were in the 4th Q and trailing by 6 and 7 pts respectively.

It's a bit like the famous quote in Importance of Being Earnest: To lose one play-off game (in such a manner), may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.
Like one national site said the D did everything they could to win and Dak did everything he could to lose

Brax

Reaction score
Wow one National site.

I recall Pollard getting injured. Anyone else.
It’s not one most agree Dak played poorly but what Dakies want is the D to hold the other team to 3 points or less so Dak has a chance. So a Pollard was the guy who was carrying Dak and poor Dak just crawled into a shell for most of the game. Of course Daks interceptions were not his fault. It isn’t a hate Dak thing it’s watch the games sorry Dak was terrible when it counted most but you keep giving him a pass, chasing 6 is all that’s going to happen as long as Dak is the QB there’s no changing the choke gene in Dak.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It’s not one most agree Dak played poorly but what Dakies want is the D to hold the other team to 3 points or less so Dak has a chance. So a Pollard was the guy who was carrying Dak and poor Dak just crawled into a shell for most of the game. Of course Daks interceptions were not his fault. It isn’t a hate Dak thing it’s watch the games sorry Dak was terrible when it counted most but you keep giving him a pass, chasing 6 is all that’s going to happen as long as Dak is the QB there’s no changing the choke gene in Dak.
News flash. Good defenses make it difficult for opposing QB's.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If I remember correctly both made it to the SB and CCGs , no one would pick Dak over these 2. Dak sucks you are correct DM and JK are HOF QBs and no one would say a word about Dak if he was half the player they were
Funny thing is their careers are over. Dak is just hitting his prime years.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Dak is part of the problem. So is the ownership and culture it creates. Not sure Tom Brady in his prime could win a SB in Dallas. That being said it’s why I wouldn’t resign Dak. With or without him we aren’t winning crap. Spread the money and build the lines and find a serviceable QB.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak is part of the problem. So is the ownership and culture it creates. Not sure Tom Brady in his prime could win a SB in Dallas. That being said it’s why I wouldn’t resign Dak. With or without him we aren’t winning crap. Spread the money and build the lines and find a serviceable QB.
So you still have hope for GM Jethro.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
So you still have hope for GM Jethro.
This is what gets me, im ok when folks say "Ive seen 8 years of Dak thats enough, get someone else"..ok who are you asking to get someone else? the guy who has failed for 30 years?...we can change the names on the field and sideline all we want..until the GM changes how he runs things you will just be changing the name of who you blame for the Cowboys playoff failures..i have 28 years and many many HC's and players that back this theory...

Hadenough

Reaction score
News flash. Good defenses make it difficult for opposing QB's.
The Eagles defense couldn't stop Mahomes. So Hurts did his best with his limited ability and dam near won the game.
The days of the 2000 Ravens are gone. Too dam many rules to favor and protect the offensive players. It's a QB driven league and your only going as far as your QB can take you. Dak is terrible against better teams and it's not like it has only happens once or twice. It's consistently bad!